Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:29 pm

How difficult is a 1:45 connection from 2F (Schengen) to 2E? Also, is there any way to tell which concourse at 2E you're flight would be in?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by USAflyer
How difficult is a 1:45 connection from 2F (Schengen) to 2E? Also, is there any way to tell which concourse at 2E you're flight would be in?
1:45 is more than enough time. 2F to 2E is a very easy and rapid connection. There is no way to know in advance from which 2E concourse you will depart (except A380 flights which all depart from satellite S3).
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:46 am

Will i need any money at the airport? For example to pay for the shuttle (form 2E to 2E) or somethink else?

Thank you.
Tomas
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:47 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by pruzkaty
Will i need any money at the airport? For example to pay for the shuttle (form 2E to 2E) or somethink else?

Thank you.
Tomas
Err, no. It is free of charge.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:36 pm

I had 1 hour connection time from 2E to 2B, my plane landed 35 minutes late and I missed my connection. It took me 30 minutes from my arriving gate in 2E to get to the departing gate in 2B (including cutting in front of other people at the security check in 2B). I missed the plane by literaly 5 minutes.

However, I was impressed by Air France's customer service. They booked me on the next flight out no questions asked (even considering my first segment was purchased on Delta, the 2nd on Air France, both on the same ticket though). I also asked to make a phone call and they gave me a free calling card worth 10 minutes of international calls to land lines or 5 minutes to mobile phones. I only used 1 or 2 minutes of mobile phone airtime, if anyone wants the PIN on this card please PM me (I think it only works from France, but it should work from any France Telecom phone toll free and even mobile phones - the card says their platform will call your mobile phone back).

And speaking of pay phones in CDG, at least in 2D and 2F, about half were coin operated, half were card operated.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 4:27 am

ABZ-CDG-IAH with 1.25 hr layover in CDG question

The small problem is the Aberdeen to CDG flight, which ends up on some side runway and we are shuttled into 2E. There is never a gate at 2E for us.

AF 5553 ABZ - CDG arrives 09:05 AM
AF 0636 CDG - IAH - leaves at 10:30 AM.

So after we arrive at CDG, we are shuttled to 2E, which is fortunate as our flight to Houston leaves from 2E.. The itinerary says on the Houston flight that check in closes at 09:30.

1. Must we re-check in for the US flight?
2. Must we go through another layer of security?
3. Must we claim our bags (or will they go right through?)
4. Will we make it?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Bomjeito; Jun 18, 2010 at 4:47 am Reason: Typo on Aberdeen flight number.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Bomjeito

1. Must we re-check in for the US flight?
2. Must we go through another layer of security?
3. Must we claim our bags (or will they go right through?)
4. Will we make it?

Thank you in advance.
1. No. You should be checked in for both your flights at once. If you don't get two boarding passes, ask.
2. Yes.
3. No, they will go right through. Again, if you are nervous about this, ask in Aberdeen.
4. Probably. A lot depends on if your incoming flight is on time.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Flying from GOT-CDG-IAD in PV. Will I have access to the fast track in CDG or must I go thru the cattle call like everyone else?

Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: DM/3MM
After all these years of transiting CDG I should know better, but...I'm using 2G for the first time, and wanted to know the fastest way to get there with a tight connection. Flying JFK-CDG-GOT, AF7 arriving at 8:35am, leaving on AF3220 at 9:45. Am traveling on the upper deck if that makes any difference.

Also, last time I had a tight connection (though due to a late AF inbound), reps met us at the plane and drove us to the next flight. Do they still do that? Thanks much.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 1:48 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Also, last time I had a tight connection (though due to a late AF inbound), reps met us at the plane and drove us to the next flight. Do they still do that? Thanks much.
There is a shuttle bus between 2E and 2G, which in theory picks up passengers every four minutes.

And yes, they will drive you from flight to flight for very tight connections, but with an hour (give or take) between planes, you will make it on your own. They will magically appear to whisk you away (in my experience this happens when delays reduce your connection times to under half an hour). If you have any sort of priority status (flying business, elite plus status on Skyteam) use the Accčs Nş 1 lines for passport control and security. But even without it, you should make it, but you won't have loads of time to spare.

Last edited by vincentinparis; Jun 24, 2010 at 2:07 am
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Thanks. I assume that since you mention clearing security, that the bus doesn't stay airside?
Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:42 pm

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Thanks. I assume that since you mention clearing security, that the bus doesn't stay airside?
You're entering Schengen so I am pretty sure you'll go through immigration in 2E. Can someone else confirm that?
Old Jun 26, 2010, 1:56 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by vincentinparis
You're entering Schengen so I am pretty sure you'll go through immigration in 2E. Can someone else confirm that?
Definitely.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:06 am

What is the best way to get from CDG to Versailles?

hotel told me that the only option is TAXI, which will cost over 100euros... Any other ways?
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Green_eyes
hotel told me that the only option is TAXI, which will cost over 100euros... Any other ways?
It would be useful to have some additional information in order to be able to give you sound advice, such as:

- day of the week
- time of the day
- whether it is holiday time or not
- type and number of pieces of baggage
- number of people travelling

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.