Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF 777s Cabin Temperature is TOO hot

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2008, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
AF 777s Cabin Temperature is TOO hot

Is it just me or is the temperature in the C cabin just too hot? In the past year, I've taken many AF overnight long-hauls on 777s and it is just way too hot for me. As there are no individual air vents I find it almost unbearable. Each time I've asked the FAs if they could turn down the heat or something. Some times, they do. Some times, they don't. In every situation, I always change from a dress shirt/tie into very light, nice jeans and a short-sleeve cotton Polo shirt.
Just this past week I flew CDG-EZE-CDG and found that the temperature outbound in 4B was perfect (first time ever), but returning in 4G I was sweating just sitting in my seat.
My thought on this issue is that the cabin should always be a little on the cooler side as there are no individual air vents and I can only remove so much clothing. If someone is cold, there are not only little socks, but plenty of merino wool blankets too.
This is not an issue on the A340. For some reason on all my flights on that aircraft, the temperature seems to be just fine. I haven't taken a flight on 747 in eons. It's always 777 and A340.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:13 pm

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Cabin temp

This can be one of the most annoying aspects of a long flight--a cabin temp that is too hot. One simply cannot sleep under those conditions.

Here is the rub. If the cabin is too cold, one can use a blanket, put on a sweater, do lots of things to warm up. But if the cabin is too warm, there is nothing one can do.

I have frequently asked the flight attendants to turn down the temp and that has worked.

I really wish the crews would be more sensitive to the need to keep things cool in the cabin as that allows virtually everyone to accommodate to the temp. The other way around--too warm and only a few will be able to cope.

By the way, this is not a problem unique to AF. Flight crews set the temp in the cabin on all airlines and some crews really crank up the heat--big mistake.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
This topic has come up before and it was suggested that some crew do it deliberately on night flights to send people off to sleep so they are less trouble, e.g. fewer call bells, etc

It works the opposite way for me - I can't sleep if I'm too hot.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
I just arrived recently from MEX and was seated in the forward mini C cabin. I found the temperature alternated between too hot and too cold throughout the flight. I can only guess that one pax said too hot, so they turn it down. Then a pax says too cold, so they turn it up. And so on and so on... (I prefer too cold to too hot.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.