FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lehms
We are arriving at cog after a flight from iad. We have a short 60m connection to Venice. This was the flight the airline showed as the cheapest fare so we took it.

Will we make it.
Well, you'll see
Seriously : it's tight but feasible if your flight is on-time. But there are plenty of CDG-VCE flights, so in case you miss your flight, they will rebook you on the next available one.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:05 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
It seems the airside shuttle from 2D to S3 & 2E has been discontinued since Early December .
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:42 am

Hi all.

Firstly, Id just like to say that I've read through countless pages of this thread for some answers, and I think I have them, but It can't hurt to ask for some confirmation!

I'm flying on Wednesday from LHR-CDG-GIG, with AF. My flight is quite a late one, I leave Heathrow at 20.15, and get into Paris at 22.25. My flight to Rio leaves 55 minutes later, at 23.20.

Obviously 55 minutes isn't long, but it was one booking, so obviously AF think its viable.

I just wanted to get some confirmation on the quickest way to get from 2E to 2F (apparently the arr/dep teminals), baring in mind the time of the flight. Also what security/immigration/customs will I need to go through. I'm not too aware of the Schengen/airside terminology.

If anyone has experience with this transfer, or can offer some advice, i would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
My daughter and I are flying SEA-CDG-AMS-BGO next Thursday 28 Jan 2011. This will be my first time flying into CDG. We are arriving on AF #309 at 08.35. I think this flight arrives at Terminal 2. Our connecting flight to AMS KLM #1234 departs at 14.40pm. Of course I am not concerned about making this connection.

We plan to meet and have lunch outside of CDG with French cousins we have never met. They will be picking us up. There is one additional piece to this puzzle. I was injured in an accident and will be using a wheelchair provided by Special Services which will require me to check in again after lunch to wait for a wheelchair and assistant then clear security again. My question to those of you familiar with CDG, what time do you suggest arriving back at the airport for our connecting flight to AMS at 14.40pm?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Last edited by HypnoticEyez; Jan 20, 2011 at 9:08 am
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:28 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by HypnoticEyez
My question to those of you familiar with CDG, what time do you suggest arriving back at the airport for our connecting flight to AMS at 14:40pm?
KL 1234/AF 8234 leaves from Terminal 2F, a small and easy to navigate terminal. Plus if you're in a wheelchair you won't have to wait to clear security. You're in Schengen so there are no further immigration checks. Make sure you get your boarding passes before leaving the airport. If you're back by 13.45 or so you'll have time to buy some treats at Ladure or Maison du Chocolat, but even if you only are at the airport aas late as 14.10, you'll make the flight with a little time to spare.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:29 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by vincentinparis
KL 1234/AF 8234 leaves from Terminal 2F, a small and easy to navigate terminal. Plus if you're in a wheelchair you won't have to wait to clear security. You're in Schengen so there are no further immigration checks. Make sure you get your boarding passes before leaving the airport. If you're back by 13.45 or so you'll have time to buy some treats at Ladure or Maison du Chocolat, but even if you only are at the airport aas late as 14.10, you'll make the flight with a little time to spare.

Thank you so much for the information. It seems I have been worrying myself needlessly. I never thought about getting our boarding passes before leaving. No doubt it will make things easier.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Thank you so much for the information. It seems I have been worrying myself needlessly. I never thought about getting our boarding passes before leaving. No doubt it will make things easier.

I had to use a wheelchair all summer and did it several times at ORY and once at CDG. I find the above information optimistic. The service is quite good. But it sometimes require time to get the wheelchair staff, in part because there might be numerous pax needing it at the same time. You first have to get to the special service counter (I do not know where it is located at 2F). They will check the paperwork and assign you a staff who might take some time to fetch you. You should make sure that you have your boarding pass with you. Then the staff takes you through security (priority) and to the gate and waits with you. You will normally board first (and unboard last). If you arrive at the gate after boarding has started, you will board last (not to slow the boarding process). You should arrive at service counter one hour before departure if you already have BP.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 3:15 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Chances are they'll give you all of your boarding passes in SEA.

And brunos has a point about actually getting a wheelchair. Again, simply ask as you're leaving the airport, and I am sure they'll be able to tell you how much time you should allow to get the wheelchair and staff.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL PM
I initially posted this in the Delta forum, but got no responses, so trying here (where I should have posted in the first place). Thanks!

-----------

I'm a Delta PM doing JFK-CDG-AMS in J this Sunday on AF with only a 01:15 connection at CDG. No checked bags. Into 2E and out of 2F. Here is what I understand, and some questions that I hope you can answer.

1) I get into 2E. Do I get to the terminal through a jetway or will a bus take me to the terminal? Seems like there are two gate sections E21-E47 and E51-E76. Anyone know which one AF23 gets to?

2) I clear immigration in 2E and can use the a separate line for premium passengers. Is that called Access No 1?

3) According to this AF Transfer Page, a shuttle ride is involved with either a long circuitous shuttle ride or just a short ride to 2F depending which 2E gate section I get into. However, I would like to avoid the shuttle altogether since 2F seems fairly close to 2E, and just walk across. Is that a good idea?

4) I go through security in 2F and there is a separate line (Access No 1) for premium passengers.

5) I don't stand a chance with having time to shower in a lounge at CDG.

6) Can I access an arrival lounge in AMS? If yes, which one would be the quickest to access?

