Community
Wiki Posts
Search

connecting in CDG - 2005

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2007, 2:56 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Gotta Requalify
About a month ago, I flew into CDG for the first time and connected with almost no hassles. Absolutely not the problem that some rumours make it out to be.

Arrived SQ in T1 and left AC in Terminal 2A.

Very strange, but I am flying back to Paris tomorrow (only booked trip a week ago) and have a question as I can't figure out from the CDG web site what I am suppose to do.

I arrive again on SQ in T1 and leave on LH in T1 through MUC to Budapest.

According to the instructions,

So when do I clear Immigration? In France or Germany or Never? Is the France Germany flight treated as Domestic or International?

I know this is the AF forum, but hopefully my bag get sent all the way through, and I should have my boarding passes, so will it be seemless? And does anyone know how do I get to the LH lounge?

Thanks in advance
Well, this is a rather complex itinerary. Unless I am mistaken, you will need to clear immigration in CDG as you are entering the Schengen zone. Customs, on the other hand, should be handled in BUD at your final EU destination. And you will probably have to clear immigration upon departure in MUC when leaving the Schengen zone ...

The LH lounge is located at the basement level of the satellite used by LH. You need a pin code to access the elevator to go down to the LH lounge so you need to see an LH agent at a transfer or ticketing desk. I really don't know where they are located as I usually fly from CDG2.

Enjoy your flights .
Old Mar 17, 2007, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by jonni04
...snip
How do I get to the arrivals lounge at CDG?
It's landside in 2C on the far right hand side of the terminal if you enter from the street (on the side toward 2A). If you arrive in 2E, I would take the airside (interterminal) bus one stop, go upstairs and clear passport control and walk out through baggage claim. Turn left and walk to the end of the hall and there you are. Alternatively, you can clear passport control in 2E and walk to the far side of 2C.
Are there smoking areas in the lounges?
Yes. "After all, miss, this is France." (It's a line from Beauty and the Beast.) At least there were such sections the last time I went through. With EU legislation, anything is possible.
Is there essential differences between the arrivals lounge and the departure lounge?
The arrivals lounge has tons of showers (well, a dozen, anyway), better breakfast, massage chairs, and it closes at 14:00. The departures lounge in your terminal for JNB will serve you adequately after that.
I have tried unsuccessfully to find a detailed map of the airport terminals, with gates and services and lounges etc. Anyone know of such a map?
see another post above
And finally, will I be able to enjoy the new "almost horizontal" beds on the equipment I'll be flying? (Two red-eyes in succession)
You should check the sticky on the new seats. There are posts that detail which routes have what, but my guess is that you will have the almost flat seats. Note that there are two generations of these seats, and the newer ones are much better than the older ones from what has been posted.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 7:06 pm

Programs: SQ *G, QF S, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Advantage Platinum
Just to close out my post above.

Arriving in T1, I had to clear passport control in Paris, to enter the Schengen Zone. Then when getting to Munich, I had to clear passport control again to leave the Schengen Zone. And then arriving in Budapest I had to get my passport stamped a third time that day to enter Hungary.

I thought the lounge would be unoccupied, hence the need for the pin number. And I couldn't find a transfer desk to give me my new boarding passes. (As I couldn't get them in Singapore.) So eventually went out to the main check in area. I found out later there was someone in the lounge that could have issued the passes and there is a phone that you can use.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:44 pm

Transfer question. Arriving 2E on NWA at 11:20 a.m. and transferring to AF to Lisbon which leaves from 2D at 12:45 p.m. Both flights are in business class. Do I take the shuttle bus (if so, in what sequence are the terminals) or simply follow the Correspondence Transfer signs? Is it necessary to go through security as part of the transfer?
Old Mar 25, 2007, 1:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
There is no shuttle stop @2D, so you're gonna have to walk... your connection is tight, so better make sure you don't loose too much time underway...

here is how it goes:

- your plane will arrive on a remote stand, you will be bussed to terminal 2E. As you are in business class you should be able to get on the first bus, which is a good thing. Within terminal 2E you need to clear immigration and go through customs, but you don't have to pick up your luggage. (You will clear customs for your checked luggage in LIS. The customs officers are able to determine if luggage originates from inside the EU or not due to the color or the luggage tags).

- After exiting customs follow the correspondance signs to 2D. You could also take the landside shuttle, however I wouldn't really recommend it as it usally takes even longer than walking. The signs should lead you through a long hallway to 2F, within 2F turn left and follow the signs through another long hallway to the train station and on to 2D. Total walking time, depening on your pace, after clearing immigration should be about 10-15 minutes.

- Within 2D you have to re-clear security (this is also part of EU regulations, all passengers arriving from flights originating outside the EU have to re-clear security). Make sure you don't have any liquids etc. with you (items bought in a duty free shop outside the EU are also not allowed to be carried through, even if placed in a sealed bag).
Old Mar 25, 2007, 8:52 pm

Haggis79, Your information is extremely helpful. Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 11:46 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The inauguration of the VAL, scheduled for March 15th, seems to have been delayed. On the other hand, opening to the public would seem to be coming soon, as all ADP documents now have an opening scheduled for end of the first quarter, and ADP is now advertising the arrival of the VAL in its CDG terminals.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If you pass through CDG now, pick up a copy of the ADP magazine. They have a good writeup on the VAL.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 1:33 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
oh goodness, this thing seems never to be completed...

what's the status on S3, btw?
Old Mar 30, 2007, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by haggis79
oh goodness, this thing seems never to be completed...

what's the status on S3, btw?
Phased opening between June and November this year.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:45 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Silver, HHonors Silver
How is the phased opening of s3 supposed to happen? I'm flying SEA-CDG-TLV and return in July. Any chance of using s3?
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by jrlander
How is the phased opening of s3 supposed to happen? I'm flying SEA-CDG-TLV and return in July. Any chance of using s3?
I am afraid the information is not available at this time.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 7:25 am

Terminal 2F to 2E

I have travelled through CDG before, but it has been a few years. I am arriving from Milan at noon in 2F. I have a return flight to JFK at 1:15 PM out of terminal 2E. Both flights are on AF, and luggage is checked through. I will be in business class on the leg from Milan, so I should be able to board the first bus if we come into a remote location. Once we arrive at 2F, how do we get to 2E? Are the terminals close by? Is 75 minutes tight between these two terminals?

Thanks for the wonderful help provided on this site!!!^
Old Apr 11, 2007, 2:49 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by rlaakso
Is 75 minutes tight between these two terminals?

Thanks for the wonderful help provided on this site!!!^
75 minutes is indeed tight because of the hightened security checks for flights to the US. However, you most sureley will be met at the aircraft after landing at CDG with a complimentary shuttle for PAX heading to 2E. They'll drop you off right at the entrance of the 2E remote satellite where you'll go through security etc. This will take roughly 15 - 20 minutes, so your transfer time is fair enough.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 3:46 am

I got a question ladies and gentleman;

On July 14 I have a flight coming in from Nurnberg, Germany to CDG on Regional CAE at 2:45, then at 3:55 I have a flight from CDG to Houston, TX. Do you think I will be able to make that flight?

The flight from Nurnberg to CDG is Air France 5519
Operated by: REGIONAL CAE

The Flight from CDG to Houston is Air France 38

Also the Terminal that I arrive in CDG is 2E and the Terminal that I board for IAH is 2D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.