Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Quick question about holding 2 different tickets

Looks like the DL low J award gods have granted me ORD-CDG, but I'll have to buy the onward cheap CDG-PRG on Czech Air in Y. I'm not insane enough to book the 90 minute 2E->2D connection with late afternoon ORD ATC, so I'll have plenty of time - 5 hours. I will have one checked 26" bag weighing under 50 pounds, and a backpack, and I am DL Silver. I also have a Priority Pass membership. This trip will be on a weekday in May, so weather should not be much of an issue.

Questions:
1. Will AF @ ORD check my bag through? Or do I have to collect and recheck?
2. Since only my inbound flight was in J, will AF let me use the lounge in either 2D or 2E?
3. If not, can I stay airside and get access to the gates in 2A so I can use the AC Maple Leaf Lounge with my Priority Pass?

My current mostly pessimistic assumptions are Yes, No, and No. I am definitely not a fan of CDG, but it wasn't worth 45k extra miles to fly via JFK or AMS.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Looks like the DL low J award gods have granted me ORD-CDG, but I'll have to buy the onward cheap CDG-PRG on Czech Air in Y. I'm not insane enough to book the 90 minute 2E->2D connection with late afternoon ORD ATC, so I'll have plenty of time - 5 hours. I will have one checked 26" bag weighing under 50 pounds, and a backpack, and I am DL Silver. I also have a Priority Pass membership. This trip will be on a weekday in May, so weather should not be much of an issue.

Questions:
1. Will AF @ ORD check my bag through? Or do I have to collect and recheck?
2. Since only my inbound flight was in J, will AF let me use the lounge in either 2D or 2E?
3. If not, can I stay airside and get access to the gates in 2A so I can use the AC Maple Leaf Lounge with my Priority Pass?

My current mostly pessimistic assumptions are Yes, No, and No. I am definitely not a fan of CDG, but it wasn't worth 45k extra miles to fly via JFK or AMS.
For CDG-PRG on Skyteam, you have the choice between AF and OK. I definitely agree with you that 90 min connection on 2 separate tickets is too short.
1) yes no problem either AF or OK for the 2nd leg. Just show your e-ticket receipt for the 2nd flight to the agent in ORD. But it's not sure that you'll obtain the BP to PRG in ORD (in this case, you'll have enough time in CDG).

2) No. But you'll have access to the landside arrival lounge in 2C, where you can have shower and breakfast. Definitely the best option in your case.

3) No. You won't be able to access the gate zone in 2A without having a BP for a flight leaving from there.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
For CDG-PRG on Skyteam, you have the choice between AF and OK. I definitely agree with you that 90 min connection on 2 separate tickets is too short.
1) yes no problem either AF or OK for the 2nd leg. Just show your e-ticket receipt for the 2nd flight to the agent in ORD. But it's not sure that you'll obtain the BP to PRG in ORD (in this case, you'll have enough time in CDG).

2) No. But you'll have access to the landside arrival lounge in 2C, where you can have shower and breakfast. Definitely the best option in your case.

3) No. You won't be able to access the gate zone in 2A without having a BP for a flight leaving from there.
Thanks. I was hoping to not have to go landside and back again, but with a long connection it'll give me something to do!!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:40 pm

T2E -> T1

Since I haven't found an answer for my question I finally registered in FT.

I will arrive in May with Air France from Montreal with an A380 at 8:30 in the morning. Arrival will be in T2E.

Now I'm looking for a connection flight with Lufthansa to Munich that will leave in T1. This flight will be on a seperate booking, so I have to be save to get the connection flight.

I have two option for my connection flight I can book:

11:10 => 2h40min connection time
13:05 => 4h35min connection time

Are 2:40h for this connection enough? This means, deboarding of an A380 (I fly economy), immigration, baggege claim (don't know if I can check through), transfer to T1, checkin LH, security check. Are 2h40m without baggege reclaim and checkin possible?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by GIVME5W; Dec 31, 2011 at 12:45 pm
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by GIVME5W
Since I haven't found an answer for my question I finally registered in FT.

