AF : First timer questions

Old Aug 12, 05, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
First timer questions

Hello..

I am flying AF for the first time. Any regular flyers have any advice for me?
I am flying business class out of CDG to LAX on flight 72. I think this is a 777-200. Can anyone tell me what to expect on AF affairs? Any special seats the pros aim for? Any special wine to make sure to taste? (I assume their is good wine on AF?)

Any info is mucho appreciated.
Old Aug 12, 05, 12:46 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
You will find the basic information on the US site of Air France:

http://www.airfrance.com

Select "USA site", then, at the top of the page, "Information and services", "On board", "The new Espace Affaires".

If you would like to see pictures of the meals:

http://www.airlinemeals.net

and www.airliners.net for the pictures of the cabin. Also read the sticky threads to learn more about the config of your aircraft.

For the wines and meals association, ask the crew, they will be delighted to assist you. You should have a selection of 1 Champagne, 2 Red wines and 1 White. The menus give excellent advice on which wine goes with what kind of food. Try them all . I have never been disappointed by their selection of wines You will find a recent example in this post.
Old Aug 12, 05, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold A3 Gold IB Plata
I dunno if that has old or new J. If old, try to get a bulkhead row because seat pitch is quite cramped. The service is very good, the food good, and the planes nice with comfortable seats.
Old Aug 12, 05, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL GM
It will be old-style business class. And yes, try for row 4 or row 7 (the front rows of each BC mini-cabin)--Pitch is the weakest aspect of the old BC product.

I did the round trip LAX-CDG in business in June, and it was delightful. Excellent food, professional service. As long as you don't expect a brand-new, lie-flat bed/seat, you'll be happy.
Old Aug 12, 05, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Thanks all for the advise.. ^ I will look for a bulkhead seat..

Search this Thread
Search Engine: