Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Hello,

Originally Posted by Mokshu
My turn to ask questions
What time would you recommend to be at CDG in order to clear security and board (i'll do ICI as I have no luggages) ?
Has anyone used the RER B so early ? Is it reliable ? :P
I always go to CDG in train and have arrived too late once in 150 flights. Road sounds too impredictable to me. Indeed, the RER is quite reliable at that time and in that direction (i.e. from Paris).

Personnally (i.e being reluctant to wake up early ;-) I would take the 6h11 service (6h11 at Châtelet les Halles, also 6h03 at Denfert, 6h14 at Paris Nord among other stations), which arrives CDG2 at 6h44. In the early hours there's a 15min frequency. 15min later is too late as you'll obviously board from a bus gate. 15 min earlier might sound more comfortable if you're not so used to CDG.

Security is 10 min from the train. Then if your passport if Parafes-compatible, that's better.

CDG 2E is quite quiet at that time (at least for departures, for arrivals that's another story...) with only a few short haul flights and you'll be called at a bus gate in the 2E terminal (or from a main gate used as a bus gate but definitely not at S3), a 3-6 min walk from security.

Nico.

Last edited by Nico40; Apr 9, 2012 at 12:07 pm
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by Nico40
Hello,

I always go to CDG in train and have arrived too late once in 150 flights. Road sounds too impredictable to me. Indeed, the RER is quite reliable at that time and in that direction (i.e. from Paris).

Personnally (i.e being reluctant to wake up early ;-) I would take the 6h11 service (6h11 at Châtelet les Halles, also 6h03 at Denfert, 6h14 at Paris Nord among other stations), which arrives CDG2 at 6h44. In the early hours there's a 15min frequency. 15min later is too late as you'll obviously board from a bus gate. 15 min earlier might sound more comfortable if you're not so used to CDG.

Security is 10 min from the train. Then if your passport if Parafes-compatible, that's better.

CDG 2E is quite quiet at that time (at least for departures, for arrivals that's another story...) with only a few short haul flights and you'll be called at a bus gate in the 2E terminal (or from a main gate used as a bus gate but definitely not at S3), a 3-6 min walk from security.

Nico.
Thank you, everything went fine, even though I missed the elevator in the 2E that leads to gates 21-xx, but found it after a while (I love ADP signs).
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:55 am

Lounge question

I'm flying into T2E at CDG and then out of T2F to GVA with a 1:50 layover. Which lounge should I use?

Bobette
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:52 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by b1513
I'm flying into T2E at CDG and then out of T2F to GVA with a 1:50 layover. Which lounge should I use?

Bobette
You can only use the lounge in the terminal from which your onward flight is leaving, in your case, 2F, or the arrivals lounge in 2C. 1h50 seems somewhat short for you to go to the arrivals lounge in 2C and come back to 2F.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
It's been over 10 years since I connected at CDG on AF and I don't remember much except being confused.

Next week I'll be traveling in "Affaires" from ATL to CMN. The ATL flight arrives at Terminal 2E at 8:20 and the flight to CMN departs from Terminal 2F at 13:05.

This should be plenty of time, but what should I expect upon arrival ? How is the best way to get from Terminal 2E to 2F. Is there lounge in 2F? Does it have shower facilities?

What do I need to know for this seemingly easy connection?

Thanks much for any guidance.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by 6P&E
It's been over 10 years since I connected at CDG on AF and I don't remember much except being confused.

Next week I'll be traveling in "Affaires" from ATL to CMN. The ATL flight arrives at Terminal 2E at 8:20 and the flight to CMN departs from Terminal 2F at 13:05.

This should be plenty of time, but what should I expect upon arrival ? How is the best way to get from Terminal 2E to 2F. Is there lounge in 2F? Does it have shower facilities?

What do I need to know for this seemingly easy connection?

Thanks much for any guidance.
This is an easy non-Shengen to non-Schengen connection, so no immigration to clear if you stay airside, just security. Check your gate on the monitors when you land and follow the signs for your gate. If you arrive at the main pier of 2E, the transfer will be by bus. If you arrive at satellite S3 of term 2E, there is a moving walkway. For security, as you are flying J, you can use the fast track lanes labelled "Sky Priority / Accčs No1".
Yes, there is a lounge in 2F with showers.