I will arrive in May with Air France from Montreal with an A380 at 8:30 in the morning. Arrival will be in T2E.

Now I'm looking for a connection flight with Lufthansa to Munich that will leave in T1. This flight will be on a seperate booking, so I have to be save to get the connection flight.

I have two option for my connection flight I can book:

11:10 => 2h40min connection time
13:05 => 4h35min connection time

Are 2:40h for this connection enough? This means, deboarding of an A380 (I fly economy), immigration, baggege claim (don't know if I can check through), transfer to T1, checkin LH, security check. Are 2h40m without baggege reclaim and checkin possible?

Thanks for your help!
Welcome to FT and happy new year !
2h40 is feasible but very tight and I would not risk it if I were you. I would rather connect to AF to MUC if you have to fly on separate tickets. You will be already checked-in in YUL and, in case of misconnection if the YUL flight is late, AF will be more comprehensive to help you than LH.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Welcome to FT and happy new year !
2h40 is feasible but very tight and I would not risk it if I were you. I would rather connect to AF to MUC if you have to fly on separate tickets. You will be already checked-in in YUL and, in case of misconnection if the YUL flight is late, AF will be more comprehensive to help you than LH.
Thanks for the welcome.

In an other forum I already read that someone else doesn't recommend any connection on two seperate tickets and terminals under 3 hours connection time. Then I choose the longer transfer time, I already thought this would be better and more relaxing. I'm already Lufthansa FTL so I can stay in the LH Business Lounge if I have enough time.

I know that the best connection would be to another AF flight, but I'm collecting segments for requlifying the FTL in 2012 with 30 segements. I just selected this AF-flight because of the errorfare
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Hi. Looking at flying UA from ORD-CDG on Wed., 2/15. Scheduled to arrive Thurs @ 9:40am (Terminal 1). I then need to get to Terminal 2B (Easyjet) for a flight to BCN. Easyjet has flights that leave @ 11:15am and then 1:45pm. Assuming an on-time arrival and no checked bags, could I make the 11:15am flight or is that crazy talk?

If I wait to catch the 1:45pm flight, which terminal is better for killing the extra time (food/ window shopping, etc.)?

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:07 am

RE: Which gate for T1 departure for SQ flights?

Hi all,

I would like to know which door / gate at CDG T1 is for SIA flights departure? I need to know so I can tell the cab driver. I heard it's a maze in CDG and thus I want to drop off at the right door.

Also I have another question about tax refund.

Do I need the boarding pass for tax refund? That means I need to check-in first?

Thanks.

Danny
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Thumbs up New shuttle service from CDG to La Défense

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...l#post18019032
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: UA MP Silver
Greetings--I hope this is in the right place; I don't want to clutter your forum with an entirely new thread.

I will be moving a large group (10-15 people) through CDG on a FLR-CDG-DTW itinerary. The FLR-CDG is CityJet under the banner of AF, and the CDG-DTW is DL. I have 1hr 35mins to connect (I personally would have booked an itinerary with more time, but it wasn't 100% my call). This is going to be a T2G to T2E transfer. I understand that there is an airside shuttle at T2G that will let us avoid another security check. Where, specifically, will we board this shuttle?

Second, do we need to have our boarding passes for CDG-DTW in hand to get through the immigration control at T2G? When we were checked in on our way over, the person at the DL check-in desk in the States told us that she couldn't give us CDG-FLR boarding passes and that we'd have to pick them up in CDG (which we were able to do easily w/the machines). Will we have the same situation when checking in at FLR: will they only be able to give us FLR-CDG boarding passes, leaving us to have to get CDG-DTW boarding passes at CDG itself? If so, is there a place in T2G to do this, or will we have to take the N2 back to T2E, get the boarding passes there, and then go through security again?

Thanks for the help with these questions--I know that they are basic, but I generally avoid having to deal with issues like this when I fly by myself due to the way I choose my flights.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by TravelingAcademic
Greetings--I hope this is in the right place; I don't want to clutter your forum with an entirely new thread.

