Community
Wiki Posts
Search

L'Espace Premiere--What To Expect

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2005, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by mhbaker
A recent flight from IAD to CDG found pretty standard airline food in first class. On the return flight from CDG to ATL, the quality of food was substantially improved. I attribute the difference to U.S. catering vs. French catering. I agree that overall, the first class experience on AF is quite good.
My experience is similar. The quality of the meal is substantially better ex CDG than IAD. I haven't found this true for BA and LH whose offerings seem to be roughly equal in both directions. Note that I have not flown BA during the recent Gate Gourmet strike!
Old Sep 22, 2005, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
This whole discussion is simple lunacy. AF F product is one of the best in the sky - and to say they offer the same food as in C I think reflects the fact that the poster probably hasnt flown AF - anyone who has knows how silly that statement is.

Last edited by Braniff; Sep 23, 2005 at 3:16 am
Old Sep 23, 2005, 2:47 am

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum, Emirates Gold, Flying Blue Gold
I have to say that my two last AF long haul flights (MEX and DEL) in J have ended with me being violently ill some 8 hours after eating their meals. Both flights were inbound to CDG sectors. I suspect that plating food at the destination can produce poor hygiene. AF deny the problem lies with them, so they tell me.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Braniff
This whole discussion is simple lunacy. AF F product is one of the best in the sky - and to say they offer the same food as in C I think reflects the fact that the poster probably hasnt flown AF - anyone who has knows how silly that statement is. And that it compares unfavorably to KL must mean that he's a Dutch nationalist and not much affected by the cuisine.
I was talking about AF First to CO Business-First. I didn't say anything about KL at all. Come to think of it ,I don't think I'v flown KL. I'm not Dutch , but I feel bad for the poor people that are on this site that you just drug thew the mud , becouse you are so in love with AF.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 5:55 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
As a Dutch nationalist may I add that I have always found the food on AF (C class mostly) excellent, and actually better than KL's food. Unfortunately, however, the rest of AF's long-haul C-class product is inferior to KL's product. Worse lounges, worse hub, worse service, worse IFE, worse newspaper / magazine selection. All IMHO, of course.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 6:08 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Well, I've never flown KL (yet) as I prefer direct flights (I even fly BA from LHR or LH from FRA instead of connecting through CDG ) to going through AMS, where I currently have no business.

I am quite satisfied with AF's long-haul J and P class products, even if I prefer the CX products. Although AF's medium-haul C class product is not as good as in the past, I still prefer it to the LH product, while I would enjoy having the combined strong points of the medium-haul C class products of AF and BA.

The departures lounges are OK, the CDG2E one is good; the arrivals lounge is fine. As to the newspaper and magazine selection, it is quite better (at least in CDG) than the LH and BA offering and wider in scope, IMHO. Inflight service can be exquisite and charming and IFE is OK, except for the older 747s. As for the hub, it has good points and bad points, without any clear superiority of any of the three major European hubs I go through, CDG, LHR or FRA. This is also true of the FFP.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Braniff
This whole discussion is simple lunacy. AF F product is one of the best in the sky - and to say they offer the same food as in C I think reflects the fact that the poster probably hasnt flown AF - anyone who has knows how silly that statement is.
I concur. AF F service is very good however, the OP is correct in that the J cabin has on offer the same entrees as F. The F menu will always have one additional entree item more than the J menu. There is also an an extra choice of starters. All of the courses are pre plated and warmed up onboard. On one trip I just did not like the fish that I had (it was too rich for my palate) and the FA said he would gladly get the chicken for me but he would have to run back to the business class galley. When he returned with the chicken I asked if this was a business class entree and he assured me that "the F and J meals are identical with F having the one extra choice." The service in F is more refined with a better wine/champagne list. I know this as I fly LAX-CDG several times a year in F and I am an avid collector of menus. I always ask the FA for the Business and Tempo menus. The Busines menu has one less choice of an entree but mirrors the F menu word for word.

I have no problem with the pre plating as most of the meals are quite good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.