Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:49 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to find my answer -- it could be in this thread....but my searches haven't found it yet
Question 1: How do I know if I have to change terminals? The connection is CDG to LHR. The itin is FCO CDG LHR LAX. I have it on hold as an award that I need to ticket tonite.

Question 2: IF the one hour change time at CDG is too short and we miss the connection to LHR, will it be terribly difficult to get put onto another flight to LHR?
DH is concerned about the one hour connection. I told him the 'good thing' (sort of) is that all the flights are on AF (albeit award seats using DL miles) and they would have to get us home somehow... There IS one more NS from CDG to LHR, tho it would then leave us with :35 to connect @ LHR...

Flight details (next June):

FCO-CDG #1205 departing @ 10:20 am (1 hr layover)
CDG-LHR #1480 departing @ 1:30 pm (3:15 layover)
LHR-LAX #60 departing @ 5 pm

In the end, these are the best options to get home from FCO and it seems every option (online anyway) is vis CDG... Thanks for any help
1) The current situation (which may change until next June, but this is unlikely)
- FCO-CDG arrives in 2F
- CDG-LHR leaves from 2E
- 1 hour connection is short, but doable; personally, I prefer to have a longer connection in case of a late arrival from FCO

2) There are only seven flights a day between CDG and LHR, but you should be reaccomodated without a problem. I don't know whether 35mn is a legal connection in whichever terminal (probably T4) AF will be next June in LHR.

Overall, I would recommend taking the earlier FCO-CDG flight at 7:20 instead of the 10:20 flight.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:57 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
We are not business class -- so that does drastically change the plan???
Well, you are not entitled to use the fast track Elite or Premium immigration and security lines located to the left in 2E. You can use the fast track line located to the right for flights that will close soon.

Personally, I think this makes your one hour connection more risky and I would strongly recommend taking the earlier flight from FCO.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
2a-2F transfer

Have 3 hours to get from Terminal 2A (EWR-CDG) to 2F (CDG-NCE). Not really worried about transfer time, but two questions:

1) Where does immigration/customs happen? At 2A or 2F or somewhere in between?

2) Am I correct in assuming the transfer is into the Schengen area?

Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2008, 10:58 am

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
Exclamation 2D to 2E

I'm going to New York and have been booked on a flight from Copenhagen to Paris and Paris to New York with only 1h 10min apart is it possible to do it, I need to get from Terminal 2D to Terminal 2E?

Last edited by Jonasdk; Aug 15, 2008 at 10:59 am Reason: Typing error.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
1) The current situation (which may change until next June, but this is unlikely)
- FCO-CDG arrives in 2F
- CDG-LHR leaves from 2E
- 1 hour connection is short, but doable; personally, I prefer to have a longer connection in case of a late arrival from FCO

2) There are only seven flights a day between CDG and LHR, but you should be reaccomodated without a problem. I don't know whether 35mn is a legal connection in whichever terminal (probably T4) AF will be next June in LHR.

Overall, I would recommend taking the earlier FCO-CDG flight at 7:20 instead of the 10:20 flight.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 2:36 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Have 3 hours to get from Terminal 2A (EWR-CDG) to 2F (CDG-NCE). Not really worried about transfer time, but two questions:

1) Where does immigration/customs happen? At 2A or 2F or somewhere in between?

2) Am I correct in assuming the transfer is into the Schengen area?

Thanks
1) You will go through immigration before leaving 2A.

2) Yes, you enter into the Schengen area (technically speaking, you are entering France, which happens to be in Schengen, as you will be taking a domestic French flight)

Customs will be at NCE if your luggage has been checked through.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Aug 24, 2008, 4:06 pm

2E to 2F

We are on AF flight arriving from Miami at 2E at 8:10 and departing for Barcelona at 9:35 from 2F.

Directions show taking a tranfer shuttle, but Can We Walk between the two? Any idea how long it would take....looks like we have to go thru Security on the way.

