Suggestions for improvement to CDG operations

Old Jan 20, 10, 5:12 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by creber View Post
Bidonville-sous-Bois and Ghetto-les-Pavillons

Last edited by bodory; Jan 20, 10 at 5:44 am
Old Jan 20, 10, 5:35 am

Programs: AF/KLM LTP| Emirates Gold |InterContinental Spire RA |A Club Gold |AMEX Plat| Visa Plat |Hertz P
Clean, where "clean" is defined not by the cleaners and their cultural origins
Old Jan 20, 10, 5:57 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by nicolas75 View Post
Are these because you find me slightly un-political correct (which I may be, but PC doesn't make the trains cleaner)? Or was that some kind of a "indeed that is yikes" s?

Old Jan 20, 10, 7:57 am

Programs: AF/KLM LTP| Emirates Gold |InterContinental Spire RA |A Club Gold |AMEX Plat| Visa Plat |Hertz P
Are these because you find me slightly un-political correct (which I may be, but PC doesn't make the trains cleaner)? Or was that some kind of a "indeed that is yikes" s?

#1 (and you can remove slightly)
Old Jan 20, 10, 7:59 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Time for taking a nice, deep breath. Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 10, 2:08 pm

Programs: EK Gold/AF Gold/BA Gold/SBB Mobilis and demi-tarif/Migros Cumulus :-)
I'm fuming......

Indeedy I am. There is still steam emanating gently from my ears hence my suggestion for an improvement to CDG Operations.

You will remember my Cobus bus driver rant, well today the bus driver was pleasantly unrecognisable from the usual sub-species. Quite marvellous in comparison to the usual 'gob on you' type of driver, in fact excellent (must've had something to do with the fact that he was Indian, with a lot of pride in his self apprerance). Clean cab, no newspapers and no chatting up the AF dolly bird.

However all that positive impression was let down before I got aboard said Cobus for my first stride towards being a Cobus Plat in 2010

The curse? The Passport checker.

Whoever the surly, supercilious, arrogant, couldn't care less (for that read '***k you') chip on her shoulder 25-or-something year old was, responsible for checking pax passports at 2F as they boarded the bus for the AF 1800 departure for MAD this afternoon (errr, hello hello, if you work for CDG Ops and you're reading this post and if you actually care then that's a clue boys and girls why not busculez vos fesses and do something about this somewhat less than charming demoiselle I've given you all you need), I sincerely hope she is discovered, routed out, put in front of a disciplinary and 'mis pied' in the best traditions for a whole host of reasons, least of all and the first that springs to mind, incompatibility with the job.

When will these idiots learn just a few of the basics?
  • Don't scowl at passengers as if they are scum lowlife
  • Dont chew bubble gum not least of all with your mouth open and don't blow bubbles with it whilst you are inspecting pax passport
  • Remember that you have some form of customer service obligation of only to speak to pax with a bonjour as opposed to making a primeval grunt
  • Remember, Pax pay your wages
  • Behave appropriately

It is not acceptable having people in these kinds of positions who clearly have no wish to be there, who think that pax are scum to be treated accordingly, who have no customer facing skills or manners whatsoever, who do not think that chewing gum with mouth open whilst on official duty is wholly inappropriate. These kinds of people should be fired, they have no place working at CDG

That's 2010 off to a cracking start. And I feel a bit better for that too.

Last edited by Simon78300; Jan 26, 10 at 6:01 pm
Old Jan 26, 10, 3:00 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Wonderful post, as always by Sim, a great read

Originally Posted by Simon78300 View Post
These kinds of people (...), they have no place working at CDG
Where else if not at CDG would "these kinds of people" get a job? Isn't CDG the only airport whose recruiting criteria allow for such behaviour?

Having said that, I find most - albeit not all - employees at CDG charming "on an individual basis". It's the context of dysfunctionality, their bad training (not their fault) and the appetite for strike action that negatively impacts our perception of them. But other than that, usually they're nice guys and gals.

Last edited by San Gottardo; Jan 26, 10 at 3:17 pm
Old Feb 18, 10, 3:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Swiss HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Virgin America Elevate
When there are many people traveling, as is the case now with school holidays in France (officially starting in 2days, but many people traveling already now), there should be more than one out of three security filters open at Terminal 1 in CDG.

Our flight was delayed by more than half an hour because people were stuck in security. Interesting to hear the pilot make an announcement saying that "Unfortunately this is one of numerous recurring problems at this airport, but these issues are outside the responsibility of our airline. We know that this is one of the most problematic airports in our network and our airline works since some time to improve performance at this station, but we haven't seen any improvements over the past years."

Rarely I heard a pilot going "on record" to criticize an airport.
Old Apr 25, 10, 5:37 am

I went thru CDG in 2007 on my way to SOF. Things have really declined since then? I didn't see anything I'd criticise about CDG. Only thing I found wacky was going down a spiral staircase to climb on a bus to get to my AF plan to SOF. Kinda disconcerting. Never happened on any travel I've done.

