Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2008, 8:42 am

Follow up on Terminal 2A to 2F

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
From 2A to 2E:
You have two options, either take the bus that goes around the terminals or walk. It can get rather busy at the bus stop in the mornings, but you have plenty of time to connect.
Thanks, Genevaflyer - I think I asked my question in a confusing way. I'm trying to get from 2A to 2F (connecting flight to TLS). Is it still best to take the bus? If I walk, will I be able to avoid leaving the "controlled area."

For the return:
I presume that you mean from 2D to 2A as you are going back on CO again. For this one, I would say walk. The distance between the two terminals is not enormous, and it will save you the bus waits.
You're right that I need to get from 2D to 2A coming back. Walking looks easy for that one.

Thanks again,
Meg33

Last edited by JOUY31; Sep 28, 2008 at 8:50 am Reason: / added to closing [quote] clause for clarity
Old Sep 28, 2008, 8:48 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Meg33
nk I asked my question in a confusing way. I'm trying to get from 2A to 2F (connecting flight to TLS). Is it still best to take the bus? If I walk, will I be able to avoid leaving the "controlled area."
Walking from 2A to 2F for a flight to TLS requires at most a 15mn walk. Waiting for a bus could easily take half that time. In addition, whether you walk or take the bus, you will need to clear security to enter the gate area in 2F. So, I would personally recommend walking.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Walking from 2A to 2F for a flight to TLS requires at most a 15mn walk. Waiting for a bus could easily take half that time. In addition, whether you walk or take the bus, you will need to clear security to enter the gate area in 2F. So, I would personally recommend walking.
Thanks, JOUY31; I always prefer walking!
Old Sep 28, 2008, 2:42 pm

Another CDG transfer - T2E to T1?

Sorry to be a pest, but I have a worrisome connection coming up in November. I used points to join my husband on a business trip to Prague, but couldn't get on the last leg from CDG to PRG. So, I found a decent LH flight but do I have enough time for this connection, given that LH leaves out of T1:

Delta/Air France arrive 2E at 6:10 am

I found LH at 9:20 am, change planes in Frankfurt, arrive PRG by 1:10 pm.

(There is also an 8:15 am through Munich, but that seemed too short given that I am not connecting).

Many thanks!
Meg33
Old Sep 28, 2008, 3:30 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Meg33
Sorry to be a pest, but I have a worrisome connection coming up in November. I used points to join my husband on a business trip to Prague, but couldn't get on the last leg from CDG to PRG. So, I found a decent LH flight but do I have enough time for this connection, given that LH leaves out of T1:

Delta/Air France arrive 2E at 6:10 am

I found LH at 9:20 am, change planes in Frankfurt, arrive PRG by 1:10 pm.

(There is also an 8:15 am through Munich, but that seemed too short given that I am not connecting).

Many thanks!
Meg33
It should not be a problem. Walk from 2E to the TGV station (5mn). The CDG VAL (automated shuttle) station is 1mn away and the ride to T1 takes 8mn (1 shuttle every 4-5mn from 4:30 AM). You should be fine.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
It should not be a problem. Walk from 2E to the TGV station (5mn). The CDG VAL (automated shuttle) station is 1mn away and the ride to T1 takes 8mn (1 shuttle every 4-5mn from 4:30 AM). You should be fine.
That's a relief - thanks again!
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:13 am

Location: The high ground in Swamp 205 miles east of the Dungeon (IAH B-84)
Programs: CO Plat / Hilton Gold / RCL Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi,

1) You will go through immigration before leaving 2A.

2) Yes, you enter into the Schengen area (technically speaking, you are entering France, which happens to be in Schengen, as you will be taking a domestic French flight)

Customs will be at NCE if your luggage has been checked through.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Similar question: we are IAH-CDG arriving CO-10 @ 1045 (hopefully) and departing AF 1748 CDG to BCN @ 1235 which gives us 1 hour 50 min. 28 Nov 08 Departing thanks giving day arriving CDG on Friday morn. The CO flight arrives @ 2A so it looks like we go through immigration before leaving 2A as described above.

