Wiki Posts
Search

AF : Connecting on two tix

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Connecting on two tix

Wonder if I can throw out a question for some Air France experts:

I'm connecting from an Air China regional flight to an Air France ticket to CDG on Aug 23; 13:15, wondering how concerned I should be about missing the connection. If I miss it, will I be rebooked on AF or will this be a problem?

I should have at least 3 or 4 hours to make the connection, so it should be no problem, but if there is weather...

Any help is appreciated!
Old Aug 15, 2005, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

To provide more info:
I can't seem to pull availability on any later flights on Aug 23 (no other flights?) and on Aug 24 I see:

10:25 P7 F7 J9 C9 D9 I9 Z0 Y0 B0 K0 H0 T0 V0 L0 N0 U0
10:45 P5 F5 J9 C9 D9 I9 Z9 Y0 B0 K0 H0 T0 V0 L0 N0

And I am in communist class (L), final destination is LHR.

Should I connect in PEK on the 22nd to ensure that I get on my flight? Would they rebook on a partner?

Best,
Old Aug 16, 2005, 5:01 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
As you are on two separate tickets, I am afraid AF would not rebook you on ANY flight, AF or another carrier, if you miss your scheduled flight. You are flying on a L fare, which has the most stringent fare rules. If you believe you might not make the connection, you should definitely plan on arriving earlier.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 5:17 am

Programs: SK-EBD/*A Gold, BA Gold/OW Emerald, HH Gold, ChoiceHotels Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Plat,
Originally Posted by JOUY31
As you are on two separate tickets, I am afraid AF would not rebook you on ANY flight, AF or another carrier, if you miss your scheduled flight. You are flying on a L fare, which has the most stringent fare rules. If you believe you might not make the connection, you should definitely plan on arriving earlier.

This is (amongst other things) what travel insurance is for. Plan a min of 60 mins connection (some ins companies require 120 mins - check up what yours says), and if there is a cock-up, the insurance will take care of rebookings/reroutings etc.

Good luck, and happy flying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.