Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:44 pm

A follow up question, if I can -- is there any way to tell whether AF is recognizing my sky team elite status by virtue of another program? I have some inter-EU trips in coach and I've entered my FF number ok, but it still shows that I am entitled to one bag and there's nothing else to indicate it's recognizing my sky team status. I don't suppose it matters too much, although for east of navigating CDG, it would be nice to have "priority" or whatever automatically print on my BP. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by lkar
A follow up question, if I can -- is there any way to tell whether AF is recognizing my sky team elite status by virtue of another program? I have some inter-EU trips in coach and I've entered my FF number ok, but it still shows that I am entitled to one bag and there's nothing else to indicate it's recognizing my sky team status. I don't suppose it matters too much, although for east of navigating CDG, it would be nice to have "priority" or whatever automatically print on my BP. Thanks in advance.
On AF, status would not affect the way your luggage allowance shows on the booking page so no way of knowing for sure your status is correctly captured but no reason to doubt it either.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: Delta GM; Fly Clear; Amex Reserve
I will have an 11 hour layover at CDG with a flight from the US and then the late evening flight to JNB. I booked the tickets as separate legs so i will get my bag after the flight from the US. I plan to pass the time by taking the RER into central Paris. My question is should I re check my bag to the JNB flight very early (10 hours or so prior to departure) or is there a place to store my bag until i return to CDG for the JNB flight? I'm flying in J if that matters - in case there is a special J service to store bags. thank you
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wpxstar
I will have an 11 hour layover at CDG with a flight from the US and then the late evening flight to JNB. I booked the tickets as separate legs so i will get my bag after the flight from the US. I plan to pass the time by taking the RER into central Paris. My question is should I re check my bag to the JNB flight very early (10 hours or so prior to departure) or is there a place to store my bag until i return to CDG for the JNB flight? I'm flying in J if that matters - in case there is a special J service to store bags. thank you
I believe you'll be able to check-in to JNB in the morning in CDG. If not, there is a storage place for bags, just above the RER station in T2 (in front of the Sheraton entrance).
Another possibility, if this all AF and even on separate tickets, you can ask departing the US to have your bags checked all the way to JNB so there will be no need to collect them in CDG. They may refuse but if this all AF, it should be no problem.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta GM; Fly Clear; Amex Reserve
@Goldorak - good suggestion about requesting the bags be checked all the way through. It is all on AF so this should be ok. The one good thing about receiving them in CDG then rechecking is that I have the assurance they at least made it to France!
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Looking for advice from the experts. While I've transited CDG quite a few times recently, I haven't ever switched to a Schengen flight, and have always stayed within 2E.

I have a trip coming up IAD-CDG-ZRH, all in AF business, and it looks like a 2E-2F transfer. 120 min connection time.

From what I can tell, I'll need to clear passport control/customs upon arrival to CDG, and then proceed to 2F and reclear security for the Schengen flight.

1) Is that correct? Are there any other things I should expect?
2) Advice on best use of the connection time? Ideally we'd like to pop into a lounge for a quick shower before the ZRH flight. I'm assuming that the only lounge we'll be able to access is whatever is in our departure terminal (so, sadly, not the 2E Le Parc lounge.. )
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee
Looking for advice from the experts. While I've transited CDG quite a few times recently, I haven't ever switched to a Schengen flight, and have always stayed within 2E.

I have a trip coming up IAD-CDG-ZRH, all in AF business, and it looks like a 2E-2F transfer. 120 min connection time.

From what I can tell, I'll need to clear passport control/customs upon arrival to CDG, and then proceed to 2F and reclear security for the Schengen flight.

2) Advice on best use of the connection time? Ideally we'd like to pop into a lounge for a quick shower before the ZRH flight. I'm assuming that the only lounge we'll be able to access is whatever is in our departure terminal (so, sadly, not the 2E Le Parc lounge.. )
Everything you said is correct. For lounge, only in 2F in your case (not enough time to go to 2C arrival lounge). For the shower, you'll see how much time you have after all the formalities and depending on eventual waiting list.

PS : there's no lounge called "Le parc" in 2E ;-)
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Goldorak

Everything you said is correct. For lounge, only in 2F in your case (not enough time to go to 2C arrival lounge). For the shower, you'll see how much time you have after all the formalities and depending on eventual waiting list.

PS : there's no lounge called "Le parc" in 2E ;-)
Thank you!

Isn't the giant AF lounge in 2E called "Le Parc" or something like that? Or did I totally just name something up based on those lounge chairs in there that I like?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Isn't the giant AF lounge in 2E called "Le Parc" or something like that? Or did I totally just name something up based on those lounge chairs in there that I like?
There are 3 large lounges in 2E (one in each concourse), but unless I'm mistaken, none of them is called like that.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:23 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Hi, i'm flying OSL-NTE on Friday and i'll be transferring via CDG. I know CDG quite well but this is the first time i'll be transferring in CDG (I normally prefer doing transfers in AMS). I'll be arriving into 2G at 19:20 but i'd like to avoid going landside and reclear security at 2F if at all possible. Would i be able to take the airside bus and use the corridor between 2E and 2F?

I'll also need to check bags, will 1h45 be sufficient for interlining bags at CDG?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by joyu12
Would i be able to take the airside bus and use the corridor between 2E and 2F?
No. Because going to 2E means clearing immigration and you won't be allowed to go there without a BP for a flight departing from there.

Originally Posted by joyu12
I'll also need to check bags, will 1h45 be sufficient for interlining bags at CDG?
I understand you are travelling on separate tickets ? In any case, it should be no pb to have your bags checked in OSL to final destination (NTE).
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum
No. Because going to 2E means clearing immigration and you won't be allowed to go there without a BP for a flight departing from there.
That's what i thought but i thought it best to check anyway.

I understand you are travelling on separate tickets ? In any case, it should be no pb to have your bags checked in OSL to final destination (NTE).
It's one reservation (I didn't book the ticket so i wasn't sure) which should make it no problem, as long as the baggage handlers don't lose my bag!
Old May 29, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
TGV to Terminal 2D

Quick question: Am I mad to consider arriving at CDG TGV station at 2101 tomorrow (Friday) for an easyJet flight to London from terminal 2D at 2145?

I will be travelling alone, hand baggage only, boarding pass printed, EU passport, fast walker. I believe the gate closes at 2120.

If I miss it, it's a night in Paris and an expensive flight or Eurostar the next day. But the alternative is two hours earlier, which is inconvenient at the other end.

Edit.

According to this, it's as simple as a lift from the TGV platform to level 4, then moving walkway to terminal 2D.

Last edited by mad_rich; May 29, 2014 at 9:11 am
Old May 29, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mad_rich
TGV to Terminal 2D

Quick question: Am I mad to consider arriving at CDG TGV station at 2101 tomorrow (Friday) for an easyJet flight to London from terminal 2D at 2145?

I will be travelling alone, hand baggage only, boarding pass printed, EU passport, fast walker. I believe the gate closes at 2120.

If I miss it, it's a night in Paris and an expensive flight or Eurostar the next day. But the alternative is two hours earlier, which is inconvenient at the other end.

Edit.

According to this, it's as simple as a lift from the TGV platform to level 4, then moving walkway to terminal 2D.
Yes, completely mad.
Old May 29, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Thanks. I thought I might be...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.