FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Very kind attendant this morning... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/507227-very-kind-attendant-morning.html)

pinkcity Dec 24, 2005 3:48 am

Very kind attendant this morning...

Was in a flight TLS-CDG ; thanks to Santa, I got a new camera and was looking to some settings ; upon arrival to CDG, the attendant saw a nice rising sun on the right part of the aircraft, I was on the left, belt fasten, due to some turbulences and descent ; without any demand of my part, she went to see the captain to ask if she could change my seat despite the fasten signal, get back to take me nearly b y the hand to drive me to an unused row on the right of the plane, to enable me to make nice pictures... She asked me upon exit how were they...

If she reads these lines, she will recognize herself ; thanks, Merry Christmas and happy new year to her...

jlillberto Dec 26, 2005 9:12 pm

Thank you so very much for posting something positive. I get depressed reading all the complaints (although many justified).

farci Dec 27, 2005 12:50 am

Praise where it's due

Originally Posted by jlillberto
Thank you so very much for posting something positive. I get depressed reading all the complaints (although many justified).

I agree with this and, just as I will complain when there's a foul-up, I always request a comments form from the purser to praise individual good service.

Would it not be good PR though if the airline confirmed that the crew member concerned had received that recognition? In twenty years of serious flying I have never heard if my comments made it back to its intended target

Irelandflyer Dec 27, 2005 4:18 am

Agree totally, its very important give positive feedback.

Had a particularly fantastic AF attendant on a flight from BCN to CDG last month, and she was about the only positive part of the AF experience on that occasion.

This may sound very "right on" but staff are any company's biggest asset. If they're treated as such it shows!

Unfortunately, the DUB CDG route is operated by a company called cityjet. Irish or Spanish crew, limited interest in customer service even for FTs.

Probably worse though, when the Irish crew make the safety announcements in French, or the spanish try either french or english, they're utterly unintelligable

Falco Peregrinus Dec 28, 2005 11:07 am

3 weeks ago, I missed the machine-CI deadline by 5 min for my flight to HAJ departing from CDG2D. I rushed to the AF 2D lounge where a lounge angel (no lounge dragon at that time) let me in (with no BP, just showing my FB card) and immediately took me in charge. She quickly called the boarding gate to enquire about my chances of making it. It was a little bit too late but she tried hard to find out alternative flights during 15 min. ^ ^ ^

Aviatrix Dec 28, 2005 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Irelandflyer
Probably worse though, when the Irish crew make the safety announcements in French, or the spanish try either french or english, they're utterly unintelligable

And I thought it was only Ryanair that did that...

Airfrancefan Dec 28, 2005 2:05 pm

back in February the purser of AF 304 let me sit in 6A on the OTC 777 so i could make pics and he asked the pilots if i could visit them in flight