Community
Wiki Posts
Search

connecting in CDG - 2005

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2005, 7:54 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I am afraid you cannot use the arrivals lounge when arriving on a medium-haul flight from VCE. You should use the departures lounge in the isthmus building, which is next to the jetée, the building where part of the roof collapsed. It is to the left, after passport control and security, one level down. It is one of the best AF lounges and there are showers. If your flight to ATL leaves from the remote gates located in Satellite H, you could also use the lounge located there, but I have not been there yet, and it is most probably not as good as the main 2E lounge.

Regarding the connection from your arrival in 2F to departure 2E, it is simple enough. After leaving the baggage retrieval area, you just walk across, through the gallery, to the arrivals level in 2E (5mn) and take the elevator up to the departures level. No need to take a shuttle.

Enjoy your flight .
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:17 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I am afraid you cannot use the arrivals lounge when arriving on a medium-haul flight from VCE. You should use the departures lounge in the isthmus building, which is next to the jetée, the building where part of the roof collapsed. It is to the left, after passport control and security, one level down. It is one of the best AF lounges and there are showers. If your flight to ATL leaves from the remote gates located in Satellite H, you could also use the lounge located there, but I have not been there yet, and it is most probably not as good as the main 2E lounge.

Regarding the connection from your arrival in 2F to departure 2E, it is simple enough. After leaving the baggage retrieval area, you just walk across, through the gallery, to the arrivals level in 2E (5mn) and take the elevator up to the departures level. No need to take a shuttle.

Enjoy your flight .
Thank you very much. In that case, is 70 minutes enough connection time? I am assuming I will not need to pick up baggage as AF & DL should have an Interline agreement. I am also assuming you are talking about Lounge CDG2 E (Business) as shown on their website:

http://www.airfrance.us/cgi-bin/AF/U...cekedfnfdfol.0

Thanks,
Mike
Old Aug 23, 2005, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
gates at CDG2E

at CDG 2E - if your boarding gate is E72 - E78, you take the departure lounge in the 2E building, if your gate is E80 to E87, go to the bus, which will take you to the new commuter terminal. there is another lounge.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by milesandpoints
Thank you very much. In that case, is 70 minutes enough connection time? I am assuming I will not need to pick up baggage as AF & DL should have an Interline agreement. I am also assuming you are talking about Lounge CDG2 E (Business) as shown on their website:

http://www.airfrance.us/cgi-bin/AF/U...cekedfnfdfol.0

Thanks,
Mike
Right on all counts

chrissxb ,
Two questions :
1/ is the lounge in the remote satellite as good as the 2E lounge, and does it have showers ?
2/ if time is available, and in the case of boarding at gates E80-E87, can you nevertheless access the 2E lounge before going to the remote satellite ?

Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Right on all counts

chrissxb ,
Two questions :
1/ is the lounge in the remote satellite as good as the 2E lounge, and does it have showers ?
2/ if time is available, and in the case of boarding at gates E80-E87, can you nevertheless access the 2E lounge before going to the remote satellite ?

Thanks.
i wasn't in the satellite lounge since my flight left at E74. so i cannot answer this question. sorry.
but you should be able to use the 2E lounge without any problems before taking the bus to the satellite.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 5:16 pm
idi

Programs: FD,EC
Hi

I have a connection in CDG of 55 mins and I have to go from terminal 2D to 2C. (Arriving from CPH and connecting to LAX - all on AF). Does anyone know if thats doable? (Air France issued the ticket so they must think so - but I'm rather doubtful myself). The flights are in business class on October 13th.

Thanks for any advice!

idi
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You should be fine, idi. I do a similar trip quite often LYS-CDG-LAX and LYS is all the way over at 2F. Also, LAX generally leaves about 15-20 minutes late to take in all the connecting passengers.

