FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Suggestions for improvement to CDG operations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/786681-suggestions-improvement-cdg-operations.html)

William S May 23, 2011 5:25 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 16352272)
I agree this is needlessly confusing - I have often seen/heard people who had missed their flight because they went to the wrong part, and it is pointless to explain that it is well explained that Eaa to Ebb is here and Ecc to Edd there; the two parts are completely discrete (more so, in fact, than what 2A and 2C will soon become for instance!) and there is simply no good reason to not label them as separate terminals.

Ah well I made my connection 2E to 2G pretty easily yesterday. Only chaotic part was passport control where two lines merged into one... Beautiful girls in orange dresses tried to organize it but they did not manage. Other thing I noticed was that there were no seperate lanes for EU/EEA citizens - everything was the same.

San Gottardo Aug 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Posting this in the overall CDG thread as this is not something that has happened to me on an AF flight:

I suggest CDG operations and the French border guard
  • study which destinations require passport control and which ones don't...
  • ...and stop sending passengers through passport control when none is needed
  • or worse: drop passengers by bus at the Non-Schengen arrival and leave them locked out by non-staffed immigraiton counters because noone expected the flight to come in

Only in Paris...

Goldorak Aug 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by creber (Post 16987143)
Posting this in the overall CDG thread as this is not something that has happened to me on an AF flight:

I suggest CDG operations and the French border guard
  • study which destinations require passport control and which ones don't...
  • ...and stop sending passengers through passport control when none is needed
  • or worse: drop passengers by bus at the Non-Schengen arrival and leave them locked out by non-staffed immigraiton counters because noone expected the flight to come in

Only in Paris...

Waouh...CDG at its best it seems :D
just for "fun", can you share with us the circumstances/what happened ?

San Gottardo Aug 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Privately chartered flight from Paris CDG to Kangerlussuaq in Greenland and back.

At departure, we had to go through passport control in Paris, and upon return we were bussed from the tarmac to Non-Schengen arrivals at CDG. In the terminal, we were stuck because the immigration counters were closed. After some noise a customs official appeared, asked us - through the closed glass door - where we had arrived from. He said the flight had not been expected and disappeared again. After some more noise two other guys turned up, one from ADP, another one from customs, an argument started. There were about 1% of people trying to explain them that we had arrived from an airport that is integrated in the Schengen zone, and 99% of people just shouting that they were fed up. THey then just opened the door and let everyone through.

For facts: Greenland is not a signatory state of the Schengen agreement, but is integrated in the Schengen zone. I have flown there several times, always on a scheduled flight CDG-CPH-SFJ. Fully in Schengen, no passport controls. ANd there aren't any passport controls in Kangerlussuaq either. Only in Paris, where there was a mix of ignorance about rules and the usual operational hickups (I spare you the usual stuff of no stais available, not enough buses, confused agents, etc).

Surely, making errors is human, but for the border guards not to know when to check passports, and be it for a less popular destination, that is quite lame.

Goldorak Aug 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by creber (Post 16987324)
Privately chartered flight from Paris CDG to Kangerlussuaq in Greenland and back.

Thank you Creber :)
That's an "exotic" trip. I have to admit that I never heard about this city before :-:. Only Godthab that we always see on the map during the transatlantic flights

San Gottardo Aug 24, 2011 5:37 pm

Kangerlussuaq (=Søndre Strømfjord as it used to be called) is the main and de facto almost only entry airport into Greenland. All jets from Europe land there, including the A330s from Air Greenland. All other airports in the country see scheduled service only by commuter planes on domestic services or from Iceland, with the exception of Narssassuaq in Southern Greenland which has seasonal 757s to Copenhagen.

Nuuk (=Godthåb) is the capital which is why it snows on the map of your trans-Atlantic flight. But the pilots upfront are more interested in Kangerlussuaq as this is the field where they would make an emergency landing should something happen on that trans-Atlantic trip.

Sorry for the off topic.

fredsxb Jan 14, 2012 12:30 am

Slightly OT but still:

For Elite or Elite+ passengers traveling on a long-haul award ticket (or long-haul Premium Cabin passengers traveling on an award ticket): fix the issue responsible for failure to recognize their status or ticket class for their connecting domestic flight in France.

Every time I travel on an award ticket, regardless of the fact that I have Platinum status + am traveling in Business class, I end up seating in the last row of my connecting domestic flight in France. When departing from France, insisting to have my status printed on the boarding pass on an award ticket (and having to suffer the check-in agent rolling their eyes) usually solves that problem. However, when flying out of any country but France, this doesn't work.

nicolas75 Dec 1, 2012 1:42 am

Among the last "innovations" by ADP, taxis have now to make a longer drive and a u turn to reach T2F, and there is no way to drop off anymore in front of business class check-in (prepare to walk with your heavy luggage :td::().

Goldorak Dec 1, 2012 4:17 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75 (Post 19775993)
Among the last "innovations" by ADP, taxis have now to make a longer drive and a u turn to reach T2F, and there is no way to drop off anymore in front of business class check-in (prepare to walk with your heavy luggage :td::().

Yes, I confirm as I experienced this today and last week. ADP is never short of crazy ideas :rolleyes:

flyerhog Feb 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 19776307)
Yes, I confirm as I experienced this today and last week. ADP is never short of crazy ideas :rolleyes:

Wow, my worst fears have come true, CDG could not get worst....:td:

nicolas75 Sep 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Paris is ranked 5th world worst airport.

But this is not CDG ;)

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/1...#ixzz3CxMhsHnm

danielonn Mar 21, 2017 1:17 pm

It would help to have more electronic signs on the enterance road to CDG with the Departure terminal and checkin cointer area listing. Upon arrival curbside offer a porter sdrvice to help navigate to the proper chrckin counter.

Then have digital signs pointung to the quickest security line closest to your gate.

On arrivals offer golf carts to custkms and for transfers and have transfer desks and kiosks along the hallway to transfers and have the Air France bus tickets available for purchase at all AF cointers and kiosks even at outstatiins.

Provide free same day transfer to ORY and vice versa

Also offer free espresso machines by gates like Lufthansa.

Offer a dedicated special services desk at all checkin counters and at CDG offer service from curbside also at outstatiins with a special phone number for this service.

Mcflyneo Jan 28, 2018 6:45 am

Would be great if they filter out economy passengers with Silver status from the priority line , and let them board when it's their turn. One of them yesterday in front of me, i don't blame him for trying, was noticed when scanning his ticket and held up the line, but was let through anyway, while the rest was waiting.

bodory Nov 10, 2019 6:22 am

Resurrecting this old thread to share a recent series of tweets from (the PR team of) the CEO of ADP.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3f18dbeb8b.png

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a77e454473.png

Absolutely appalling IMO.

First, even if we can be sure ADP management is well aware of the situation, since more than 7 years, the first tweet is obviously an insult to the average passenger. Looks like a politician from the 80s taking the subway with the journalists and saying it is crowded and dirty in front of the cameras.

Not surprisingly, a guy is pointing out that. Unfortunately the answer is even worse when mentioning past investments whereas actual results are poor. Now the worst is the mention about the Danaids, aka Sisyphean task. They explicitly acknowledge that they will never solve the problem. And no mention that the ultimate accountability goes to the Police, who is the sole authority in charge of controlling the passports.

Basically ADP has limited influence on the administration. Not new but still very much concerning.

San Gottardo Nov 10, 2019 7:34 am

We can expect more PR stunts like these in the context of the debate around the privatisation of ADP