Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

How can I find out which NEV version my flight is/should I go DL instead?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2008, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

Life is tough and I won't be able to avoid taking AF or an AF codeshare going from Paris to NYC this weekend. Paid Business Class. I've had an unimpressive trip with them some weeks ago.

My main concern is the seat: I'd like to make sure I am not in one of those C class seats where I am sliding down to the floor. IIRC only the NEV2 and NEV3 seats have the "foot stop", right? How can I find out which NEV version my flight will be? Alternatively, how is the flight on DL metal? Their seats are quite nice too I hear. CO and AA aren't options for ticketing reasons.

Thanks for sharing any experience
Old Dec 4, 2008, 8:59 am

Programs: SQ * UA * QF * AF
Originally Posted by creber
IIRC only the NEV2 and NEV3 seats have the "foot stop", right?
Wrong, only NEV 3 seats have been fitted with the famous foot stopper

How can I find out which NEV version my flight will be?
You cannot, except that, AFAIK, only 772 & 77W are equipped with NEV3 seats (CDG-JFK: AF22, AF6 and AF8)

Alternatively, how is the flight on DL metal?
No DL metal anymore on CDG-JFK, only AF metal
From France, DL metal can only be found on LYS-JFK and NCE-JFK
Old Dec 4, 2008, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Thanks Malonda! That's all the info I needed!
Old Dec 4, 2008, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Malonda
From France, DL metal can only be found on LYS-JFK and NCE-JFK
I assume you mean to JFK; DL metal still operates from CDG to ATL, CVG, and SLC.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 4:56 pm

Programs: SQ * UA * QF * AF
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
I assume you mean to JFK; DL metal still operates from CDG to ATL, CVG, and SLC.
Sure I do, but thank you for the additional information!
Old Dec 4, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: FB Plat lifetimer,BA, US, LH
How can somebody think about preferring DL metal over AF? Might be some of the older seats are not the absolute best at AF, but DL seats are a nightmare. I would accept DL only on day flights. Never on night flights.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mennix, everything is relative. The NEV 1 is absolute garbage, NEV 2 not much better. Obviously AF concurs, otherwise they would not have redesigned it twice since. That added to an inferior soft product makes those worse options than DL's product. Nghtmare? No try KE's current old biz seat ICN-IST or SQ's on some longer routes that they have not updated and then you'll know what a nightmare is.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:07 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Mennix
How can somebody think about preferring DL metal over AF? Might be some of the older seats are not the absolute best at AF, but DL seats are a nightmare. I would accept DL only on day flights. Never on night flights.
IMHO, the AF seat in J was quite comfortable on my recent flt from CDG/LAX. Yes, I could lie flat. OTOH, the cabin was unbearably hot. Dress for warm weather in the cabin; you'll be a lot more comfortable. Now, having flown within the last year on DL, AF and KL, I'm going with KL for comfort and service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.