Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN - CDG 777-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Question SIN - CDG 777-300ER

Pardon my ignorant question. I am flying SIN-PAR on Air France and am wondering if it's worth it to travel business. The plans is a BOEING 777-300ER. I know that the extent to which business class seats are better varries A LOT by the type of plane. Am wondering what seats they would have on this type of plane-- would it be ones that are fairly similar to the coach only with a bit more padding and more leg room, or would these be the virtually flat one that allow you to sleep well.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 8:12 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
777-300 is equipt with the new biz seats with almost lie flat beds. They are various threads on those new seats some don't like them some like them much more. Personally I find it a major improvement and for a long flight to SIN a very good product.

On those planes there is a huge difference between coach and biz
Old Oct 24, 2005, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adrien
777-300 is equipt with the new biz seats with almost lie flat beds. They are various threads on those new seats some don't like them some like them much more. Personally I find it a major improvement and for a long flight to SIN a very good product.

On those planes there is a huge difference between coach and biz
Thanks for the very quick and informative reply. Much appreciated!
Old Oct 24, 2005, 5:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold, Skywards Silver, Tesco Clubcard Blue
Whilst we're on the topic of seat on the 77W, what seats would you recommend for a single traveller in ECONOMY? I'm provisionally booked in 10A. Any good?
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:47 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life
10A on a 77W on AF is biz seat. Are you talking about a KLM Metal?
if you have an economy ticket with a confirm 10A seat on AF then you are very lucky
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by dkay
Whilst we're on the topic of seat on the 77W, what seats would you recommend for a single traveller in ECONOMY? I'm provisionally booked in 10A. Any good?
10A is in J on the AF B77W. For economy, best seats in the house are 18A/L, but they are only released at the airport, and are as such not available for preseating, even for elite FB members.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 8:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver Elite (AF), Eurobonus (SK), Asia Miles (CX)
Last time I flew with the 77W I noticed that seats 19C/J looked quite nice. I think they can be pre-assigned to elites.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold, Skywards Silver, Tesco Clubcard Blue
Oops!

Apologies! I meant 19A.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Question and for a business class seat?

Thank you for open the thread: I need an advice for a business seat (77W).
I was thinking about 4K and 4L in the first business cabin, just behind first class cabin. Or do you think the main business cabin is better?
Old Oct 28, 2005, 12:38 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Post Experience...

I've experienced 4A and 4K this year and found the front cabin quite nice. Yet I've 2 objections:
  • the crew never closed the galley curtain between the J minicabin (rows 3 and 4) and the J galley (located between rows 4 and 5). It was quite surprising for such long flights. However, the curtains at the entry of the 2nd J cabin (row 5) were closed al the time.
  • there is a little bit of traffic between the J galley and the F cabin, especially if F is full. You know, those F PAX deserve special attention... I don't remember exactly but I suppose there is no F galley at the very front of the B777-300 ER... could the 'local traffic' be explained by the fact that the J galley is also an F galley? (for food preparation only. F PAX must have their own bar up front and don't need to share their Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs brut millésimé with the guys from rows 3 and 4. )
Overall, for more quietness, I would be tempted to give a try to the middle of the second cabin, rows 8 or 9, especially if J is far from being full.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 4:34 am

Thank you so much Falco for your experienced advice. It will be my first experience with the new "horrible" J seat, so I want to have a good one!

However, ave your tried to close the curtain just behind you?
BTW, 4KL are the last "double" seats dispo on this flight.

Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
F PAX must have their own bar up front and don't need to share their Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs brut millésimé with the guys from rows 3 and 4. )
Oh, I will re-examine the possibility of burning some miles for upgrade my D-ticket. If only it was possible... Have you ever experienced ?

PS: I always thougt that the ultimate luxury was "fly in first, and drink badoit!"
So, if they need a volunter to finish the taittinger bottle before landing, row 4 is a strategic position!
Old Oct 29, 2005, 11:35 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 11:40 am
Old Oct 29, 2005, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by vinnmann
How about the F seats on the 777-300ER? Are there any good pictures of the cabin anywhere.
seats 1A and 2A:

http://www.myaviation.net/search/pho...hp?id=00231576

and the F cabin:
http://www.myaviation.net/search/pho...hp?id=00231577
courtesy of "icham"

have a very good flight...
Old Oct 30, 2005, 6:19 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 11:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.