I will be moving a large group (10-15 people) through CDG on a FLR-CDG-DTW itinerary. The FLR-CDG is CityJet under the banner of AF, and the CDG-DTW is DL. I have 1hr 35mins to connect (I personally would have booked an itinerary with more time, but it wasn't 100% my call). This is going to be a T2G to T2E transfer. I understand that there is an airside shuttle at T2G that will let us avoid another security check. Where, specifically, will we board this shuttle?
You will be leaving the commuter airplane in terminal 2G then walk through one of the two hallways towards the exit. There will be one point where the signs to all terminals *except* 2E point to one direction and 2E points to the other. Follow the sign and you will be there. It's very easy, really, and 2G is small. Rule of thumb: if you are standing in front of the security doors, you missed the signs. Head back and try again. This shouldn't happen, though, it's very difficult to miss the signs towards 2E.

Second, do we need to have our boarding passes for CDG-DTW in hand to get through the immigration control at T2G? When we were checked in on our way over, the person at the DL check-in desk in the States told us that she couldn't give us CDG-FLR boarding passes and that we'd have to pick them up in CDG (which we were able to do easily w/the machines). Will we have the same situation when checking in at FLR: will they only be able to give us FLR-CDG boarding passes, leaving us to have to get CDG-DTW boarding passes at CDG itself? If so, is there a place in T2G to do this, or will we have to take the N2 back to T2E, get the boarding passes there, and then go through security again?
When checking in in the us, one sometimes doesn't get the boarding pass for the flights within Europe if they haven't been opened yet in the system, which sometimes is only around 12h before departure. That's rarer on flights back to the US since the feeder flights leave only a few hours before the transatlantic one. So you will very probably be fine (I'm flying to the US every 2-3 weeks and I can only remember one case where I didn't get the boarding pass for the transatlantic flight). In case you don't get the boarding passes to the connecting flight, there is a handful (2? 3?) of check in machines before passport control in 2G that you can use, you don't have to leave the secure are.

Thanks for the help with these questions--I know that they are basic, but I generally avoid having to deal with issues like this when I fly by myself due to the way I choose my flights.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:00 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingAcademic
DL very often is unable to print AF boarding passes, even for flights from the US to Europe, AF on the other side is usually capable to do so for a DL TATL flight. I don't think you need to show a boarding pass when passing immigration at terminal 2G, a valid reservation record should do it. There are AF machines in 2G, but if they can print a DL boarding pass ... maybe. But there is a good transfer desk in terminal 2E where you could certainly get it. However, make sure you know the gate from which your DL flight leaves as the shuttle stops twice (2E satellite and 2E main gates). Know your flight number and check on the monitors before boarding the shuttle leaves. As the porevious poster said, the shuttle transfer is very easy.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by MarLim
DL very often is unable to print AF boarding passes, even for flights from the US to Europe, AF on the other side is usually capable to do so for a DL TATL flight.
for me, it's exactly the opposite : AF is generally unable to deliver me DL connecting BP (US domestic flight) in CDG, while I never had pb to obtain AF BP from DL in the US.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:07 am

I will be arriving from SIN (A380) to CDG T-2E at 6.10am and then to Athens at 7.30am CDG T-2D.
Both sector on Air France but 2 different tickets, will my baggage be checked through to Athens? Is 1hr20min connecting time enough? How do i get from 2E to 2D?

Last edited by walkerr; Mar 19, 2012 at 7:36 am
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by walkerr
I will be arriving from SIN (A380) to CDG T-2E at 6.10am and then to Athens at 7.30am CDG T-2D.
Both sector on Air France but 2 different tickets, will my baggage be checked through to Athens? Is 1hr20min connecting time enough? How do i get from 2E to 2D?
You need to ask the AF agent in SIN to check your bag all through to ATH ( they will need your e-ticket receipt for CDG-ATH). They may be even able to give you the BP to ATH. Your connection is really tight (but feasible) as you need to clear immigration (after a long walk from satellite S3 + a short ride on board an automatic metro) and then reach 2D either by a bus transfer or by walking (preferred way). You will have also to go through security. So do not loose any time. Do you fly J/F or have an elite status in Skyteam ? If yes, you can use the priority "Accès No1" lanes for immigration and security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.