Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in CDG - 2005

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
Connecting in CDG - 2005

flying next week tuesday CDG-ATL-ZYR and have 1hr15min connecting
is that enough (even with extra securtiy after the LON attacks
Old Aug 3, 2005, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Airfrancefan
flying next week tuesday CDG-ATL-ZYR and have 1hr15min connecting
is that enough (even with extra securtiy after the LON attacks
you won't have any problems: 75min is enough time for passport and customs. then a short walk to the train station and there you are.
just be aware that you will have to change your boarding pass into a THALYS boarding pass. There is AirFrance staff on the platform before you go downstairs to the train departure level. you'll have to get your luggage at CDG and give it to AF/Thalys staff, if you have.

good "flight"
Old Aug 3, 2005, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by chrissxb
you won't have any problems: 75min is enough time for passport and customs. then a short walk to the train station and there you are.
just be aware that you will have to change your boarding pass into a THALYS boarding pass. There is AirFrance staff on the platform before you go downstairs to the train departure level. you'll have to get your luggage at CDG and give it to AF/Thalys staff, if you have.

good "flight"
thank you
so the BP i will get in ATL is not valid on the CDG-ZYR segment like AFs website say
and where will the AF staff exactly stand on the platform (as i understand between 2C,E,F,D
thanxx,
AFFAN
Old Aug 4, 2005, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

exactly. AF staff is on the level where you have the SNCF counters 30min prior to scheduled departure of your train.
changing of BP is a sort of check-in for that flight. AF staff does get the non e-ticket travel coupons and know the exact number of passengers on this flight. that's why they proceed to this exchange. you'll get the same seat as on your BP you'll get at ATL.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 8:25 am
Original Poster

exactly. AF staff is on the level where you have the SNCF counters 30min prior to scheduled departure of your train.
changing of BP is a sort of check-in for that flight. AF staff does get the non e-ticket travel coupons and know the exact number of passengers on this flight. that's why they proceed to this exchange. you'll get the same seat as on your BP you'll get at ATL.
ok thank you very much

do they use 2E for arrivals to or only Departures

and what do i have to do just incase i missed the train

thank you very much,
AFFAN

Last edited by Airfrancefan; Aug 4, 2005 at 3:36 pm
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:16 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Two questions about 2E

Hi. Thanks for this helpful thread. Two questions: 1. If arrival is at 2E (business class), how convenient is it to get to the arrivals lounge at 2C? 2. If arriving domestic at 2F, is 90 minutes sufficient to get to international departure at 2E?

Thanks.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:47 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ohmark
Hi. Thanks for this helpful thread. Two questions: 1. If arrival is at 2E (business class), how convenient is it to get to the arrivals lounge at 2C? 2. If arriving domestic at 2F, is 90 minutes sufficient to get to international departure at 2E?

Thanks.
1. I haven't arrived at 2E since the last changes. But once you are landside in 2E, it takes less than 10mn to walk to the arivals lounge in 2C.

2. Once you have gone through the baggage retrieval area in 2F, it takes less than 10mn to walk to passport control / security in 2E. 90mn from the moment you land is more than enough.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ohmark

Thanks.
I did it this morning, sitting in arrival lounge right now. it took me about 10min to go there. don't take the airside bus, it takes longer.

90min is really enough time to make it to 2E.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Thanks JOUY31 and chrissxb. Chrissxb, what's for breakfast?
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

breakfast is continental breakfast with bread, croissants, pain au chocolat, cornflakes, honey, jam, cornflakes, whatever you want. and nice shower facilities !!!
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:17 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
breakfast is continental breakfast with bread, croissants, pain au chocolat, cornflakes, honey, jam, cornflakes, whatever you want. and nice shower facilities !!!
I also remember having some eggs, and tropical fruit juices such as kiwi or mango. No warm dish, though.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JOUY31
I also remember having some eggs, and tropical fruit juices such as kiwi or mango. No warm dish, though.
those were gone when I came in this morning.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 1:08 am
Original Poster

also thanx from me chrissxb
we arrived in 2C and was on the platform at 7h30

thanx,
AFFAN
Old Aug 22, 2005, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Cool Xfer 2F to 2E (VCE-CDG-ATL)

I have read the above, but am not sure I understand the transfer between 2F & 2E.

My Itin is slightly different VCE-CDG-ATL. I show I arrive into CDG on AF2427 into 2F. I then Depart on DL21 out of 2E.

I wanted to know about how long this transfer should take, do I need a shuttle (By looking at the Airport map it doesnt look like I do). Finally, if Flying Business, what is the best lounge for me to use. (Ansy chance to use the Arrival Longe for a shower due to my 2.5 hour layover?)

Thanks for the assistance.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 7:54 pm

I am afraid you cannot use the arrivals lounge when arriving on a medium-haul flight from VCE. You should use the departures lounge in the isthmus building, which is next to the jetée, the building where part of the roof collapsed. It is to the left, after passport control and security, one level down. It is one of the best AF lounges and there are showers. If your flight to ATL leaves from the remote gates located in Satellite H, you could also use the lounge located there, but I have not been there yet, and it is most probably not as good as the main 2E lounge.

Regarding the connection from your arrival in 2F to departure 2E, it is simple enough. After leaving the baggage retrieval area, you just walk across, through the gallery, to the arrivals level in 2E (5mn) and take the elevator up to the departures level. No need to take a shuttle.

Enjoy your flight .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.