Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:14 pm

Looking at some Flying Blue redemption options, I saw an ATL-CDG-ZAG itinerary that might work for me. ZAG leg is on OU which departs from 2D, and it's a long transfer. Would I be able to make my way to the newest 2E lounge before going over to 2D for the ZAG flight? Apologies if the answer is obvious but I'm not at all familiar with CDG. Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by klanfa
Looking at some Flying Blue redemption options, I saw an ATL-CDG-ZAG itinerary that might work for me. ZAG leg is on OU which departs from 2D, and it's a long transfer. Would I be able to make my way to the newest 2E lounge before going over to 2D for the ZAG flight? Apologies if the answer is obvious but I'm not at all familiar with CDG. Thanks!
no, not possible.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak

no, not possible.
That was fast! If you don't mind a follow up, what CDG lounge(s) would I be able to access on that itinerary?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
That was fast! If you don't mind a follow up, what CDG lounge(s) would I be able to access on that itinerary?
I certainly don’t mind
I suppose you are in J or are FB Gold/Platinum?
If yes, you’ll have access to the DL SkyClub in ATL and to a contract lounge in CDG 2D.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:18 pm

I certainly don’t mind
I suppose you are in J or are FB Gold/Platinum?
If yes, you’ll have access to the DL SkyClub in ATL and to a contract lounge in CDG 2D.
I am indeed looking at J flights. Ugh I was hoping to experience an AF lounge at CDG, but I guess I'd have to settle for the contract lounge.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I am indeed looking at J flights. Ugh I was hoping to experience an AF lounge at CDG, but I guess I'd have to settle for the contract lounge.
do you go back via same route ?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:56 pm

do you go back via same route ?
Nope, it's a one-way thing Thanks for the input - it's much appreciated.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:22 am

Quick question here - going from LHR to NRT via CDG; so a 2E to 2E connection.
Is 1hr 50 reasonable here, or should I go with the 4hr30 one. This is with luggage and in Y, so no lounge access. Don't particularly want to spend 4hrs in CDG if I dont have to ahead of a long flight.
I did a 1hr40 connection a few years back at FRA and didn't find it too bad so wondering if similar?

Thanks

Kevin
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by FlyKev
Quick question here - going from LHR to NRT via CDG; so a 2E to 2E connection.
Is 1hr 50 reasonable here, or should I go with the 4hr30 one. This is with luggage and in Y, so no lounge access. Don't particularly want to spend 4hrs in CDG if I dont have to ahead of a long flight.
I did a 1hr40 connection a few years back at FRA and didn't find it too bad so wondering if similar?

Thanks

Kevin
Should be fine, that's plenty of time.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Flying in J with Air France, also i'm gold on FB but i want to know if it's possible to use Lounges at gate L or M even if my next flight is at gate K?
So if it's possible to switch gate before the flight, i have 5h layover

Thanks for the answer
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Flying in J with Air France, also i'm gold on FB but i want to know if it's possible to use Lounges at gate L or M even if my next flight is at gate K?
So if it's possible to switch gate before the flight, i have 5h layover

Thanks for the answer
normally not, but there have been several reports of people being successful doing this. So you can try and please report here
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
normally not, but there have been several reports of people being successful doing this. So you can try and please report here
Because it's not allowed or somethnig else?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
I`m FBG flying YUL-CDG-AMS-CPH in 2 weeks, with a layover at CDG of 3H25. As far as I remember, i will not have admission to any one of the AF, Non Schengen lounges in terminal 2E. I have to use the lounge where my onward flight departs (Schengen lounge), is that correct?
Was sort of hoping that my memory was playing tricks with me
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Because it's not allowed or somethnig else?
Normally, you are only allowed to access the terminal/concourse you are departing from.

Originally Posted by GR15
I`m FBG flying YUL-CDG-AMS-CPH in 2 weeks, with a layover at CDG of 3H25. As far as I remember, i will not have admission to any one of the AF, Non Schengen lounges in terminal 2E. I have to use the lounge where my onward flight departs (Schengen lounge), is that correct?
Correct.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
Normally, you are only allowed to access the terminal/concourse you are departing from.

Correct.
Thanks, Goldorak

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.