Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2006, 8:54 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I just put two tix on hold for a JFK-TLV flight. I'm a bit uneasy about the layover time in CDG, can somebody advise me whether this is a legal connection (I don't see how it can be, but the phone agent gave it to me...)
Arrv: CDG @ 9:55AM, T2C
Dep: @ 10:30AM, T2F (this is the flight to TLV, so there's probably add'l security at the gate).

Can I possibly make this connection in 35 minutes? If so, how? We'll be sitting in the first couple of rows of 'Y' (preferred seats for Elite Plus), and won't have any checked luggage (just carryon, as long as AF doesn't crack down on overweight carry-on luggage).

Thanks for any advice!
BostonBali
Old Mar 15, 2006, 9:06 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by bostonbali
I just put two tix on hold for a JFK-TLV flight. I'm a bit uneasy about the layover time in CDG, can somebody advise me whether this is a legal connection (I don't see how it can be, but the phone agent gave it to me...)
Arrv: CDG @ 9:55AM, T2C
Dep: @ 10:30AM, T2F (this is the flight to TLV, so there's probably add'l security at the gate).

Can I possibly make this connection in 35 minutes? If so, how? We'll be sitting in the first couple of rows of 'Y' (preferred seats for Elite Plus), and won't have any checked luggage (just carryon, as long as AF doesn't crack down on overweight carry-on luggage).

Thanks for any advice!
BostonBali
The agent definitely has made a mistake. 35mn is not a legal connection in CDG. I would suggest calling back and asking another agent.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 6:06 pm

Programs: StarWood Hotels-Gold, Loews Hotels-Gold, RCI-Diamond, HH Diamond
Exclamation CDG Help?!

I have reserved my reservation, but am thinking of making changes with regards to connection times in CDG. I am scheduled for LAX-CDG-VIE returning ATH-CDG-LAX. Please offer any assistance you can. We are travelling paid C class for our honeymoon.

LAX-CDG-VIE--Flight 65 (LAX-CDG) arrives 2C 11:05am and then connecting to flight 1738 (CDG-VIE) in 2D departing at 12:45pm. This is a 1hr 40min layover. Is this doable?

Returning:

ATH-CDG-LAX--Flight 2333 (ATH-CDG) says arrving 2D at 9:20am, but am lead to believe 2F more likely. Is a connection time of 55 minutes from either 2D or 2F to 2C for flight 62 (CDG-LAX) departing 10:05am doable? I am not so concerned with my luggage making it home as I am making the plane.

Any insights and recommendations to making this navigation through CDG any easier and faster would be very helpful. Thank you.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 3:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by CoHiba Gent
I have reserved my reservation, but am thinking of making changes with regards to connection times in CDG. I am scheduled for LAX-CDG-VIE returning ATH-CDG-LAX. Please offer any assistance you can. We are travelling paid C class for our honeymoon.

LAX-CDG-VIE--Flight 65 (LAX-CDG) arrives 2C 11:05am and then connecting to flight 1738 (CDG-VIE) in 2D departing at 12:45pm. This is a 1hr 40min layover. Is this doable?...
This is enough time to make the connection. And since the next flight to Vienna isn't until 4:15 p.m., the alternative is to have a five hour layover. Granted this would allow you to use the arrivals lounge in 2C, but I don't think it's worth the extra three hours.

Your Athens connection is tight and you have to get up really early (which I hate, but that's just me). I would opt for AF1533 at 3:00 p.m. connecting to AF070 leaving Paris at 7:40 p.m. (about a two hour layover). This is the late flight that goes on to Tahiti on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays but those days may not fit your schedule.

Last edited by eefor jfp; Mar 21, 2006 at 3:56 am Reason: hit submit too early
Old Mar 21, 2006, 9:36 am

Programs: AA, CO, DL, WN, SPG Gold
Smile Where Should We Unwind?

Awesome thread... thanks!

My wife and I are arriving at 2C on AF33 (First) next Wed at 8:45 AM from IAH. We depart from 2D at noon on AF5154 (Biz) to PSA. (No thanks to the Italians for closing FLR on us!!)

Since we have plenty of time to connect, where would you recommend that we unwind and freshen up... the AF arrivals lounge in 2C, or...?

And how long should we plan to get to 2D after that? Our 'end of check-in time' is 11:30 AM for the PSA flight.