Now one advantage I had was being in a tour with a guy who'd done CDG before. He knew precisely the path from our arrival gate to our departure gate. How well I would have done cold I don't know.

Unrelated note: I think Irene Jacob, a Swiss actress living in Paris walked by me. I'm not a groupie, but I am for Jacob. I stood there and tried to get words out of my mouth and failed. End of personal aside.
Old Apr 18, 11, 4:44 am

Programs: Many
I flew recently from French province to CDG with the last flight of the day. We were scheduled for 2F but after landing we were informed of a terminal change : we actually connected to a 2D airbridge 10 minutes before the original schedule.

It has been a long since time I arrived at the beloved 2D and I had heard things had improved there. Well, yesterday it was not the case : that evening, we arrived at a closed terminal.

Being amongst the first ones to deplane, I faced a fence below the large exit and luggage delivery sign when leaving the jetbridge. Of course, no one from ADP nor AF was there. With disregard for the rule, I cautiously opened the fence and entered the single lock, followed by my carry-on and an entire A320.

Bad idea : just after 3 pax and I had gone out of the lock, the doors suddenly closed, trapping 2 other pax inside the lock and leaving 178 minus 6 people between the airbridge and the lock. Oh, and a strong alarm also started to ring out inside the whole terminal ; just like it happens during bank raids.

I don’t know if one of the trapped pax pressed the fire button to release the doors but they finally managed to exit the lock. And just because ADP loves making your travel as smooth as possible, the first lock was followed by another one whose doors were that time miraculously open. Maybe was it the case because the alarm was still ringing out?

ADP, if you read this board, please take notes about my suggestions :
- make sure some human beings still work in the appropriate terminal when aircrafts actually connect to your jetbridges even if that happens before the original schedule
- inform pax about the relevance of transiting through two successive locks before entering the luggage claim

Thank you
Old Apr 22, 11, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA CCR, A3 G, Aclub Plat, Hilton D, IC Plat Amb, Starwood G, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bodory View Post
I flew recently from French province to CDG with the last flight of the day. We were scheduled for 2F but after landing we were informed of a terminal change : we actually connected to a 2D airbridge 10 minutes before the original schedule.

It has been a long since time I arrived at the beloved 2D and I had heard things had improved there. Well, yesterday it was not the case : that evening, we arrived at a closed terminal.

Being amongst the first ones to deplane, I faced a fence below the large exit and luggage delivery sign when leaving the jetbridge. Of course, no one from ADP nor AF was there. With disregard for the rule, I cautiously opened the fence and entered the single lock, followed by my carry-on and an entire A320.

Bad idea : just after 3 pax and I had gone out of the lock, the doors suddenly closed, trapping 2 other pax inside the lock and leaving 178 minus 6 people between the airbridge and the lock. Oh, and a strong alarm also started to ring out inside the whole terminal ; just like it happens during bank raids.

I dont know if one of the trapped pax pressed the fire button to release the doors but they finally managed to exit the lock. And just because ADP loves making your travel as smooth as possible, the first lock was followed by another one whose doors were that time miraculously open. Maybe was it the case because the alarm was still ringing out?

ADP, if you read this board, please take notes about my suggestions :
- make sure some human beings still work in the appropriate terminal when aircrafts actually connect to your jetbridges even if that happens before the original schedule
- inform pax about the relevance of transiting through two successive locks before entering the luggage claim

Thank you
WOW!!!!
Old May 4, 11, 1:33 pm

Has anyone already experienced the new ADP Concierge service?
Old May 8, 11, 7:23 pm

Make proper airside connections between all terminals and stop hinging so called satelite terminals to 2E. Just call them 2H, 2I etc. Or renumber the whole thing. Terminal 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 etc.
Old May 9, 11, 3:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Just a couple of figures regarding CDG operations as I know some of you are very fond of numbers.

For IATA Sumer Season 2011 (27/03/2011 -> 29/10/2011) on CDG platform :
- 159.322 departures are scheduled (average of 737 departures per day) ;
- 159.402 arrivals are scheduled (average of 737 departures per day).
Old May 9, 11, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA CCR, A3 G, Aclub Plat, Hilton D, IC Plat Amb, Starwood G, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by William S View Post
Make proper airside connections between all terminals and stop hinging so called satelite terminals to 2E. Just call them 2H, 2I etc. Or renumber the whole thing. Terminal 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 etc.
I agree this is needlessly confusing - I have often seen/heard people who had missed their flight because they went to the wrong part, and it is pointless to explain that it is well explained that Eaa to Ebb is here and Ecc to Edd there; the two parts are completely discrete (more so, in fact, than what 2A and 2C will soon become for instance!) and there is simply no good reason to not label them as separate terminals.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: