Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by USAJerry
Two questions...the second slightly OT.

Flying from IAD to CPH via CDG. Arriving in CDG on AF39/DL8631 at 5:45am. Flight to CPH on AF1750/DL8424 is at 7:15am.

Do I have enough time to make my connection?

I arrive in CPH at 9:05am.

Now...I go to AMS on KLM. That flight leaves at 11:45am. This is on a different itinerary (did it to save $$$). Since I will be arriving in CPH via CDG, and since that's an inter-Schengen flight, do I have to leave and go through customs and/or re-enter to go through security? Or can I just go to my gate.

Thanks!
90 minutes at CDG are more than enough. You have an easy connection from 2E to 2F, depending on which wing in 2E your US inbound arrives your transfer might involve a train ride, but in any case should not be more than 20-30 minutes. You have to clear immigration and re-clear security in 2F.

As per your second question, I don't know CPH airport, but in general there is no security when connecting from Schengen to Schengen flight within the EU. No immigration within Schengen either.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:43 pm

bout flight from BOM > CDG > SEA

Hi All ...

I have a few questions bout flight from BOM > CDG > SEA... My mother is traveling on this AF 0217 Air France / Delta flight. She has a layover-over at CDG for 2hr 40 mins.

1. is this connection time enough?
2.being an first time international flyer any tips she should remember.
3. will she have to do security again ( Indian passport ).. and check-in bags again or she gets them at SEA directly?
4.any info about the shuttles?

at present her ticket says she would be coming at Terminal 2E and the flight to SEA will also leave from Terminal 2E

I am not sure if its the correct thread to post this question....

Thanks in advance for the suggestions / help.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: KLM and AA
I have to get from the A380 gate (AF-7) in 2E and catch a flight to Prague in 2D (Czech Air) in 65 minutes.
I am in business (does that give any leg up with customs/immigration and security?)
Should I walk this?

Thanks
Mike
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by HCruiseMike
I have to get from the A380 gate (AF-7) in 2E and catch a flight to Prague in 2D (Czech Air) in 65 minutes.
I am in business (does that give any leg up with customs/immigration and security?)
Should I walk this?

Thanks
Mike
As a biz class customer you cause priority lane Acces#1 for both immigrstion and security recheck. If you arrive at an L gate fastest eay to 2D is walking via 2F, if you arive at a M gate, you take the automated train to 2E main hall, where you pass immigration, thenwalk to 2D via the train station. Transfer will take 25-30 minutes.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I am flying next Sunday into Paris CDG Terminal 2D on an Air France codeshare flight (AF 1557) operated by Austrian (arrival time 09:15) and then transferring onto AF 84 to San Francisco, which leaves at 10:35 from Terminal 2E. Now that Terminal 2B is closed, I noticed that the blue airside bus stops at Terminal 2D, so my question is: should I take the bus or should I walk?

Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Tudor Profir
Hi everyone,

I am flying next Sunday into Paris CDG Terminal 2D on an Air France codeshare flight (AF 1557) operated by Austrian (arrival time 09:15) and then transferring onto AF 84 to San Francisco, which leaves at 10:35 from Terminal 2E. Now that Terminal 2B is closed, I noticed that the blue airside bus stops at Terminal 2D, so my question is: should I take the bus or should I walk?

Thanks
just walk !
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:26 pm

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am worried I won't have enough time to connect to my next flight.

I am flying from Rome to Paris with a 1 hr. and 10 min. layover in Paris then from Paris back to San Francisco. Will I have enough time to catch my flight back to SF? I will be flying Air France on all flights.

Thank you!
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by jetsetter77
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I am worried I won't have enough time to connect to my next flight.

I am flying from Rome to Paris with a 1 hr. and 10 min. layover in Paris then from Paris back to San Francisco. Will I have enough time to catch my flight back to SF? I will be flying Air France on all flights.

Thank you!
Welcome to Flyertalk!

1:10h is sufficient to connect in CDG, you have to transfer from 2F to 2E and you only pass immigration, no security. Check on the monitors from which gate your connecting flight leaves as the transit route is different. 2E has basically 3 wings called K, L and M. Just follow the signs indicating your gate letter. Transfer takes about 20 minutes.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 8:24 pm

Thank you for the information. I feel a lot better now.

Originally Posted by MarLim
Welcome to Flyertalk!

