Search

Air France: 2 free stopovers in Paris from US

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Air France: 2 free stopovers in Paris from US

Air France’s new +Paris offer.

Starting today, Air France launches "+Paris", with free stopovers in Paris in either direction on all flights to Europe, Middle East, India or Africa.

Passengers now have the option of staying in Paris, on the way to and/or from their final destination, without any additional cost, whether they are flying in First Class, Business Class or Economy and no matter what fare they pay.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 5:04 am

Programs: Skywards, KrisFlyer, Flying Blue, BAEC but only till I’ve used all my Avios, Thai Orchid
Originally Posted by delanotre
Air France’s new +Paris offer.

Starting today, Air France launches "+Paris", with free stopovers in Paris in either direction on all flights to Europe, Middle East, India or Africa.

Passengers now have the option of staying in Paris, on the way to and/or from their final destination, without any additional cost, whether they are flying in First Class, Business Class or Economy and no matter what fare they pay.
And when you arrive at CDG your "option of staying in Paris.....without any additional cost" will quite probably start with a FREE but unfortunately obligatory tour of CDG as up to 300 of you all have to suffer the force-fed misery of "desembarquement effectué par bus".

Good luck to one, and all.

Sim

p.s. add to that, if you are flying in First or Biz the "desembarquement effectué par bus" means that there is no advantage to premium pax when getting off the plane. In fact, once the Eco passengers have got on the bus all those premium pax are often last out of the bus at the other end. It's a great way at the end of a flight to reward all those premium passengers who have just paid so much for the privilege of travelling with AF

Last edited by Armchair Flyer; Dec 4, 2008 at 5:12 am Reason: added ps comment
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:38 pm

C'm on, let's stop grudging! What does the possibility of a free stop-over have to do with being bussed? And, at any rate, I remember that at the time when 2E wasn't finished when planes parked at the very remote provisional terminal, long haul C class passengers were put in a dedicated bus that left before even the first coach passenger had come down the stairs. True, this is not the case for European flights when everybody is using the same bus, but that is not that big a problem either.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by KLouis
C'm on, let's stop grudging! What does the possibility of a free stop-over have to do with being bussed? And, at any rate, I remember that at the time when 2E wasn't finished when planes parked at the very remote provisional terminal, long haul C class passengers were put in a dedicated bus that left before even the first coach passenger had come down the stairs. True, this is not the case for European flights when everybody is using the same bus, but that is not that big a problem either.
In the event of unavailable jetways, premium long haul passengers are still put on a dedicated bus upon disembarking, as you point out - at least this has been my experience the last several times. Even though the lack of jetways remains a problem at CDG, the dedicated Espace Affaires bus is better than nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.