Alternate plan, as you have plenty of time, is to exit 2E as if you were ending your trip in Paris and walk to 2C (landside) to go to the AF arrival lounge which has nicer shower facilities and where you can have nice breakfast too. This means of course passing immigration twice (to enter and then after to leave the Schengen area) and is OK only if you don't need any visa to enter France. And then, when you're finished there, walk to 2F, clear immigration and security and proceed to 2F departure lounge.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:48 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
Another question about Terminal 2E. Upon arrival and after claiming luggage, I need to go up to the departure level. Aside from the lifts, is there also an escalator that one could take instead?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by menton1
Another question about Terminal 2E. Upon arrival and after claiming luggage, I need to go up to the departure level. Aside from the lifts, is there also an escalator that one could take instead?
yes, just in front of you when you reach the public area after customs (where people are waiting for arriving pax).
Just curious : what's wrong with the lifts ?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 5:33 am

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is an easy non-Shengen to non-Schengen connection, so no immigration to clear if you stay airside, just security. Check your gate on the monitors when you land and follow the signs for your gate. If you arrive at the main pier of 2E, the transfer will be by bus. If you arrive at satellite S3 of term 2E, there is a moving walkway. For security, as you are flying J, you can use the fast track lanes labelled "Sky Priority / Accčs No1".
Yes, there is a lounge in 2F with showers.

Alternate plan, as you have plenty of time, is to exit 2E as if you were ending your trip in Paris and walk to 2C (landside) to go to the AF arrival lounge which has nicer shower facilities and where you can have nice breakfast too. This means of course passing immigration twice (to enter and then after to leave the Schengen area) and is OK only if you don't need any visa to enter France. And then, when you're finished there, walk to 2F, clear immigration and security and proceed to 2F departure lounge.
Sounds easy enough-- thanks!
Old May 4, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
2E - 2D Connection

Tried doing a search of this on this thread but it is difficult to narrow down. I am flying MIA-CDG-VCE on AF in a couple of weeks. I have a 1 hour 20 minute connection at CDG arriving at ~ 8:30 am. I have connected through CDG a number of times but almost always between 2E & 2F terminals and that was very easy to navigate. I am reading that I must catch a shuttle bus that runs every 18-25 minutes. Add clearing passport and customs control to just missing the shuttle and that could make for a pretty tight connection. Can you not walk between the two? I am in Business so have access to the priority lanes. Thanks for your help.
Old May 4, 2012, 10:27 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by DaChief
I have connected through CDG a number of times but almost always between 2E & 2F terminals and that was very easy to navigate. I am reading that I must catch a shuttle bus that runs every 18-25 minutes.
There is really no need to take the bus. Walking to 2D adds about 5-7mn to the walk you are familiar with between 2E and 2F. Just follow the signs and there should not be any problem if your incoming flight is on time.

Enjoy your flights.

Last edited by JOUY31; May 4, 2012 at 10:34 am
Old May 4, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by DaChief
Tried doing a search of this on this thread but it is difficult to narrow down. I am flying MIA-CDG-VCE on AF in a couple of weeks. I have a 1 hour 20 minute connection at CDG arriving at ~ 8:30 am. I have connected through CDG a number of times but almost always between 2E & 2F terminals and that was very easy to navigate. I am reading that I must catch a shuttle bus that runs every 18-25 minutes. Add clearing passport and customs control to just missing the shuttle and that could make for a pretty tight connection. Can you not walk between the two? I am in Business so have access to the priority lanes. Thanks for your help.
no problem walking, deplaning airplane in 2E to departure gate 2D can be done under 30 minutes, if you walk fast and have no queues (which should be the case for you). Just follow the signs, cross the Sheraton/TGV station and you are almost in 2D.
Old May 4, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by JOUY31
There is really no need to take the bus. Walking to 2D adds about 5-7mn to the walk you are familiar with between 2E and 2F. Just follow the signs and there should not be any problem if your incoming flight is on time.

Enjoy your flights.
Originally Posted by MarLim
no problem walking, deplaning airplane in 2E to departure gate 2D can be done under 30 minutes, if you walk fast and have no queues (which should be the case for you). Just follow the signs, cross the Sheraton/TGV station and you are almost in 2D.
Perfect. Thanks for the help!
Old May 4, 2012, 11:48 am

2E to 2E

a bit of a no-brainer question, but for my SIN-CDG-MEX, both destinations depart from 2E so there's no issue of catching buses and crazy transit times

outbound: early morning 6am arrival from Singapore, lunchtime departure 1pm to Mexico, 7h layover
inbound: late afternoon 5pm arrival from Mexico, 11pm flight out to Singapore, 6h layover

first time flying into CDG and transiting, so any good ways to kill time within 2E?
Old May 13, 2012, 9:44 am

I'm transferring through CDG for the 1st time this Tue. Info on DL's website shows my flight will arrive Terminal 2E, Gate OP6 . Does anyone know what OP6 means? I'm hoping it's not a remote stand or something.

I'm traveling in Biz, and transferring to an AF flight out of 2F to FCO. Any suggestions on how to kill 2:20 of layover? Best lounge, etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.