Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France Business Class within Europe

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I personally prefer aisle seats. The best legroom would be in seat 2D, followed by 1C, which is not as good. Both also allow me to disembark quickly and have a nice chat with the pleasant AF personnel navigant commercial .
Agree 100%. Had 2D the day before yesterday on a not very full LHR-CDG flight. I still think AF provides the best short-haul business class seat on those airlines which "convert" Economy seating to form their business cabin. However, the "meal" was awful. Much, much worse than an AF short-haul Economy Class meal of, say, five years ago. The catering seems to go down and down. Plastic took over first the cutlery, then the plates, and then the cups and glasses. Now it seems to be taking over the food itself. One very dry piece of pitta bread with some filling, a bit of smoked salmon which had fallen off its bread, a tiny ball of something cheesy, and two half-inch "cakes" which had fallen out of their wrapping on top of the salmon. It all tasted cheap and articifial. The whole lot can't have been worth more than two euros. It all seems to have happened so recently. I could still defend AF short-haul catering against critics a year ago. Now it is almost a disgrace.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:58 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
AZ C Class is the Best!

I've taken loads of AZ flights lately and many in C class. On the A320's from ATH-MXP, it was new, clean, and C class configured just like US carriers, 2-2. Food was excellent and the staff couldn't have been more friendly. On MD80's that are NOT for travel within Italy, the seating is just like an AA MD80 with 2-2 seating in C and 2-3 seating in Y. Yes, the planes are a little worn, but the interiours of every aircraft were immaculate. Service was great and the food was impeccably presented and served. I have found the AZ flight attendants to be MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH more friendly and attentive than the AF and KL crew. I've never had a late flight (in fact, every single one has been early out of 14 segments so far) and while the MD80s have no IFE (the A320s do), I think my iPod can keep me company for a 2 hour trip to somewhere in Europe. I have made AZ my Skyteam airline of choice for intra-Europe flights.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:34 am

AZ Y Class also superior to KL

Travelling in AZ Y class in Europe is also a pleasant experience similar to that just described in C. More space, better food, friendly personal service although I do agree it all looks a bit worn for wear.

And, from FB perspective, the best thing is to know you will receive full miles for a better product!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM
Travelling in AZ Y class in Europe is also a pleasant experience similar to that just described in C. More space, better food, friendly personal service although I do agree it all looks a bit worn for wear.

And, from FB perspective, the best thing is to know you will receive full miles for a better product!
and not to forget ... alot cheaper
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:43 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Regarding space and food in AZ Y, it must vary according to the route and also the aircraft used. When I last flew from TXL to MXP, or from ATH to MXP or FCO, the seats had nothing special and the food was limited to an unimpressive sandwich or a cookie. Orange juice only, no tomato or grapefruit juice. They do have inflight sales of duty free items, though.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 4:41 am

[QUOTE=Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM]Travelling in AZ Y class in Europe is also a pleasant experience similar to that just described in C. More space, better food, friendly personal service although I do agree it all looks a bit worn for wear.

Originally Posted by Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM...
True! Cheaper fares too, and this not only within Europe but also over the big pond. But better food than KL or AF within Europe? Not really!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 4:42 am

[QUOTE=KLouis]

True! Cheaper fares too, and this not only within Europe but also over the big pond. But better food than KL or AF within Europe? Not really!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by dg4255
I've taken loads of AZ flights lately . . . . I've never had a late flight (in fact, every single one has been early out of 14 segments so far) . . . .
From my experience, you've been extremely fortunate!

I would say that at least half of my AZ flights connecting through MXP have been delayed at MXP, usually because of fog, which resulted in my arrival at the destination being late. MXP seems to be a fog magnet if I'm connecting there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.