Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Thanks very much, jbcarioca and Goldorak. On Day 1, our flight is scheduled to arrive into CDG at 11:25am, so hopefully the showers will have cleared out by then. Cheers!
Old May 2, 2010, 2:51 am

Hi,

I think I have same question as other people, arriving at 2D at 9:20am and departing from 2E with 1h10min for transfer, first flight is 95% On time or with average delay of 8 minutes, I think we could do it, but I have 2 options for transfer - walk or take a shuttle via restricted area (directly from 2D to 2E) - found it http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common...ndance_cdg.htm . Transfer via shuttle looks more easier, because I don't need to leave restricted area and then again go for security check.

Do you think it is good idea ?
Old May 2, 2010, 6:24 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by charlie2025
Hi,

I think I have same question as other people, arriving at 2D at 9:20am and departing from 2E with 1h10min for transfer, first flight is 95% On time or with average delay of 8 minutes, I think we could do it, but I have 2 options for transfer - walk or take a shuttle via restricted area (directly from 2D to 2E) - found it http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common...ndance_cdg.htm . Transfer via shuttle looks more easier, because I don't need to leave restricted area and then again go for security check.

Do you think it is good idea ?
You still have to go through security, even with the shuttle. Still, the shuttle is a good option provided passport check in 2D isn't overcrowded; if it is, walking landside would be my choice.
Old May 2, 2010, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
You still have to go through security, even with the shuttle. Still, the shuttle is a good option provided passport check in 2D isn't overcrowded; if it is, walking landside would be my choice.
so when using shuttle, I get off plane, go throught passport check to schuttle, at 2e go throught security check and then go to departure gate ?

sorry if it is stupid question, I have never done plane-changes in different terminals

Last edited by charlie2025; May 2, 2010 at 7:06 am
Old May 2, 2010, 8:30 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by charlie2025
so when using shuttle, I get off plane, go throught passport check to schuttle, at 2e go throught security check and then go to departure gate.
Pretty good summary ! Enjoy your flights
Old May 2, 2010, 1:32 pm

Pretty good summary ! Enjoy your flights
Ok, thank you
Old May 8, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I have been trying to figure out the lounge situation at CDG but the more I read the more I get confused.

I will be flying into terminal 2E at the end of May (coming off MSP-CDG on Delta in business class). There apparently is a lounge downstairs, on the left, after passport control. It apparently has showers. However, it is apparently NOT an arrivals lounge? And the Air France website doesn't list it specifically, although the Skyteam & Delta websites do (list it as an Air France lounge)?

Can anyone clarify
A. where exactly to look for this lounge in 2E
B. whether the 2E lounge will work for me? I am looking for a shower, something to eat, and a place to sit and relax for a bit.

Thanks for your help!
Old May 8, 2010, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I think that the AF website is quite clear about arrival lounge at CDG. The only one is in terminal 2C.
Of course, there are many AF lounges in the various terminals, but these are for departures. You can only access them if you have a continuation flight ex-CDG. Once you disembark from 2E and terminate in Paris, you cannot access the departure lounges for security reasons. Similar situation at most airports in the world.
Old May 8, 2010, 3:23 pm

To clarify, I do have a continuing flight, but it's not until evening.

However, I thought I had read elsewhere that the arrival lounge in 2C is only accessible if you are arriving in 2C.

So, am I just SOL on using a lounge?
Old May 8, 2010, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
To clarify, I do have a continuing flight, but it's not until evening.

However, I thought I had read elsewhere that the arrival lounge in 2C is only accessible if you are arriving in 2C.

So, am I just SOL on using a lounge?
The arrival lounge in 2C is landside and can be used when arriving on any long-haul flight, whether at 2C, 2E or 2F2. It does require being able to enter France.
Old May 8, 2010, 7:53 pm

The arrival lounge in 2C is landside and can be used when arriving on any long-haul flight, whether at 2C, 2E or 2F2. It does require being able to enter France.
Thanks for the clarification! What's the easiest way to get from 2E to 2C?
Old May 9, 2010, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
Thanks for the clarification! What's the easiest way to get from 2E to 2C?
walking
Old May 11, 2010, 1:51 pm

I will be flying from SLC into 2E then connect to OTP in either 2F or 2B. I am sorry if this has been asked before, but will I need to go through both passport control AND security check to enter 2F or 2B? Even if I take the shuttle inside the "restricted area"?

I only have 1 hour layover time in CDG and I am getting a little nervous, based on what I have read here and the volcanic cloud issue.

Perhaps I should try the volcanic cloud excuse and change itinerary to go through Amsterdam instead, has anyone tried that?
Old May 11, 2010, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
I will be flying from SLC into 2E then connect to OTP in either 2F or 2B. I am sorry if this has been asked before, but will I need to go through both passport control AND security check to enter 2F or 2B? Even if I take the shuttle inside the "restricted area"?
Just security if you take the airside shuttle.

I only have 1 hour layover time in CDG and I am getting a little nervous, based on what I have read here and the volcanic cloud issue.

Perhaps I should try the volcanic cloud excuse and change itinerary to go through Amsterdam instead, has anyone tried that?
I am afraid it won't work, given the current meteorological outlook, unless your ticket is flexible.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:39 am

After further review, it appears that I will be arriving in 2E and departing from 2B. By looking at the easycdg dot com schedule maps, these two are in opposite ends of terminal 2 and it appears that the only option would be the yellow shuttle, but that runs every 20 minutes (?!?!) and it is unclear if it goes in both directions or just one way along the terminals.

So, given my 1 hour layover time, would you suggest taking the shuttle or walking and going through passport control? I will be arriving at 11:25 am and the connecting flight is at 12:25 pm.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.