However I never check bags so I can't say if checked luggage would make such a connection.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 4:21 am
idi

Thx a lot, stimpy!
Just to be sure I phoned AF and they assured me it would be no problem (she said they estimate a minimum of 45 mins for this type of connection).

regards
idi
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:55 pm

I had a similar connection time just about a week ago HEL-CDG-MIA and I barely made it (as the security & passport check queues were long) and my checked bag didn't make it (even though it was marked with a "short connection" label). The bag came one day later. Better be prepared for that...
Old Sep 9, 2005, 5:56 am
idi

snapX, could you describe how one gets from 2d to 2c (assuming that was the terminal changeyou made)? Also, regarding my bags, I almost hope they are delayed because I have 2 days vacation in LA when I get there and my credit card insurance allows me to shop for replacement clothes if I dont get my luggage within 6 hours :-) (I am due a new wardrobe as a matter of fact)

cheers and thx for the advice
idi
Old Sep 9, 2005, 11:06 am

I also went from 2D to 2C. This was the first time for me to transfer at CDG (as I usually fly KL through AMS but there wasn't direct ST flight available between AMS and MIA so I chose to try AF instead of KL).

The transfer was actually easier than I expected. It wasn't nice and easy like at AMS or other well designed terminals, but tolerable. The walkways are hot, narrow and crowded at some spots. It is kind of stupid that there isn't any isolated transfer walkway direct from airside to airside.

This should work for you:

- When you exit your first flight, follow transfer signs which have a symbol of two airplanes facing each other kind of sideways (or you can just follow the baggage claim / exit signs as well because they will take you to the same direction at this point).

- At some point you will start seeing references to terminal 2C in the transfer signs, just follow those, passing baggage claim on your way.

- There might be a spot or two where you don't see any signs with 2C for a while... don't worry, but just continue the same direction you were heading already.

- You will pass through some lower level walkway between the terminals (stairs at both ends) and will eventually reach 2C.

- There you will encounter check-in booths and will queue for passport & security checks. Look for the right entrance for your gate (check for gate changes at monitors as your departure gate might have changed during the time you were flying to CDG). If the queue is short and you still have some time left, this is the perfect time to go out of the terminal to have a smoke or to just try the French outside air.

- After passing the passport & security checks, you are already very close to your gate. I had some trouble locating mine (my gate had changed and the departures monitors were out of order) but I asked some staff for help and they steered me to the right gate.

- For my surprise the plane was not at the gate (even though it was a gate with a ramp). Instead there was a very hot bus which seemed to take ages circling around the airport to a very distant location where the plane was parked. Boy I was sweaty after that ride. Bring a towel if it is sunny in Paris .

That should be it...

PS. The food in Y on my AF CDG-MIA flight was excellent compared to anything I have been ever given on numerous KL long-haul flights in Y. It was actually tasty and recognizable. They also distributed little pouches which contained headphones, earplugs and eye-blockers. This was a nice touch. I might try AF again...
Old Sep 9, 2005, 4:03 pm
idi

snapX, thank you very much for that description. I think I will print it out and bring it with me as I haven't done a transfer at CDG before either (although I have had the good fortune of flying there on numerous visits to Paris). By coincidence I too usually use AMS - but since FB only had awards tickets on AF for my desired dates I'm going through CDG (but at least they had them :-) )

regards
idi
Old Sep 9, 2005, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
Originally Posted by snapX
- You will pass through some lower level walkway between the terminals (stairs at both ends) and will eventually reach 2C.
This lower level walkway is where you will find the rental car booths. If you somehow manage to get confused, you can always just head to the rental area and that's the connector between 2AC and 2BD.

There are a few shops down there as well.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:22 pm

I have a flight IAH-CDG which comes to 2C and have a flight CDG-BOM from 2A. The connection time in between is 1 hour. is it sufficient to go between. is there a place to get breakfast. i am on coach ticket.

thanks
Old Sep 16, 2005, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

there is a food court between 2A and 2C - very short walking distance. So 1 hour is more than enough. if you have status you could use the arrival lounge in 2C for breakfast, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.