Missed connection

Old Oct 8, 05, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB
Missed connection

Dear all,
We travel about 4 times a year to HNL from CDG on AF-issued tickets. Obviously we have to connect either in ATL, SFO, or ATL, and board a DL, CO, or God-forbid NW, flight for the final leg.

Last summer the AF flight to ATL was so late we missed our connection and no seats were available to continue our journey on the same day. We hounded out an AF representative hiding away in a dark little corner of ATL airport who promptly delivered us into the hands of a Delta agent who gave us a hotel & meal voucher at the (ghastly, to-be-avoided-at-all-costs) airport Holiday Inn and booked us on a Delta flight the following morning (via SLC, quite a trip).

My wife is FBGold, I am Silver. Was this normal? After all, we arrived a day late in Paradise and we only got this because we complained bitterly--otherwise we would have been left to our own devices.

This may happen again and I would like to be well prepared. Thanks for your input.
Old Oct 8, 05, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it is normal. Standard industry practice.
Old Oct 8, 05, 4:46 am

It seems to me that by and large they did the best they could. They rebooked you on the next available flight, and they put you up in a hotel at their expense. Realistically there isn't really a lot else they could have done.

It may be worth writing to them and complaining about the inconvenience, though... if nothing else you may get some miles added to your account!
Old Oct 8, 05, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB
Thxs

Many thanks. I know what to expect now.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: