Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A rare email from AF, about Womens Rights?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2005, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
A rare email from AF, about Womens Rights?

So I get an email from AF yesterday. I never get email from AF about bonuses or flight news or any of the things I would like to hear about. But I get this. http://home.edt02.net/emc/emchV4c/?c...-26171-1-78231

Now I think a forum for Women is great and all that, but why do the poor women have to pay €2700 to attend this conference? And why is AF shilling for them and sending us emails?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 2:47 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Because they have signed a nice fat juicy contract to pimp that convention to people like us.

UTA
Old Sep 22, 2005, 3:07 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Actually, it seems AF is providing support (not the reverse), as strategic partner, to this initiative, along with Accenture, Alcoa, Cartier, EADS, PriceWaterhouseCoopers and Sanofi Aventis, just as it supports humanitarian programs through the AF Foundation. AF est une entreprise citoyenne
Old Sep 22, 2005, 3:56 am

Programs: KLM-FB Gold, PriorityClub Platinum Amb.
GEACHTE HEER EENDRACHT,

We are pleased to inform you, as a member of Flying Blue Platinum, of the first meeting
of the "WOMEN'S FORUM FOR THE ECONOMY AND SOCIETY"which will be held
from 13 to 15 October 2005 in DEAUVILLE.
Is it too difficult to send a targetted email to all female FB'ers only?

And... when woman pay EUR 2700, can they bring a man for free? The opposite of a lot of night clubs?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
So I get an email from AF yesterday.
I got it too. The first and only one from AF so far. Or FB for that matter. I'm still waiting for my first miles statement as well as for replies to my e-mails and letter. To think that we used to whinge about the FD helpdesk!

Originally Posted by Eendracht
can they bring a man for free? The opposite of a lot of night clubs?
I my egalitarian country of residence this is considered discriminatory, and is therefore illegal. For good measure, our hairdressers have been told they may not charge male and female customers different prices. Makes you wonder how they will ever scrape together the money to attend that conference.

Johan
Old Sep 22, 2005, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, what do you know, I just received an e-mail from . . . . no, not FB, but KLM Customer Care Nordic Platinum:

"Vi känner till problemen med att kontakta Flying Blue och vill meddela att allt görs för att kunna förbättra kundservicen". We are aware of the problems, and would like you to know that everything possible is being done to improve matters.

They then politely inquire whether my problems have been resolved. If not, I should contact FB again! That must be the most helpful advice I have been given in ages

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.