Wiki Posts
Search

AF security strikes again

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2005, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
AF security strikes again

First they walk off 309 people out of a burning wreck. The day after they catch a guy posing as an AF pilot at CDG. Uniformed and all. They spotted the fake ID and cought him and his mate (a former airport employee) outside the airport after a short chase out the terminal.

Turns out the guys suffers from some dilerium, actually thinking he is an AF pilot.

So considering the security and safety seems o be working, maybe AF is worth a shot.

Then there are the repeated bombthreats, the ceiling falling down and the planes to US being turned around due to strange passengers.....

Did I miss anything?

/E
Old Aug 3, 2005, 7:44 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
Originally Posted by Emma65
First they walk off 309 people out of a burning wreck. The day after they catch a guy posing as an AF pilot at CDG. Uniformed and all. They spotted the fake ID and cought him and his mate (a former airport employee) outside the airport after a short chase out the terminal.

Turns out the guys suffers from some dilerium, actually thinking he is an AF pilot.

So considering the security and safety seems o be working, maybe AF is worth a shot.

Then there are the repeated bombthreats, the ceiling falling down and the planes to US being turned around due to strange passengers.....

Did I miss anything?

/E

??? I don't understand the point, other than to have yet another thread complaining about AF or FB.

Air France certainly can't be blamed in nutjobs are calling in bomb threats. As for the ceiling, sounds like that should be taken up with ADP and not Air France. As far as the third one, sounds like back coordination between Air France and the US authorities. Since you have to give your passport before you ticket, you'd think they'd scan it pre-flight.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
First they walk off 309 people out of a burning wreck.
Congratulations I am sure are due to someone - just not sure who

The day after they catch a guy posing as an AF pilot at CDG. Uniformed and all. They spotted the fake ID and cought him and his mate (a former airport employee) outside the airport after a short chase out the terminal.

Thats some delirium indeed : I would have thought that Alitalia might be more appropriate given the way AZ pilots and stff are treated.

Just thinking of your comfort - so stick with KL

1. Terrorists
  2. ADP
  3. The US Government has struck at KL/BA/AF - funnily enough I've never heard of a NW/CO/DL plane being sent back
Old Aug 4, 2005, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cris L
Congratulations I am sure are due to someone - just not sure who
I agree. I think whomever did a great job. I also think it brought up AFs reputation quite a few notches.

Thats some delirium indeed : I would have thought that Alitalia might be more appropriate given the way AZ pilots and stff are treated.
Duno what goes on there.

1. Terrorists
  2. ADP
  3. The US Government has struck at KL/BA/AF - funnily enough I've never heard of a NW/CO/DL plane being sent back
Precisely my point. The ceiling had nothing to do with AF but everything to do with the airport.

But how come it's mostly BA and AF suffering bombthreats and turnarounds? I can't remember KLM having any of that happen since 9/11. And interesting how the other airlines have managed to stay away from it too.....

Oh, the conspiracy theories......
Old Aug 4, 2005, 3:47 am
Suspended

I can't remember KLM having any of that happen since 9/11.
KLM had a flight AMS-MEX turned back to Schiphol about one month ago. Even though it was only transiting US airspace and not even landing there.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mofomat
KLM had a flight AMS-MEX turned back to Schiphol about one month ago. Even though it was only transiting US airspace and not even landing there.
You're kidding? That's insane.

The US really need to get their act together. So do airlines. There has to be a cut off point for bookings so all names can be cross checked BEFORE boarding and loading luggage. Sure, that very last minute ticket won't be sold but in the long run I think it will be more cost effective for airlines as dumping all that fuel before they can land is costing a bleeping fortune! Not to mention the extra damage on the environment, cost of landing, delays, and people on board losing out on business because of delays.

*sigh*
/E
Old Aug 4, 2005, 4:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.

The US really need to get their act together. So do airlines. There has to be a cut off point for bookings so all names can be cross checked BEFORE boarding and loading luggage. Sure, that very last minute ticket won't be sold but in the long run I think it will be more cost effective for airlines as dumping all that fuel before they can land is costing a bleeping fortune! Not to mention the extra damage on the environment, cost of landing, delays, and people on board losing out on business because of delays.

*sigh*
/E
So, you are saying that the US has no right over who flies through its airspace?

Was there no other country for the airplane to refuel in before continuing on to mexico?
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mofomat
Insane? I think not.

Facts here.

(BTW, it happened a bit more than a month ago, though.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.