Wiki Posts
Search

Best seats on AF A318 and AF A320 in Economy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Sky Miles, LH miles&more
Best seats on AF A318 and AF A320 in Economy

I will be flying AF Eco TXL-CDG-MIA-CDG-TXL this autumn. I already reserved seats for the transatlantic flight.
I would like to know which the best seats in AF Eco on A318 and A320 are. I am 186cm tall so a little extra legroom would be great ;-)
Is there more legroom in the exit rows? How is the last row on the A320 with the 2-2 config?
I am, as usual, grateful for any advice :-)
Old Sep 12, 2005, 2:18 pm

Programs: SAS
I´m 189 myself , and I´ve been OK with the standard seats on the 318 as well as the 320. Not much room to spare, but it will do. But I think the exit row on the 318 is row 9.
But if you really want legroom, try to get the exit row 9 on an A321 on day . There must be at least 2m´s !!

Last edited by cph_flyer; Sep 12, 2005 at 11:30 pm
Old Sep 12, 2005, 2:33 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Unless you're flying on (expensive) eco tickets (fully refundable in Y on transatlantic segments and in S on intra european segments, B code would work as well but is still exensive), you won't be able to catch the exit rows as they will be in the Tempo Challenge (middle) section of the aircraft. On A321, the first one might even "belong" to the business class section if they need 9 or 10 rows for business class (about 40 passengers). They adjust the position of the curtain depending on the load of the 3 classes (C, S and Tempo).

Edited to add:

Originally Posted by cph_flyer
I´m 189 myself
Originally Posted by Sören
I am 186cm tall
I'm 192 myself . I think there is a note in my personal file but that doesn't help...

Last edited by Falco Peregrinus; Sep 12, 2005 at 2:42 pm
Old Sep 12, 2005, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Sky Miles, LH miles&more
Last year I sat in row 7 on the 318, even though I booked a highly discounted fare. The legroom was okay, but in an exit row I guess it would be better ;-)
I'll just have to wait and see what seat I get :-D
merci @Falco Peregrinus
tak @cph_flyer
Old Sep 13, 2005, 6:55 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Sören
I will be flying AF Eco TXL-CDG-MIA-CDG-TXL this autumn. I already reserved seats for the transatlantic flight.
I would like to know which the best seats in AF Eco on A318 and A320 are. I am 186cm tall so a little extra legroom would be great ;-)
Is there more legroom in the exit rows? How is the last row on the A320 with the 2-2 config?
I am, as usual, grateful for any advice :-)
A319 : avoid row 9, ie ABC DEF, because the exit door on the wing is on row 10; These seats have NO recline.
However row 10 is brilliant : more legroom and full recline, but no moveable
armrests.
I heard last row has limited recline

A320 : 2 exit doors this time, so avoid rows 10 and 11 for the same reasons as stated above. Row 12 is great, like row 10 in the A319

Don't know about the 318 nor 321.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.