Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sophiez
Thank you for replying. No, not overnight, 5am - 6pm. Yes, will ask in TLV.
With penalty (275 Euro?) they will agree for sure, right?
I would say yes.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: HH, UA
Sorry if it's been asked already. Arriving to Terminal 2E (from SLC on DL) and departing from 2E on AF to SOF - is there passport check or is this strictly airside? My connection is 1H30M, and I am trying to figure out if there is enough time to make it without running the whole time.

Edit: I did some research and it looks like I have to go through security check only. Is this correct?

Last edited by sk8er; Apr 21, 2019 at 2:26 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sk8er
Sorry if it's been asked already. Arriving to Terminal 2E (from SLC on DL) and departing from 2E on AF to SOF - is there passport check or is this strictly airside? My connection is 1H30M, and I am trying to figure out if there is enough time to make it without running the whole time.

Edit: I did some research and it looks like I have to go through security check only. Is this correct?
no passport check, just security. 90 min is plenty of time for such a connection.
sk8er likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: HH, UA
Originally Posted by Goldorak

no passport check, just security. 90 min is plenty of time for such a connection.
thanks!
Old May 20, 2019, 7:26 am

If I'm arriving T1 (Star Alliance, non-Schengen) and departing T2F (AF, Schengen), can I take the orange bus over to 2G to use the (as I understand it) newer and nicer AF lounge over there, then take the bus back to 2F for my flight? Or will I be turned away from the bus to 2G because my flight departs from 2F?

I've read that I can't get to 2E unless I have a boarding pass for a flight departing from there, but I'm not sure if the same applies with 2F/G or if you can move freely between those since they're both Schengen.

Thanks!
Old May 20, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
I'm arriving on DL84 from ATL and I have a two hour connection before going to FRA. I suppose that I will be "funneled" from 2E to 2G? It doesn't look there's much food options in 2G - just the lounge and a sandwich place? Is there any other practical options available to me (2F?) or I just have to get to 2G and eat there?
Old May 20, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by duluthDL
I'm arriving on DL84 from ATL and I have a two hour connection before going to FRA. I suppose that I will be "funneled" from 2E to 2G? It doesn't look there's much food options in 2G - just the lounge and a sandwich place? Is there any other practical options available to me (2F?) or I just have to get to 2G and eat there?
Honestly I can't say the food options in 2F are that great either. And it's rather crowded and not the nicest place to dine anyway.

2G is a satellite terminal so you will take a shuttle bus over there. And given the 2h you have to connect, I don't think you'd be stuck in 2G for an uncomfortably long amount of time. It's annoying but passable.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by PeanutYYZ
If I'm arriving T1 (Star Alliance, non-Schengen) and departing T2F (AF, Schengen), can I take the orange bus over to 2G to use the (as I understand it) newer and nicer AF lounge over there, then take the bus back to 2F for my flight? Or will I be turned away from the bus to 2G because my flight departs from 2F?

I've read that I can't get to 2E unless I have a boarding pass for a flight departing from there, but I'm not sure if the same applies with 2F/G or if you can move freely between those since they're both Schengen.

Thanks!
As I said replying to you in the other thread, there is really nothing justifying the hassle of going to 2G lounge instead of 2F. You'll be perfectly fine in the 2F lounge and you will likely be turned away trying to go to 2G.

Originally Posted by mlin32
Honestly I can't say the food options in 2F are that great either. And it's rather crowded and not the nicest place to dine anyway.

2G is a satellite terminal so you will take a shuttle bus over there. And given the 2h you have to connect, I don't think you'd be stuck in 2G for an uncomfortably long amount of time. It's annoying but passable.
+1
Old May 20, 2019, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
As I said replying to you in the other thread, there is really nothing justifying the hassle of going to 2G lounge instead of 2F. You'll be perfectly fine in the 2F lounge and you will likely be turned away trying to go to 2G.

+1
Got it, thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: Many
Hello,

A friend of mine is flying soon RNS-CDG-SIN with a 70 minutes A5/AF connection between 2G and 2E.
Flying Y, single ticket, FB Gold (if that matters), carryon only, very experienced flyer, but not familiar with CDG, specially 2G. She fears to miss the connection.

Which shuttle bus must she take from 2G: yellow or grey or red (ADP shuttle map is not consistent with ADP explanations)?
Providing the incoming flight is on time, does this connection seem realistic?
Any tip I can share with her?

Thanks very much

Last edited by bodory; Jun 11, 2019 at 2:26 am
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by bodory
Hello,

A friend of mine is flying soon RNS-CDG-SIN with a 70 minutes A5/AF connection between 2G and 2E.
Flying Y, single ticket, FB Gold (if that matters), carryon only, very experienced flyer, but not familiar with CDG, specially 2G. She fears to miss the connection.

Which shuttle bus must she take from 2G: yellow or grey or red (ADP shuttle map is not consistent with ADP explanations)?

Thanks very much
It can be done but the incoming flight ideally needs to be on time. With just a carry on that makes things easier.

I don't recall the shuttle bus colour but there will be signage and personnel to guide and check your boarding card. Passport control will be done at 2G just before you board the bus to 2E.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by bodory
Hello,

Thanks very much
The shuttle colour depends on which part of 2E she's going to, i would assume the shuttle map is more recent than the "correspondances" page which only mentions yellow for K/L and red for M. As mlin32 says clearing passports in 2G (with often little queue to speak of) will make it easier. I'd say that with 70 mins it should not be a problem, even with a slight delay (10-15 mins) it should still be doable. 2G is fairly easy to connect from (3-5 mins walking max from any side of the terminal), the only variable being the bus, though it shouldn't exceed more than 30 mins at the longest from gate to gate.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: Many
Thanks. I guess the flight to SIN will leave from K or L gates anyway.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Hello collective wisdom of FT

I have a ticket, that makes sense for me, financially and earningswise.

However, it contains a 1:15 connection 2F->2D... which I am not even entirely sure is legal. (plus a 30min connection in PRG, but that's whole another bag of... chance to visit Pragues christmas markets, I guess?)
So, apart from the not-that-important question of do you see how it is legal? As all I could find is **-** DD 1.30 TRM 2F - 2D - but, it is being sold, so I will let the TA take fall in case something goes much wrong...

How should I approach such a transfer? Airside, it seems the navettes are going round the other way, all the way to 2E-M, then all the way to 2A, and only then to 2D.
Should I go landside? I will have skypriority and I will try for as forward a seat as feasible, but I don't fancy my chances for a smooth experience on a pre-Christmas weekend.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Hello collective wisdom of FT

I have a ticket, that makes sense for me, financially and earningswise.

However, it contains a 1:15 connection 2F->2D... which I am not even entirely sure is legal. (plus a 30min connection in PRG, but that's whole another bag of... chance to visit Pragues christmas markets, I guess?)
So, apart from the not-that-important question of do you see how it is legal? As all I could find is **-** DD 1.30 TRM 2F - 2D - but, it is being sold, so I will let the TA take fall in case something goes much wrong...

How should I approach such a transfer? Airside, it seems the navettes are going round the other way, all the way to 2E-M, then all the way to 2A, and only then to 2D.
Should I go landside? I will have skypriority and I will try for as forward a seat as feasible, but I don't fancy my chances for a smooth experience on a pre-Christmas weekend.
I would walk landside, even if it means going through security. It will take you 15 min max + security clearance time.
joyu12 and paris1000 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.