Thanks for any input,
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by message4u
We are on AF flight arriving from Miami at 2E at 8:10 and departing for Barcelona at 9:35 from 2F.

Directions show taking a tranfer shuttle, but Can We Walk between the two? Any idea how long it would take....looks like we have to go thru Security on the way.

Thanks for any input,
5 min. walk between exiting customs at 2E and arriving at security checkpoint at 2F (7 min., if you walk at a leisurely pace).
Old Aug 25, 2008, 5:43 pm

Thank you so much for the info KLouis. We are speed walkers!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 2:38 am

Is there an up-to-date map of 2E and S3 online?
The CDG airport website still has most of 2E grayed out.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 3:32 am

2C->2F transfer

I will be arriving at terminal 2C (AF191), my connecting flight to AMS (KL1230) is from terminal 2F. I have about 1hr 40min to connect.
Few questions:
1. Do I need to clear immigration and customs?
2. If 1 is true then how much time do I need to make this connection?
3. What is the best way to reach 2F from 2C by walk (if at all possible) or take shuttle?

Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by I Fly Delta Jets
I will be arriving at terminal 2C (AF191), my connecting flight to AMS (KL1230) is from terminal 2F. I have about 1hr 40min to connect.
Few questions:
1. Do I need to clear immigration and customs?
2. If 1 is true then how much time do I need to make this connection?
3. What is the best way to reach 2F from 2C by walk (if at all possible) or take shuttle?

Thanks.
1. Immmigration : yes - customs : only carry-ons
2. once you have cleared immigration in 2C, it is a 10-15mn walk to security check in 2F. Once you have cleared security in 2F, it is a 5-10mn walk to the gate.
3. walk

Enjoy your flights

Last edited by JOUY31; Sep 20, 2008 at 3:49 am
Old Sep 20, 2008, 6:44 am

Thanks a lot JOUY31 for quick and detailed reply ^

Originally Posted by JOUY31
1. Immmigration : yes - customs : only carry-ons
2. once you have cleared immigration in 2C, it is a 10-15mn walk to security check in 2F. Once you have cleared security in 2F, it is a 5-10mn walk to the gate.
3. walk

Enjoy your flights
Old Sep 26, 2008, 8:22 am

Gearing up to face CDG next week and am so glad I found this website. I've printed maps, I now understand what the [I]Schengen Zone[I] is and I know to wear running shoes!

I have read all the messages, gasp, but am still a tad confused. I am on Continental on the following flights departing next Friday:
GN NEWARK EWR
(EWR) 6:15PM PARIS/CDG
(CDG) 7:45AM (04OCT) 777-200 Dinner

Sat, 04OCT08 AF7782 X PARIS/CDG
(CDG) 10:25AM TOULOUSE FR.
(TLS) 11:45AM

Tue, 14OCT08 AF7663 X MARSEILLE
(MRS) 10:45AM PARIS/CDG
(CDG) 12:15PM

Tue, 14OCT08 CO55 GN PARIS/CDG
(CDG) 1:40PM NEWARK EWR
(EWR) 4:30PM

I assumed I would be coming into 2E, but on the Continental website it tells me that they come into 2A. It looks like the terminal for AF to Toulouse is
2F, while on my return trip from MRS, I think I come into 2D. So, my first question is how to get from 2A to 2F. On the return, how to get from 2D to 2F. Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:53 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by Meg33
I assumed I would be coming into 2E, but on the Continental website it tells me that they come into 2A. It looks like the terminal for AF to Toulouse is
2F, while on my return trip from MRS, I think I come into 2D. So, my first question is how to get from 2A to 2F. On the return, how to get from 2D to 2F. Thanks for your help.
From 2A to 2E:
You have two options, either take the bus that goes around the terminals or walk. It can get rather busy at the bus stop in the mornings, but you have plenty of time to connect.

For the return:
I presume that you mean from 2D to 2A as you are going back on CO again. For this one, I would say walk. The distance between the two terminals is not enormous, and it will save you the bus waits.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.