Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
2E to 2G

Arriving from JFK to CDG at 2E on the A380-800. Will 90 mins be enough time to go to 2G for a flight to Florence?
How do I get to 2G? Signs easy to follow?

First time at CDG...at least Delta Golds are now sky elite +
TIA
Old Mar 6, 2011, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Moflav
Arriving from JFK to CDG at 2E on the A380-800. Will 90 mins be enough time to go to 2G for a flight to Florence?
How do I get to 2G? Signs easy to follow?

First time at CDG...at least Delta Golds are now sky elite +
TIA
Yes it's enough time. You'll have to take a shuttle bus. Just follow the signs.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Does anyone know if there is a Societe Generale ATM or guichet at CDG? And if so, where?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by stimpy
Does anyone know if there is a Societe Generale ATM or guichet at CDG? And if so, where?
Unless I'm mistaken, there are only two HSBC agencies and something like 20 HSBC ATM in CDG. No other bank is represented there.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 7:32 am

PHL-CDG-VCE

We are leaving on 3/25, landing in CDG on 3/26. Looks like we're flying into 2E and out of 2F. It's a DL to Air France flight with a 90 min connection. We are seated in coach in row 26 and are not checking bags. We're relatively young and prepared to run if need be, but I'm a bit nervous about the connection. Are we likely to be okay?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by KPSdeo
We are leaving on 3/25, landing in CDG on 3/26. Looks like we're flying into 2E and out of 2F. It's a DL to Air France flight with a 90 min connection. We are seated in coach in row 26 and are not checking bags. We're relatively young and prepared to run if need be, but I'm a bit nervous about the connection. Are we likely to be okay?
Yes, no problem. It's a very rapid connection between 2E & 2F. You'll have to clear immigration at CDG.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 9:20 pm

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
I'm pretty sure there's a Socitété Générale above the TGV/RER station in Terminal 2 on the "airport" level (on the same level as left luggage, two floors up from the entrance to the train platforms).
Old Mar 13, 2011, 3:17 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by vincentinparis
I'm pretty sure there's a Socitété Générale above the TGV/RER station in Terminal 2 on the "airport" level (on the same level as left luggage, two floors up from the entrance to the train platforms).
Well, I am not so sure. I remember it as being an HSBC ATM, but I may be mistaken.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 5:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Well, I am not so sure. I remember it as being an HSBC ATM, but I may be mistaken.
I've checked on ADP's website, they say exactly what I had in mind (that's a first!) : two HSBC agencies and 25 ATM.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I fiddled around with the socgen website and it seems the closest is Villepinte. I think it should be illegal for major capitol airports to do deals with just one bank. The entire traveling population of France that passes through CDG (and the other international airports in France) may need access to banking services.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Yeah, I fiddled around with the socgen website and it seems the closest is Villepinte. I think it should be illegal for major capitol airports to do deals with just one bank. The entire traveling population of France that passes through CDG (and the other international airports in France) may need access to banking services.
Sorry but I don't follow you. Why every bank should have a representation in airports ? For what purpose ? And, as airports see as many foreigners as people from the country where the airport is located, foreign banks should be also present ? In airports, pax need ATM and to exchange money. These services are available in CDG in every terminal.
This being said, the closest SG bank from CDG is at Parc des expositions, 5 min walk from the RER station.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Sorry but I don't follow you. Why every bank should have a representation in airports ? For what purpose ? And, as airports see as many foreigners as people from the country where the airport is located, foreign banks should be also present ? In airports, pax need ATM and to exchange money. These services are available in CDG in every terminal.
This being said, the closest SG bank from CDG is at Parc des expositions, 5 min walk from the RER station.
I didn't say every bank must have representation. I said (or meant to say) every retail bank that is legally operating in France should be allowed to pay for a spot at CDG. Just like every EU airline. You should not be able to "own" an airport like CDG as HSBC does. It is anti-competitive.

Bank machines are not only for withdrawals you know.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:32 pm

Hello!

So glad to have found this forum as I am completely stressed about an upcoming vacation to Prague via CDG.

I have read through the thread, but need updated info.

I am arriving at 2E on Delta, and leaving on Czech air at 2D. I have almost 3 hours to make my connection.

Do I leave the terminal/secure area to walk to 2D? Or have to pass through customs/immigration? This is my first time in Europe and not sure how this all works. I've only traveled "internationally" to Mexico and Belize, so no experience like this.

How long does it take to walk? 15-20" is what I am seeing on www.easycdg.com, but is there a shuttle? or From what I have read here, it is much more efficient to walk! :-)

Anything else I need to know? My travel agent was only going to give me an hour to connect, she didn't know about the history of missed connections at CDG?! (I need a new agent!) So asking her is of no use!

Thank you for your patience with me, and for answering my questions in advance!

Lisa
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by NurseLisa68
Hello!

So glad to have found this forum as I am completely stressed about an upcoming vacation to Prague via CDG.

I have read through the thread, but need updated info.

I am arriving at 2E on Delta, and leaving on Czech air at 2D. I have almost 3 hours to make my connection.

Do I leave the terminal/secure area to walk to 2D? Or have to pass through customs/immigration? This is my first time in Europe and not sure how this all works. I've only traveled "internationally" to Mexico and Belize, so no experience like this.

How long does it take to walk? 15-20" is what I am seeing on www.easycdg.com, but is there a shuttle? or From what I have read here, it is much more efficient to walk! :-)

Anything else I need to know? My travel agent was only going to give me an hour to connect, she didn't know about the history of missed connections at CDG?! (I need a new agent!) So asking her is of no use!

Thank you for your patience with me, and for answering my questions in advance!

Lisa
From 2E to 2D walking across should take no more than 10 minutes, so no reason to be nervous about the connection. CDG is quite a simple airport and the bad reputation it has is just hearsay; the facilities are great, the terminals are clean and it's fairly easy to move around.
You should have plenty of time to enjoy a coffee or browse the shops.
Enjoy your trip.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by Goldorak
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.