Next we go to 2F to depart on AF 1648. (international zone the longest walk from 2A?) If we checked baggage through in IAH, will we have to claim it and re-check in CDG or will it go straight through? What are the chances it will make the 1H 50M connection from CO-10 to AF-1648? Is it best to wait for the bus or walk? How far is the walk? Will we have to clear security when we reach 2F international zone? can the trip through security be avoided by walking or riding the bus? Will CO gold be any help in immigration lines @ 2A and security lines @ 2F?

Also is it possible to get seat assignments on AF 1648 before arrival @ CDG and do CO-Golds get any special preferance with seat assignments?
Old Oct 2, 2008, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Lafayetteflyer
Similar question: we are IAH-CDG arriving CO-10 @ 1045 (hopefully) and departing AF 1748 CDG to BCN @ 1235 which gives us 1 hour 50 min. 28 Nov 08 Departing thanks giving day arriving CDG on Friday morn. The CO flight arrives @ 2A so it looks like we go through immigration before leaving 2A as described above.

Next we go to 2F to depart on AF 1648. (international zone the longest walk from 2A?) If we checked baggage through in IAH, will we have to claim it and re-check in CDG or will it go straight through?
It will go straight through
What are the chances it will make the 1H 50M connection from CO-10 to AF-1648?
Far better than a 45mn connection. Overall, it should not be a problem.

Is it best to wait for the bus or walk? How far is the walk?
It should be a 15mn walk at a leisurely pace. I would recommend walking.

Will we have to clear security when we reach 2F international zone? can the trip through security be avoided by walking or riding the bus?
You always need to clear security when departing from CDG, whether you are transferring or not, whether you are on an international or domestic flight.

Will CO gold be any help in immigration lines @ 2A and security lines @ 2F?
It should help you enter the fast track security line in 2F (Acces n°1). I am not familiar with the current setup in 2A.

Also is it possible to get seat assignments on AF 1648 before arrival @ CDG and do CO-Golds get any special preferance with seat assignments?
No personal experience here.

Enjoy your flights
Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:43 am

Meeting at CDG 2F

Hi, I am going to Pairs by Eurostar from London and will be reaching CDG airport RER station at around 00:30. My GF is oming through Air France flight at 04:00 AM at terminal 2F. Can you please tell me some meeting point which we both can find easily, may be some arrival hall on landside where I can wait also?
Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If it were me I would enjoy myself in Paris til 3am, then take a taxi to the airport and meet her in 2F arrivals.

I've used the McDonalds in one of the arrival halls as a 6am meeting point once. I don't know if it is open at 4am. Check the CDG website.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:21 am

Thanks for quick reply. Is 2F arrivals a unique way to exit terminal or there are many gates to exit. I was seeing the map of 2F at CDG website, I can see some gates marked 2.0-2.18 are these exit gates?
Appreciate your help.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ankurjain.iitd
Thanks for quick reply. Is 2F arrivals a unique way to exit terminal or there are many gates to exit. I was seeing the map of 2F at CDG website, I can see some gates marked 2.0-2.18 are these exit gates?
Appreciate your help.
Where is she flying in from? Shengen or non? I vaguely recall there are two exits from 2F, one for each. In any case there are TV monitors outside each exit door that will tell you which flights are arriving at that door.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Where is she flying in from? Shengen or non? I vaguely recall there are two exits from 2F, one for each. In any case there are TV monitors outside each exit door that will tell you which flights are arriving at that door.
Actually, there is only one exit from the baggage carousel area in 2F, with Schengen and non-Schengen flights arriving each from one side of the area. Technically, there is another exit on the departures floor that is used only when you are connecting to a Schengen flight: you are actually led back into the public area, so it could be considered an exit, too .
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:36 am

awesome .. I feel more comfortable with this now. Yeah she is coming from non schengen (Tokyo). Thanks for helping guys.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

mobile.airfrance.com

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the AF Mobile website has a CDG transfer helper. Both in French and English. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.