FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   ORY lounge : Patio (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/470795-ory-lounge-patio.html)

fredsxb Sep 8, 2005 4:05 pm

ORY lounge : Patio

Is it possible to access the patio in ORY when on a domestic flight?

Nothing is specified in the lounge access rules on the AF website when it comes to patios.

JOUY31 Sep 8, 2005 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by fredsxb
Is it possible to access the patio in ORY when on a domestic flight?

Nothing is specified in the lounge access rules on the AF website when it comes to patios.

Well, regarding rules, you are entitled to access to the Patio. You just need to be departing from Hall 1, otherwise it is not possible, as it is located airside in Hall 1. There should be a lounge in Hall 2 after its renovation is completed, and there seems to be, although I have not used it yet, a departures lounge in Hall 3.

fredsxb Sep 8, 2005 4:34 pm

Thanks for your prompt answer...

I'm flying ORY-RUN next month, which lounge would be more practical for me ? The one located in Hall 2 or 3?

Thanks again,

pascalgr Sep 9, 2005 2:16 pm

You need to use lounge in hall 3 after police control on first floor and FB Gold or over or fly Business; it is a nice lounge with Internet working which is rare!

Falco Peregrinus Sep 9, 2005 2:41 pm

Nice but small lounge. Can be crowded in the early morning, but it shouldn't be a problem at 21:00 (AF680). I wonder how many Golds and Plats there are in RUN. Very long distance from Paris (= more elites) but plenty of holiday traffic on the now famous L fares (= less elites).

fredsxb Sep 9, 2005 3:45 pm

I'll try the lounge in Hall 3.

As for the amount of elites in RUN, as far as a friend of mine told me, there are tons... (They do have a higher elite threshold than us in living in the mainland though).

Many people in RUN hold an American Express KLM Gold card + they go back to mainland often... As a consequence, more and more businesses are accepting the American Express card!

I'm flying Alizé to RUN... Read it was about the same than regular economy; economy class in flights to the indian ocean or the west indies being very inferior to economy class on other routes... Any comments?

Falco Peregrinus Sep 9, 2005 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by fredsxb
I'm flying Alizé to RUN... Read it was about the same than regular economy; economy class in flights to the indian ocean or the west indies being very inferior to economy class on other routes... Any comments?

I have been in Alizé once (upgraded from Frequence Plus Bleu :) between ORY and RUN). I did the inbound segment (RUN-ORY) in coach and I really saw the difference. With the new configuration of COI B747, Alizé is on the upper deck cabin only, a very nice place. Now the big difference between Alizé and standard coach is food. COI coach food has nothing to do with AF's international coach food, which people often find quite good, according to this site.

Alizé will get you the 50% level miles bonus (same as l'Espace Affaires ^ ) so for those who need a (not so) cheap mileage run, the week in RUN at the end of the year (summertime in RUN) could be a nice way to get plenty of miles (5,821x3 with the COS bonus). They even used to have special "double your miles" offers in May (46,568 miles for Platinums in Alize! ! ! :p ) but I haven't seen them this year. I suppose this route is doing well, after the bankruptcy of Air Bourbon :( )

AF680 Sep 10, 2005 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
I wonder how many Golds and Plats there are in RUN.

Yes, I'm here!

First time on this board, and I'm sorry with my english so bad...

As said by my username, I'm a frequent flyer of AF 680 (and 679 fortunately ! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newre...ply&p=4575475#)

The lounge in orly hall 3 is OK, but no showers and no toilets in the lounge. The bad deal in Orly is thats there's not arrival lounge, and RUN-ORY is a 11 hours flight overnight. For my last flight from RUN, I have spent three hours in patio lounge waiting for my connecting flight (SXB!!!).

The new configured B744 for COI flights are very very big improvement, no more 742 on this flights. (no more 742 on AF fleet's).

fredsxb Sep 10, 2005 8:16 am

How good is the Air France lounge in RUN?

AF680 Sep 10, 2005 9:25 am

The Air France lounge in RUN is very very small (of course, only one flight a day...) If there's a lot of passengers on AF 679, the lounge is very crowded, if the flight is empty, of course, the lounge is quiet!
one shower i think, toilets, coffe maker, drinks and a few snacks...and internet, when working!... I don't spend many hours in lounge in RUN because I go to the airport just at time to board.
In july I was on MRU-CDG flight, very beautiful lounge in MRU, especially the First lounge downstairs (and very tasty Pommerol...), business lounge is located upstairs (and "just" Pauillac to drink..... :) )

Richelieu Sep 10, 2005 7:01 pm

Beware, the lounge in RUN can be very crowded due to the high number of elite pax, and it's only open two hours before boarding, so if you're at the airport early, you'll have to wait...

SkyTeam777 Nov 27, 2005 5:16 pm

Any details on the Salon Icare in Orly and access when traveling on domestic flights? I have a Priority Pass card and was wondering about access on domestic travel.

Thanks!

chrissxb Nov 27, 2005 5:34 pm

IIRC the priority pass loung is in the Orly South terminal, AF is operating the Orly West Terminal... so sorry. won't work. there is a patio in domestic area and a regular lounge in international departure area.
for access, you have to be Skyteam E+ or travelling biz/tempo challenge.

Indianocean Nov 28, 2005 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
I have been in Alizé once (upgraded from Frequence Plus Bleu :) between ORY and RUN). I did the inbound segment (RUN-ORY) in coach and I really saw the difference. With the new configuration of COI B747, Alizé is on the upper deck cabin only, a very nice place. Now the big difference between Alizé and standard coach is food. COI coach food has nothing to do with AF's international coach food, which people often find quite good, according to this site.

Alizé will get you the 50% level miles bonus (same as l'Espace Affaires ^ ) so for those who need a (not so) cheap mileage run, the week in RUN at the end of the year (summertime in RUN) could be a nice way to get plenty of miles (5,821x3 with the COS bonus). They even used to have special "double your miles" offers in May (46,568 miles for Platinums in Alize! ! ! :p ) but I haven't seen them this year. I suppose this route is doing well, after the bankruptcy of Air Bourbon :( )

May I add that besides the food and the mileage, the seat pitch in Alize is a little bit better and that each seat is equipped with PTV. Of course, it's not Biz Class but some comfort might help to have a good journey. :p

AF680 Nov 28, 2005 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Indianocean
May I add that besides the food and the mileage, the seat pitch in Alize is a little bit better and that each seat is equipped with PTV. Of course, it's not Biz Class but some comfort might help to have a good journey. :p

I think it's time to open a thread about alizé class...

I'm agree whith the extra pitch, the PTV, the "very nice place" (upperdeck), BUT DON'T FORGET that with the refurbishing of B744, these seats are sold as coach on others destinations (non COI) like GIG, YUL and LAX (when operated by 744), PPT, MRU...

I think this is a VERY positive point for AF coach when the flight is operated by B 744.

Do you know why alizé is not sold on MRU flights? It is very strange for me, but I assume it's because AF sell first class on this flights (only on MK operated flights, and not a real "premičre" product, just first ;) falco!!!) and AF computers cannot sell 4 class of service for one destination...