All advice appreciated. Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by YesLetsDiscuss
I initially posted this in the Delta forum, but got no responses, so trying here (where I should have posted in the first place). Thanks!

-----------

I'm a Delta PM doing JFK-CDG-AMS in J this Sunday on AF with only a 01:15 connection at CDG. No checked bags. Into 2E and out of 2F. Here is what I understand, and some questions that I hope you can answer.

1) I get into 2E. Do I get to the terminal through a jetway or will a bus take me to the terminal? Seems like there are two gate sections E21-E47 and E51-E76. Anyone know which one AF23 gets to?

2) I clear immigration in 2E and can use the a separate line for premium passengers. Is that called Access No 1?

3) According to this AF Transfer Page, a shuttle ride is involved with either a long circuitous shuttle ride or just a short ride to 2F depending which 2E gate section I get into. However, I would like to avoid the shuttle altogether since 2F seems fairly close to 2E, and just walk across. Is that a good idea?

4) I go through security in 2F and there is a separate line (Access No 1) for premium passengers.

5) I don't stand a chance with having time to shower in a lounge at CDG.

6) Can I access an arrival lounge in AMS? If yes, which one would be the quickest to access?

All advice appreciated. Thanks!
here are the answers to your questions :
1) it is impossible to know which gate will be used. They are assigned a few hours before. You have to keep in mind that it's even not guaranteed that you'll arrive at 2E from JFK. In your case, you can arrive at any non-Schengen terminal AF is using, i.e. 2E, 2F2 or 2C. You asked about the possibility to be parked at a remote gate and be bussed to the terminal : yes, it's possible but, for AF long-haul flights, it's becoming more and more rare (10-15%)

2) yes

3) yes, just walk (even if you arrive in 2C, just clear immigration there as if you were ending your trip in Paris and walk to 2F. It will be no more than 10 min). You will have to go through security at 2F.

4) yes

5) no time

6) I'm not an AMS expert but I believe you can access the KLM non-schengen lounge. There is only one in this zone (lounge #25, check on a terminal map when you arrive at Schipol). May be you can have a search in the KLM subforum to confirm
Old Feb 21, 2011, 6:05 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Goldorak
here are the answers to your questions :
1) it is impossible to know which gate will be used. They are assigned a few hours before. You have to keep in mind that it's even not guaranteed that you'll arrive at 2E from JFK. In your case, you can arrive at any non-Schengen terminal AF is using, i.e. 2E, 2F2 or 2C. You asked about the possibility to be parked at a remote gate and be bussed to the terminal : yes, it's possible but, for AF long-haul flights, it's becoming more and more rare (10-15%)

2) yes

3) yes, just walk (even if you arrive in 2C, just clear immigration there as if you were ending your trip in Paris and walk to 2F. It will be no more than 10 min). You will have to go through security at 2F.

4) yes

5) no time

6) I'm not an AMS expert but I believe you can access the KLM non-schengen lounge. There is only one in this zone (lounge #25, check on a terminal map when you arrive at Schipol). May be you can have a search in the KLM subforum to confirm
Thank you very much, Goldorak. So it happened just as you mentioned - we landed in 2C and it was an easy walk to 2F. Not only did I make it in time, I was able to shower in the 2F lounge which was right opposite the gate from where my connecting flight was leaving.

I must say that CDG has improved significantly...it looks good and there are signs pointing to the right places everywhere. Everything was smooth.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by YesLetsDiscuss
Thank you very much, Goldorak. So it happened just as you mentioned - we landed in 2C and it was an easy walk to 2F. Not only did I make it in time, I was able to shower in the 2F lounge which was right opposite the gate from where my connecting flight was leaving.

I must say that CDG has improved significantly...it looks good and there are signs pointing to the right places everywhere. Everything was smooth.
You're very welcome
I'm glad you made it without pb and that you even had time for shower at 2F. I agree with you that CDG has improved a lot these last years. But there is still room for more improvements
Old Feb 25, 2011, 2:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I agree with you that CDG has improved a lot these last years. But there is still room for more improvements
I think the major improvement concerns signs, which are a lot bigger then they used to and quite well placed. Especially in Terminal 2.

However, the RER Station in Roissyple is a mess, people are always looking on ways to go to Terminal 1 and Terminal 3.

Terminal 1 needs also adjustments. When you arrive from the Roissybus (coming from Paris) and you want to go to CDGVAL, it currently points you to a path that makes you do 3/4 of the terminal, wheras going the other way ables you to reach CDGVAL station in 20 meters :|
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:29 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Mokshu
I think the major improvement concerns signs, which are a lot bigger then they used to and quite well placed. Especially in Terminal 2.

However, the RER Station in Roissyple is a mess, people are always looking on ways to go to Terminal 1 and Terminal 3.

Terminal 1 needs also adjustments. When you arrive from the Roissybus (coming from Paris) and you want to go to CDGVAL, it currently points you to a path that makes you do 3/4 of the terminal, wheras going the other way ables you to reach CDGVAL station in 20 meters :|
Isn't CDG1 off-topic for this Air France forum? Roissypole is indeed valid for AF Headquarters.

CDGVAL, 2E and S3 should not be forgotten as major improvements IMHO.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:29 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Just one quick question,

can I access the business lounge with shower at CDG when flying Premium Voyager and being skyteam elite+ ?

coming from non-schengen and going to schengen,
in two weeks back from schengen going to non-schengen

thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.