1:10h is sufficient to connect in CDG, you have to transfer from 2F to 2E and you only pass immigration, no security. Check on the monitors from which gate your connecting flight leaves as the transit route is different. 2E has basically 3 wings called K, L and M. Just follow the signs indicating your gate letter. Transfer takes about 20 minutes.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 12:43 pm
YLW

Programs: AS AC AA SPG IHG Gold
Free (to 1st 200, to Aug 31) Paris tour & a question re terminals

Not sure if this is the right place to post this: http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...ansit-tour.htm
Promotional code for one free admission on the "Paris Transit Tour".
Valid for the first 200 online bookings until August, 31st, subject to availability.
We just booked 2, so it's still working now.

Which Europcar rental station is closest to "Gate 2E"?
That's where DL agent said our SEA-CDG flight lands. TIA
Old Sep 18, 2013, 1:34 am

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
Looking for advice.
Wife and I are flying from KUL to CDG on Malaysian A380 in Business ETA 0640. Arriving at the 'Main Terminal' . Then connecting to Easyjet to Toulouse at 0900 Terminal 2D .
They are two separate tickets and I will be checking in baggage .
I had thought that 2 hrs 20 is sufficient, but now starting to worry a little....

Understand that there is a priority clearance for Immigration so that will help a little.

Any tips appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AshleyF
Looking for advice.
Wife and I are flying from KUL to CDG on Malaysian A380 in Business ETA 0640. Arriving at the 'Main Terminal' . Then connecting to Easyjet to Toulouse at 0900 Terminal 2D .
They are two separate tickets and I will be checking in baggage .
I had thought that 2 hrs 20 is sufficient, but now starting to worry a little....

Understand that there is a priority clearance for Immigration so that will help a little.

Any tips appreciated. Thanks in advance.
There is no "main terminal" at CDG. MH arrives at T1. As a J pax, you should be able to access fast track immigration (called "Accès No1") lanes. After immigration, collect your luggage and take the automatic train (called CDGVAL) linking terminals. Go to terminal 2 (at the other end of the line). From the train platform, go up and turn right, walk 5 min and you'll be in 2D where you'll have U2 counters.
2h20 should be sufficient.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
There is no "main terminal" at CDG. MH arrives at T1. As a J pax, you should be able to access fast track immigration (called "Accès No1") lanes. After immigration, collect your luggage and take the automatic train (called CDGVAL) linking terminals. Go to terminal 2 (at the other end of the line). From the train platform, go up and turn right, walk 5 min and you'll be in 2D where you'll have U2 counters.
2h20 should be sufficient.
All perfectly correct indeed, but to be honest I'd personally worry about the 2h20. If the MH flight is on time, then all is great, but if you have as little as 30-45 minutes delay (not an unusual occurrence with long haul flights), this could become uncomfortably tight. Luggage delivery can often be painfully slow at CDG and as you'll need to recheck your luggage with U2, be aware that they will very strictly enforce the luggage drop limit. If you are as little as 1 minute late, you should expect not to be accepted for travel (or to have to abandon your luggage to be able to make it!). By my books, while this can of course work, it does not qualify as a 'safe' connection and certainly not one I would personally like to chance.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by orbitmic
All perfectly correct indeed, but to be honest I'd personally worry about the 2h20. If the MH flight is on time, then all is great, but if you have as little as 30-45 minutes delay (not an unusual occurrence with long haul flights), this could become uncomfortably tight. Luggage delivery can often be painfully slow at CDG and as you'll need to recheck your luggage with U2, be aware that they will very strictly enforce the luggage drop limit. If you are as little as 1 minute late, you should expect not to be accepted for travel (or to have to abandon your luggage to be able to make it!). By my books, while this can of course work, it does not qualify as a 'safe' connection and certainly not one I would personally like to chance.
Fully agree of course. 2h20 (= flight on-time) is sufficient. If 1h45-1h30, then it's danger zone.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:21 am

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
Thanks guys. Convinced the wife that carry on (with the added bonus of shopping in Paris) isn't that bad an option.
Have already paid for Easyjet hold luggage, but will head straight to check in now .
Not too fussed about having to check in luggage to Toulouse in theory, just the time involved.
Hopefully it will all be on time and CDG on a Saturday morning at 6 am will be full of bright ,shiny, helpful service crew. !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.