FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
And T3 is a slightly improved warehouse-style building for charters and some LCC (including Vueling), so indeed no lounge (this word is unknown in T3 ).
So, unfortunately, you’ll have to wait to arrive at your final destination to have a shower.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
And T3 is a slightly improved warehouse-style building for charters and some LCC (including Vueling), so indeed no lounge (this word is unknown in T3 ).
So, unfortunately, youll have to wait to arrive at your final destination to have a shower.
For a 4 hour and 20 min connecting, is there a place near the airport you would recommend me to spend osme time at?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by petey2428
For a 4 hour and 20 min connecting, is there a place near the airport you would recommend me to spend osme time at?
The Pullman or Hilton hotels, both at walking distance from T3 are certainly the best places to go.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
The Pullman or Hilton hotels, both at walking distance from T3 are certainly the best places to go.
Definitely two nices places.

I would add Citizen M and Novotel if our friend finds the other two a bit pricey.

But first of all, he has to:

- clear immigration
- pick up luggage
- walk to CDG interchange
- take the CDG VAL to the Roissypole station
- walk to T3 (passing our recommended hotels on the way)
- check in luggage.

He might not have much time left....
Old May 18, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
I believe you'll be able to check-in to JNB in the morning in CDG. If not, there is a storage place for bags, just above the RER station in T2 (in front of the Sheraton entrance).
Another possibility, if this all AF and even on separate tickets, you can ask departing the US to have your bags checked all the way to JNB so there will be no need to collect them in CDG. They may refuse but if this all AF, it should be no problem.
Hi,

do you know if there is still storage on T2 RER station (and is it secure)?
I'm trying to work out my packing strategy
Old May 18, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Hi,

do you know if there is still storage on T2 RER station (and is it secure)?
I'm trying to work out my packing strategy
yes, still there. Secure ? no idea, never used them.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Flying on AF from SFO to PRG via CDG.
Connection time is 1 hr 45 min.
Is this too close as I will have to change terminals and go through immigration?
In addition, I had this message after booking:

Airport transfer
The San Francisco - Prague segment requires you to change airports in CDG. You must collect your baggage before proceeding to your connecting flight.

I imagine they mean changing terminals and not airports. Do I really have to collect my checked luggage?
TIA
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Flying on AF from SFO to PRG via CDG.
Connection time is 1 hr 45 min.
Is this too close as I will have to change terminals and go through immigration?
In addition, I had this message after booking:

Airport transfer
The San Francisco - Prague segment requires you to change airports in CDG. You must collect your baggage before proceeding to your connecting flight.

I imagine they mean changing terminals and not airports. Do I really have to collect my checked luggage?
TIA
Makes little sense; if any at all.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Makes little sense; if any at all.
Are you referring to the message from the airline?
What about my connection time?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

To OP : this is enough time for your connection and you don't need to collect bags at your connection point (you certainly don't change airport). They will be checked all the way to PRG.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:43 am

To OP : this is enough time for your connection and you don't need to collect bags at your connection point (you certainly don't change airport). They will be checked all the way to PRG.
Thank you. That is reassuring.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:06 pm

We're scheduled to fly AF11 from JFK to CDG, arriving Terminal 2E. We will need some euros for a taxi (I have 42, but we'll need 50). Where will we be able to find an ATM, preferably without going out of our path from gate to immigration to the taxi stand?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by richarddd
We're scheduled to fly AF11 from JFK to CDG, arriving Terminal 2E. We will need some euros for a taxi (I have 42, but we'll need 50). Where will we be able to find an ATM, preferably without going out of our path from gate to immigration to the taxi stand?
When arriving landside 2E (where people are waiting for arriving pax), turn left in the corridor and the ATM is just here about 5-10m ahead. For the taxi, go backward (as if you had turned right when arriving landside). Here, you may have sollicitations from illegal taxis; do not answer them.
richarddd likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Not strictly a Paris CDG Airport question, but I didn’t want to start another thread just for this. For an AF flight departing MXP to CDG, is it possible to check in the evening before for a flight which leaves at 07h00? I suspect at outstations that this is not possible, but you never know.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:46 am

When arriving landside 2E (where people are waiting for arriving pax), turn left in the corridor and the ATM is just here about 5-10m ahead. For the taxi, go backward (as if you had turned right when arriving landside). Here, you may have sollicitations from illegal taxis; do not answer them.
It appears that all of the ATMs in the area are Travelex and charge a fee. The fee was a surprise to the people at the information booth (we stopped to buy museum passes).

The taxi dispatcher and driver both assured us our taxi would take a Visa credit card. His reader didn't actually work - it appeared to process but the charge didn't go through (and he tried to charge us 55 rather than 50). The hotel paid him 50 in cash. The card clearly was not the issue, having worked at the airport for museum passes and at the hotel immediately after.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.