Wiki Posts
Search

AF : Delayed luggage compensation?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2005, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Angry Delayed luggage compensation?

A lady friend flew back to the UK from Chicago via CDG on Tuesday 4th October and arrived at destination minus her luggage. The first piece was only delivered on Friday 7th and the second on Sunday 9th.
I find this absolutely scandalous and would like to ask the forum for suggestions of compensation if the word still exists in airline language. Any thanks in advance.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
hmmm - much more difficult to get compensation on the return journey than the outbound, as the perceived inconvenience is less. I would be tempted to write to FB/AF, explaining the situation, and how disappointed your friend was by the experience.... they may give some good will miles. If she had any out of pocket expenses, include the receipts, but much less likely to get these back, unless she can produce a case as to why she had to buy things in her house...
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:22 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
If your lady friend bought her ticket with her KLM AMEX then the will we compensated for sure, but I am not familiar with other situations.
Check www.americanexpress.nl

Greetings,

Gajan
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:07 pm

When I talked to AF while in Copenhagen, I was told I was allowed 200E to buy things..maybe a bit more. My bag didn't catch up with me until Saturday..got home Thursday. I'll send receipts in this week and see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.