The Plane to the Bus....

Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Wow, this thread has gone WAY off topic. I really have a pretty simple question.

Is AF less likely to get banished to a bus gate than DL? Seemed to me during my last trip that the ADP and AF people basically treat DL and its passengers like second class citizens, and they get the worst of everything.

Because I'm actually flying AF metal this time, do I have a greater chance of better airport customer service (like an actual gate)?
Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by G_G
The arrival terminal depends on ADP (Aéroport de Paris) and not on AF.
Af is the first victim of this.
Last thursday I had a tight connection from 2F(non schengen area) to 2F(schengen area) and I finally arrived to 2D instead of 2F and had to rush !!!
I agree, I blame ADP at CDG not AF. I am happy flying AF even if I meet some troubles from time to time. Those problems are always caused by the staff on the floor not by the crew. Is AF a good company, I think so, is it one of the best, surely not
Old Aug 9, 2006, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by G_G
The arrival terminal depends on ADP (Aéroport de Paris) and not on AF.
Af is the first victim of this.

Really??? I suppose that's also why AF is in the really bad terminal whereas the others are in the super-nice terminal...
Old Aug 9, 2006, 2:37 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Gate

With a recent DL connection I had a proper gate at CDG both ways. With a recent AF connection...the bus, both ways.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Zembla
With a recent DL connection I had a proper gate at CDG both ways. With a recent AF connection...the bus, both ways.
Is ADP upset with AF
Old Aug 9, 2006, 2:53 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Zembla
Sorry. Just realize I'm not very precise. I'm talking about the intercontinental leg. Fly AMS-CDG regularly. European leg no problem.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 2:56 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by SpiderBen
Is ADP upset with AF
An AF steward told me that British Airways flights have priority at LHR but that wasn't the same for AF in CDG, even opposite.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by fly33
Jouy31 do you really fly on AF or you work for them ?

he did fly alot BA recently IIRC
Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:34 am

Programs: BA silver, FB silver, LH Sen
Originally Posted by JOUY31
mmm ... You already asked the same question. Although there is no requirement to address issues of a personal nature, your question was answered, in detail.
Well Jouy31, like other readers, I have little doubt that you are working for (or sponsored by) AF. Your posts are very interesting as you call attention to new updates on AF websites. But your travel experiences lack credibility as they totally contradict what all other FTs experience. Agreed, you find AF only 95% perfect (not 100%), but airline representatives on other airline forums do not try to disguise as FT.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by doudou
Well Jouy31, like other readers, I have little doubt that you are working for (or sponsored by) AF. Your posts are very interesting as you call attention to new updates on AF websites. But your travel experiences lack credibility as they totally contradict what all other FTs experience. Agreed, you find AF only 95% perfect (not 100%), but airline representatives on other airline forums do not try to disguise as FT.
FWIW - jouy31 is not working for AirFrance. I am in relation with AF management, he is not. and now back to FlyerTalk

edited to add: for personal issues I suggest the use of private messages.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:24 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by doudou
This is quite enough. As you have been advised, personal attacks are against the TOS. As to the substance of my status, it has been spelled out in detail and I am personally known to several FTers.

Last edited by JOUY31; Aug 14, 2006 at 12:59 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.