Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG from 2C to 2E : please help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Question Paris CDG from 2C to 2E : please help

I am on a flight arriving in Paris CDG Terminal 2C from BLR and connecting to SEA from 2E, I have 1 hour 25 minutes(85 minute), is this enough ? Do I need to rush or run or anything ? How difficult is this gate transfer ? Are there any tips to make it easy, and any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:25 am
Suspended

I few an itinerary that was somewhat the same not long ago. You need to get a bus to 2E. They will check your ticket and passport (as they do every 20 feet in Europe it seems) and then you get on the bus. Once there, you need to clear a security checkpoint (why you do this given that you're in a secure area I'm not sure). They will check ticket, passport, and do a security screening that you usually do when you first go through security. Then you'll have to walk down to the gate and get on a bus (which I hate) to get to the plane. We departed late as they're always waiting for people to arrive. Running might not be needed, but I'd definitely move quickly and not stop at the duty free store.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:18 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
This is a somewhat tight connection, but it should be OK if your flight from BLR is on time.

You have two options :

I would personally go landside, as there are too many stops on the airside shuttle between 2C and 2E, with possible delays at any given stop.

Enjoy your flights
      paris1000 likes this.
      Old Feb 24, 2008, 9:27 pm
      Original Poster

Thank you for responses, flight from bangalore usually arrives on time, since it is over 10 hour flight and delays upto 1 hour at take off are usually made up during the trip by arriving on time. Hope everything works out fine.
      Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:17 pm

My last two flights from BLR to CDG arrived at 2E, so it was just a matter of walking up the stairs, along the corridor, and back down to the security checkpoint to re-enter 2E. One other time, we ended up at 2B. So you may not have to ride any buses at all if you are lucky and your plane ends up at 2E.

(On the other hand, on four trips from EWR to CDG I haven't ended up at the same place twice, so it always pays to be prepared!)
      Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:28 pm
      Original Poster

Originally Posted by gbrail
      My last two flights from BLR to CDG arrived at 2E, so it was just a matter of walking up the stairs, along the corridor, and back down to the security checkpoint to re-enter 2E. One other time, we ended up at 2B. So you may not have to ride any buses at all if you are lucky and your plane ends up at 2E.

(On the other hand, on four trips from EWR to CDG I haven't ended up at the same place twice, so it always pays to be prepared!)
      As per Airfrance.us , it is supposed to arrive in 2E from BLR, but on the e-ticket it says the arrival is in 2C. The flight is in april so it may all change
      Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
      Paris CDG from 2C to 2E

The last response was more than 11 years ago. What is the latest in having to transfer from 2C to 2E? Is it still the bus from 2C to 2E?
      Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:12 am
      FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
      Paris CDG from 2C to 2E

The last response was more than 11 years ago. What is the latest in having to transfer from 2C to 2E? Is it still the bus from 2C to 2E?
      Where to go ? - PARIS-CDG CHARLES de GAULLE AIRPORT
      Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:16 am

Thanks for the link.

I am not quite sure if one goes through security after landing in Terminal C and then take the bus to Terminal E. Where do they drop you off in Terminal E? As K, L, M are separate areas. Do you go through security for K, L, M upon reaching Terminal E?
      Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
      Thanks for the link.

I am not quite sure if one goes through security after landing in Terminal C and then take the bus to Terminal E. Where do they drop you off in Terminal E? As K, L, M are separate areas. Do you go through security for K, L, M upon reaching Terminal E?
      Upon arrival at 2C, you take the bus, and will go through security in either K, L, or M, depending from where your flight leaves. Be aware that Paris Airport and/or Air France and/or French authorities have this strange concept of allowing you only to that councourse from where your flight leaves. So for instance, if your flight is from K, they won't let you go through security in L to use the lounge there.
      Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
      Upon arrival at 2C, you take the bus, and will go through security in either K, L, or M, depending from where your flight leaves. Be aware that Paris Airport and/or Air France and/or French authorities have this strange concept of allowing you only to that councourse from where your flight leaves. So for instance, if your flight is from K, they won't let you go through security in L to use the lounge there.
      Thanks for your response.

It looks like from 2C to 2E, walking is faster than taking the bus as the bus goes all the way around before reaching 2E. I have a tight connection and wanted to refresh the layout as I never noticed much when there was plenty of time to make a connection.
      Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

It looks like from 2C to 2E, walking is faster than taking the bus as the bus goes all the way around before reaching 2E. I have a tight connection and wanted to refresh the layout as I never noticed much when there was plenty of time to make a connection.
      True, the bus makes a detour. On the other hand, when going on foot you'll have to go landside, which means passing immigration twice. Whilst I usually have not made negative experiences with immigration at 2C you may spend quite a bit of time at 2E when re-entering airside. Depending on what passport you hold (EU/EEA/SUI passport holders can use automated gates) and whether you have status (there is a fast lane for SkyPriority customers which also has its own automated gates) immigration at 2E may take you quite a bit of time.

Your call.
      Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:07 pm
      FlyerTalk Evangelist
      Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

As San Gottardo said, going landside has some major inconveniences because of having to go through immigration twice. I am not sure it will be faster than taking the airside connection bus. Can you tell us how much time you have for your connection ?
      Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:35 am

Thanks for your responses.

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
      True, the bus makes a detour. On the other hand, when going on foot you'll have to go landside, which means passing immigration twice. Whilst I usually have not made negative experiences with immigration at 2C you may spend quite a bit of time at 2E when re-entering airside. Depending on what passport you hold (EU/EEA/SUI passport holders can use automated gates) and whether you have status (there is a fast lane for SkyPriority customers which also has its own automated gates) immigration at 2E may take you quite a bit of time.
      Your call.
      I did not realize that you have to go through immigration when choosing to walk. I have a US passport and my experience with 2E immigration is one of "avoid at all costs" if you can.

Originally Posted by Goldorak
      As San Gottardo said, going landside has some major inconveniences because of having to go through immigration twice. I am not sure it will be faster than taking the airside connection bus. Can you tell us how much time you have for your connection ?
      I land at 9:00AM (with possible delays) and the flight to Africa is at 10:25AM. The flight is not every day and if I miss it, it is another 2 days before I can take it hence the worries about connections. I have done the 2C-2E transfer before but it was on auto pilot as there was another flight if I missed it. But not in this case...
      Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:49 pm
      FlyerTalk Evangelist
      Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
      I land at 9:00AM (with possible delays) and the flight to Africa is at 10:25AM. The flight is not every day and if I miss it, it is another 2 days before I can take it hence the worries about connections. I have done the 2C-2E transfer before but it was on auto pilot as there was another flight if I missed it. But not in this case...
      Definitely stay airside IMHO.
      thierryd92 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.