TIA!

Update... never mind... found it here.

Last edited by DallasBill; Mar 27, 2006 at 10:34 am
Old Mar 21, 2006, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
This is enough time to make the connection. And since the next flight to Vienna isn't until 4:15 p.m., the alternative is to have a five hour layover. Granted this would allow you to use the arrivals lounge in 2C, but I don't think it's worth the extra three hours.

Your Athens connection is tight and you have to get up really early (which I hate, but that's just me). I would opt for AF1533 at 3:00 p.m. connecting to AF070 leaving Paris at 7:40 p.m. (about a two hour layover). This is the late flight that goes on to Tahiti on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays but those days may not fit your schedule.
^ Thanks for the response. I will plan on taking the earlier flight to Vienna. Unfortunately, I can not take AF070 since it doesn't work with my schedule. Is AF070 (747-400) even NTC? Truth be told, I'm affraid to risk the tight connection and be rebooked on a 772 OTC instead of the the 77W with NTC. That is really my greatest concern. Any other insight into making a 50 minute connection from either 2F/2D to 2C?
Old Mar 22, 2006, 3:02 pm
tlr

Programs: AF/KL Dark Grey, LH SEN
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Security checks in 2F1 should take about 10mn, and there is a fast track lane for Elite Plus and premium passengers.
While I generally found security at 2F reasonably fast, I have never seen that fast track lane. Where is it hidden?
Old Mar 22, 2006, 3:14 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by tlr
While I generally found security at 2F reasonably fast, I have never seen that fast track lane. Where is it hidden?
It is in 2F1, in the main security check area, not in the smaller security check areas on each side of the peninsula. It is located on the left side.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 7:26 pm

Post CDG Passport Control ?

Is there a bus connecting me from 2F or 2D to 2C or can I walk it? Also, will I need to go through passport control in CDG or will that be taken care in ATH (my departing city) before reaching LAX?
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:53 am

Help (please). I'm arriving from Cairo on AF#503 at Terminal 2E at 11:20 AM and departing on AF #24 for IAD at 1:20 PM from Terminal 2C. What is the quickest and easiest way to make this connection (specific instructions appreciated-I'm directionally-challenged)? I'm checking luggage, have a carry-on and I'm in Business Class. Many thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
Help (please). I'm arriving from Cairo on AF#503 at Terminal 2E at 11:20 AM and departing on AF #24 for IAD at 1:20 PM from Terminal 2C. What is the quickest and easiest way to make this connection (specific instructions appreciated-I'm directionally-challenged)? I'm checking luggage, have a carry-on and I'm in Business Class. Many thanks.
couldn't be easier. on arrival at 2E, just follow the signs to the inter-terminal shuttle bus. next stop will be 2C. exit there and thats it. 2 hours is more than enough time.

take a look at the OP in this thread where you'll find links to terminal maps.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would it be enough time to take Rossiebus from Opera to CDG for 1PM flight ?

We plan to stay at Intercontinental at Opera House on points.

Our departure flight is around 1PM at CDG on a Thursday. Do we have enough time to take the Rossiebus at around 9:30am and still be able to meet the International flight check-in requirement at CDG ?

Or it would be better to stay at CDG airport hotels ?

Thanks for inputs.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:11 am

This should be fine.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Did a search on transit hotels, didn't find anything...

Due to the MH cutbacks, Mrs. TrayflowInUK's daytime F-class flight from KUL-MAN has been replaced with:

3 MH 130 C 1MAY AKLKUL 1250-1 2005-1
4 MH 20 C 1MAY KULCDG 2330-1 0620-2
5 AF 2268 C 2MAY CDGMAN 1320-2 1350-2

So... as she is originating in New Zealand, she is going to be DEAD tired by the time she gets to CDG, and then has SEVEN HOURS' layover.

We were not able to book her via AMS or LHR which both offered smoother connections.

Once she gets back to MAN, she has two hours' driving to get home

(1) Is there a transit hotel she could crash in for a while? What about shower options, etc.?

(2) There is an earlier flight CDG-MAN leaving around 7:40 am... she's on an NW award ticket. Is there any chance whatsoever of her getting on this and avoiding the long CDG layover?

Neither of us have ever transited CDG.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Bump!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.