Lucky me! Upgraded to L'Espace Premiere

Old Sep 12, 05, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Smile Lucky me! Upgraded to Espace Premiere

I flew AF from LAX to CDG on July 30 and back from CDG to LAX on Aug 14 with a business class ticket (the cheap one for $2500 return).

On both occasions, I was bumped to L'Espace Premiere. Very nice indeed.

Each time, the upgrade occurred when I boarded. The system would not recognize my boarding pass and that's when the attendant gave me a new boarding pass with a Premiere seat.

I don't know why I got upgraded. All I can say is:

1) I was travelling alone (a lot of people in biz were travelling in groups or families);
2) I am a Silver FB member (not that it counts but I guess this was not my first flight on AF);
3) The flights were ABSOLUTELY packed!

So, upgrade to Espace Premiere do happen but, granted, they are VERY VERY rare on AF.

Have a great day all,

Michael.
Old Sep 12, 05, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Gold, QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Congrats.

During the summer months, AF has relatively no traffice in First and Business but completely oversold in Economy. From what I can observe, they normally bump the few paying business passengers to first, and then bump their elite economy passengers to business. It is however dangerous to become accustomed to this in the summer - because it doesn't always happen !!!
Old Sep 12, 05, 1:48 pm

Programs: FB Plat, DL, AA, UA, US, NW
Code:
mikeparis75]I flew AF from LAX to CDG on July 30 and back from CDG to LAX on Aug 14 with a business class ticket (the cheap one for $2500 return).
I flew on the same day, on the same route (only reversed, CDG/LAX) on the same ticket and was also upgraded to premiere. My two sons were also upgraded from economy to business. We too were also given the upgrades at the gate.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: