Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick Question about Empower?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2007, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Quick Question about Empower?

hi there -

Tomorrow I'm flying AF business class from LAX - CDG on a 777-200 (vers 2). Seatguru tells me that they're Empower outlets, but I called AF and they said that no adapter whatsoever is required.

Anyone have any knowledge here? thanks.
Old May 25, 2007, 3:16 pm

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
You do not need an adapter. What flight are you on ? (I'm in the nwa lounge right now waiting for the 3:35PM flight (delayed to 4:20 PM) Today is May 25th...

The time of my post is wrong because the clock of my computer is not set to the same time zone than in my Flyertalk preferences.

In case we are on the same flight, I am assigned to seat 5A.
In the lounge right now, I'm right in front of the monitors displaying flight information. I have a yellow flyertalk tag attached to my laptop bag!

Last edited by fredsxb; May 25, 2007 at 3:22 pm
Old Aug 10, 2007, 8:11 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
So, you're saying that it's a standard AC outlet? Do you need an American or European plug?

I'd like to make sure so I don't needlessly drop a lot of coin on something I won't need. This is for a flight on a 777-200.

Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
Either European or American (2- or 3-prong) will fit. Not sure of the voltage, I think it is 110V.

I have had lots of trouble with these in the past. There seems to be some current limitation on them. My previous computer (Dell) would not work. The power would work for about 30 seconds, then stop.

Now I have a different computer (HP) which seems to work OK, if I remove the second battery.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:53 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Originally Posted by Tom Williams
Either European or American (2- or 3-prong) will fit. Not sure of the voltage, I think it is 110V.

I have had lots of trouble with these in the past. There seems to be some current limitation on them. My previous computer (Dell) would not work. The power would work for about 30 seconds, then stop.

Now I have a different computer (HP) which seems to work OK, if I remove the second battery.
Excellent, thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.