FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   The Plane to the Bus.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/587307-plane-bus.html)

orlandodlplat Aug 6, 2006 9:43 pm

The Plane to the Bus....

I'm on an AF flight from JFK-CDG 2C in a couple of weeks, and I have a fairly tight connection. How likely is it I'll be stuck on the tarmac, waiting for a bus?

Connection is in 2D. Is this difficult?

JOUY31 Aug 7, 2006 12:10 am

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
I'm on an AF flight from JFK-CDG 2C in a couple of weeks, and I have a fairly tight connection. How likely is it I'll be stuck on the tarmac, waiting for a bus?

Connection is in 2D. Is this difficult?

Some information is already available in the sticky. In order to give you a more detailed answer, we would need additional information such as time of arrival, length of your connection, final destination, even day of the week, which can impact your connection.

1. It is very likely that your flight from JFK will be parked at a remote stand, and that you will have a bus to go into the terminal. Since the demise of CDG 2E, fewer than 50% of flights have a jetway.

2. The steps for connecting to 2D are straightforward. You need to:
- clear immigration in 2C
- leave the baggage retrieval area in 2C
- walk to 2D (5mn to 10mn) either via the TGV station or by going down one level once you are in the food court area between 2A and 2C, crossing over to the other side (you will see all the car rental desks there), going back up one level into the food court area between 2D and 2B, and heading to 2D
- clear security at the gate in 2D

Enjoy your flights :)

PS as this thread relates to connections in CDG, which is the topic of one of the stickies, we will merge the two threads once this discussion has reached its conclusion. Thanks for your understanding.

G_G Aug 9, 2006 6:12 am

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
I'm on an AF flight from JFK-CDG 2C

When landing at CDG, sometimes, even during the taxiing, the terminal may change and you could arrive in 2A or 2D !!

JOUY31 Aug 9, 2006 8:51 am

True. But, when arriving at CDG, I have experienced a change in terminal only twice, over the last 7 years or so.

eFfeM Aug 9, 2006 8:55 am

missed my connection at CDG earlier this year due to the bus and the walking distance in CDG (had to go from 2D to 2F if I am not mistaken). When complaining with KLM later on that they were waiting for passengers from other (even earlier) flights, I was advised to approach AF staff immediately after disembarking and let them help me get a short-cut to immigrations/security.

canard Aug 9, 2006 9:13 am

Several of my recent JFK-CDG flights have arrived at actual gates in 2F, which has been very convenient. My last JFK-CDG was announced to arrive at 2F, and then upon taxi, parked at a remote stand where we waited 40 minutes for the busses to show up. :td: Thank god I wasn't connecting -- I'm sure there were many who missed their flights that day.

G_G Aug 9, 2006 10:05 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
True. But, when arriving at CDG, I have experienced a change in terminal only twice, over the last 7 years or so.

You're lucky !! for me it happened three times since january

Pauillac Aug 9, 2006 10:06 am

I fly regularly BOD-CDG and then connect to an international flight. Since more than a year BOD flight are supposed to arrive in terminal 2F but almost one time out of 2 we have a last minute gate change and arrive in 2D. For me it has alsways been a good news as I would connect to 2C most of the time.

JOUY31 Aug 9, 2006 10:08 am

Originally Posted by G_G
You're lucky !! for me it happened three times since january

I do hope that, whatever gods exist, they go on looking after me ;)

fly33 Aug 9, 2006 10:18 am

Too optimistic ?

I do hope that, whatever gods exist, they go on looking after me ;)

Nice to see people allways optimistic about an airline . Jouy31 do you really fly on AF or you work for them ?

JOUY31 Aug 9, 2006 10:21 am

Originally Posted by fly33
Nice to see people allways optimistic about an airline . Jouy31 do you really fly on AF or you work for them ?

mmm ... You already asked the same question. Although there is no requirement to address issues of a personal nature, your question was answered, in detail.

fly33 Aug 9, 2006 10:30 am

re

mmm ... You already asked the same question. Although there is no requirement to address issues of a personal nature, your question was answered, in detail.

right mate got the answer ! Wondering ,chill out ! according to your posts AF is 100% perfect .Is this a free passenger forum ?

JOUY31 Aug 9, 2006 10:39 am

according to your posts AF is 100% perfect.

Not true.

Is this a free passenger forum ?
Yes, within the limits of the TOS.

This discussion is definitely moving off topic. Such issues are better addressed by PM (private messaging, a feature of this board). Thanks for your understanding.

fly33 Aug 9, 2006 10:52 am

re

Not true.

Yes, within the limits of the TOS.

This discussion is definitely moving off topic. Such issues are better addressed by PM (private messaging, a feature of this board). Thanks for your understanding.

I do apologize mate, did not want to offend you , sorry again, have been too curious.

G_G Aug 9, 2006 10:57 am

The arrival terminal depends on ADP (Aéroport de Paris) and not on AF.
Af is the first victim of this.
Last thursday I had a tight connection from 2F(non schengen area) to 2F(schengen area) and I finally arrived to 2D instead of 2F and had to rush !!!