Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by michael_v
After further review, it appears that I will be arriving in 2E and departing from 2B. By looking at the easycdg dot com schedule maps, these two are in opposite ends of terminal 2 and it appears that the only option would be the yellow shuttle, but that runs every 20 minutes (?!?!) and it is unclear if it goes in both directions or just one way along the terminals.

So, given my 1 hour layover time, would you suggest taking the shuttle or walking and going through passport control? I will be arriving at 11:25 am and the connecting flight is at 12:25 pm.

Thanks.
IMO this is a very iffy connection.
IF the DL flight is on time and you have checked in by internet the OTP flight and you have no luggage, you could make it. That is assuming that you quickly get a shuttle. Going thru immigration in and out means that you can take a more frequent bus, but not a great save if any. Of course, you could run from 2E to 2B, but it will take you some time.
Given the ash cloud situation, NA flights tend to be delayed, so it seems a risky transfer.
Old May 14, 2010, 4:30 am

I am flying AF Man-Bkk return. The Man flights arrive and depart from 2E and the Bkk flights from 2F. The AF website tells me to take the shuttle bus for both connections which are both just over 1 hour but a previous bad experience with the shuttle between different terminals makes me want to walk if that is possible. Please confirm whether walking is an option and if so I would be very grateful from your experience if you would advise me to shuttle or walk?
Many thanks
Old May 15, 2010, 3:05 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by duan
I am flying AF Man-Bkk return. s
It's a very easy walk from 2E to 2F and back. Allow yourself ten minutes, but you'll do it in considerably less.
Old May 16, 2010, 10:16 pm

Many thanks for the quick response. If my Manchester flight arrives
at gates E51-76 do I need to catch the shuttle train to gates E21-47 before walking to 2F or can I walk straight from gates E51-76 to 2F and vice versa and is the walking route clearly signposted?
I greatly appreciate your kind help.
Old May 17, 2010, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Many thanks for the quick response. If my Manchester flight arrives
at gates E51-76 do I need to catch the shuttle train to gates E21-47 before walking to 2F or can I walk straight from gates E51-76 to 2F and vice versa and is the walking route clearly signposted?
I greatly appreciate your kind help.
No, if you arrive at E51-76, you don't need to take the train but it's better to use the moving walkway which is parallell to the train but on the 2F terminal side (I don't know if I'm clear !). Anyway, it's clearly indicated (I did this connection last week in 15 min)
Old May 17, 2010, 4:23 am

Many thanks for the swift response. Do I use a similar moving walkway in the opposite direction from 2F to E51-76? Presumably I do not need to use these moving walkways if my Manchester flight arrives/departs E21-47?
I am very grateful for all this excellent advice.
Old May 17, 2010, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Many thanks for the swift response.
I am very grateful for all this excellent advice.
You are very welcome

Do I use a similar moving walkway in the opposite direction from 2F to E51-76?
Yes. Keep also in mind that arrival from BKK is normally scheduled at 2F but you may also arrive at 2E or 2C (last february, I arrived at 2E from BKK). It would be nice for you if you arrive at 2E to connect in the same terminal

Presumably I do not need to use these moving walkways if my Manchester flight arrives/departs E21-47?
Right ^ Follow the signs for your gate
Old May 18, 2010, 4:23 am

Many thanks for all your help and knowing my luck at CDG the BKK flight will probably arrive late at 2C leaving my successful connection at the mercy of the shuttle bus
Old May 18, 2010, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Many thanks for all your help and knowing my luck at CDG the BKK flight will probably arrive late at 2C leaving my successful connection at the mercy of the shuttle bus
BKK-CDG flight is rarely late in my experience, so don't worry
Old May 30, 2010, 3:35 am

Hi,
I am new to this website. I am flying EDI-MIA via CDG on the 22nd June. My first flight arrives at CDG at 09:20am and I depart for MIA at 11:15am. I done this route last year and we arrived at what looked like a satellite terminal (which I noticed a lot of Cityjet/Air France UK flights depart from) and we needed a bus to get to the main terminal. The overall transfer (including security), took about 1 hour but if you imagine the time it took to get to the main terminal we only had about 10 minutes to get the second flight. What are the normal transfer times now for UK-US flights as I would like to have time to sit down and relax before getting on the second flight(very tiring after getting a 06:10am flight from EDI).
Old May 30, 2010, 4:18 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by GAZF1nut
Hi,
I am new to this website. I am flying EDI-MIA via CDG on the 22nd June. My first flight arrives at CDG at 09:20am and I depart for MIA at 11:15am. I done this route last year and we arrived at what looked like a satellite terminal (which I noticed a lot of Cityjet/Air France UK flights depart from) and we needed a bus to get to the main terminal. The overall transfer (including security), took about 1 hour but if you imagine the time it took to get to the main terminal we only had about 10 minutes to get the second flight. What are the normal transfer times now for UK-US flights as I would like to have time to sit down and relax before getting on the second flight(very tiring after getting a 06:10am flight from EDI).
I am afraid this has not changed much. The reason your plane is parked near terminal 2G is that your EDI-CDG flight is operated by Cityjet with a regional aircraft. Connections to the US when arriving on a mainline aircraft from the UK are much nicer as both flights use terminal 2E.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 10:43 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
New baggage storage facility at the centre of CDG2

In partnership with Bagages du monde, who has been operating left baggage storage for several years at CDG, ADP has opened a new centralized storage facility located close to the CDGVAL station at CDG2, open daily from 06:00 to 21:30.

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/R...ageservice.pdf
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:07 pm

CDG help, please. Short connection.

I'm arriving CDG from Houston on Continental at 8:15 am and connecting to Austrian Air (AF share code) at 10:25 am bound for VIenna. I am checking one bag. I suppose I'll need to clear customs/immigration, claim my bag, proceed to Austrian Air (Terminal 2D???) check in and then go through security again. Is this doable? I leave in two days, so prompt replies will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

Originally Posted by SoCalTraveler14
I'm arriving CDG from Houston on Continental at 8:15 am and connecting to Austrian Air (AF share code) at 10:25 am bound for VIenna. I am checking one bag. I suppose I'll need to clear customs/immigration, claim my bag, proceed to Austrian Air (Terminal 2D???) check in and then go through security again. Is this doable? I leave in two days, so prompt replies will be greatly appreciated.
No, unlike the US, you will not need to claim your checked bag. You will clear immigration, but this is nothing like the possible waits in the US.

You will indeed clear security again at the terminal from which your flight is leaving, which looks like 2D.

In short, it should be no problem at all.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi,

No, unlike the US, you will not need to claim your checked bag. You will clear immigration, but this is nothing like the possible waits in the US.

You will indeed clear security again at the terminal from which your flight is leaving, which looks like 2D.

In short, it should be no problem at all.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Unfortunately, Continental and Air France/Austrian Air are not in the same alliance. These two legs are separately ticketed and I must claim my bag at AFand recheck it at AUstrian Air counter - or is there some way I can avoid this????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.