Wiki Posts
Search

Snackbar and meals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2007, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF F+, KLM FD, SAS EB, Malmo Aviation Bonus
Snackbar and meals

Is there a snackbar set up in Tempo on AF flights with a duration of more than 10.5 hours ?

I am flying AMS-LAX (AF 0064) on Dec.11 and am kind of wondering if I will have to bring my own snacks.

What are the meals like on this route?
Old Nov 3, 2007, 6:23 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Well, there will be a bunch of sodapop / perrier cans and juice cartons laid out in the galley, plus tiny packs of pretzels. They do serve fairly regular meals and you won't feel too hungry on planes .. if you really want, do take along a granola bar or two.

Originally Posted by santamonica
Is there a snackbar set up in Tempo on AF flights with a duration of more than 10.5 hours ?

I am flying AMS-LAX (AF 0064) on Dec.11 and am kind of wondering if I will have to bring my own snacks.

Old Nov 4, 2007, 2:15 am

Hello,

In theory there are ice cream bars as well.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Marvelous
Old Nov 4, 2007, 9:21 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Marvelous
You should go early, as the ice cream bars tend to disappear quickly
Old Nov 4, 2007, 11:01 am
Original Poster

I just knew I was doing the very right thing in getting a seat almost next to the expected snackbar.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 12:48 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by JOUY31
In less than 5 minutes, from my personal experience. They are at passengers' disposal in the rear galley.

I just knew I was doing the very right thing in getting a seat almost next to the expected snackbar.
In 777s the middle "galley" won't have ice creams, only (nice) sandwiches and soft drinks. Walk around the rear galley area a few hours after the lunch service to inquire about the time the crew will hand out ice cream bars.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the snackbar get set up in C for mid-haul flights like CDG-CAI or CDG-DXB? There is only one main meal and no pre-arrival service from what I understand during the daylight flights.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

Flight AF0064 is CDG-LAX and not AMS.
Are you flying AF or KLM?
If its AF, I have done CDG-SFO a couple of times in coach and the food service and drinks is very nice and filling. They have a lot of beverages during the whole flight and a few snacks. My general rule is bring some fruit/nuts combination or a couple of bars in case I dont feel like sleeping and my tummy starts getting bored.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I asked crew ... and they brought ice cream to my seat ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.