Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by SoCalTraveler14
Unfortunately, Continental and Air France/Austrian Air are not in the same alliance. These two legs are separately ticketed and I must claim my bag at AFand recheck it at AUstrian Air counter - or is there some way I can avoid this????
Hi,

Since you are on the codeshare, AF should be able to interline your luggage.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SoCalTraveler14
Unfortunately, Continental and Air France/Austrian Air are not in the same alliance. These two legs are separately ticketed and I must claim my bag at AFand recheck it at AUstrian Air counter - or is there some way I can avoid this????
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi,

Since you are on the codeshare, AF should be able to interline your luggage.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
So if I understand correctly, you have a CO ticket from IAH to CDG and a 2nd ticket from CDG to VIE issued by AF, with AF flight number and the flight is operated by OS ? I assume it's yes for what I write below
CO & OS are both in Star Alliance but AF is Skyteam. However AF & CO interline luggages without pb. When you check-in with CO in IAH, tell the agent that you have a connection in CDG on another ticket and show them the itinerary CDG-VIE, so that they have all info needed. So your bag will be tagged to VIE and you don't have to collect it in CDG. BP is another issue. When CO was in skyteam not so long ago, they should have been able to give you your AF BP but I don't think they do this anymore now. So you'll probably have to stop at AF connection counter to have your BP. When you do this, do not forget to show your checked bag receipt because he/she will need to enter it into your VIE dossier. If you fail to do this, your bag will be offloaded from the VIE flight.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
I am afraid this has not changed much. The reason your plane is parked near terminal 2G is that your EDI-CDG flight is operated by Cityjet with a regional aircraft. Connections to the US when arriving on a mainline aircraft from the UK are much nicer as both flights use terminal 2E.
So how long do you reckon it would take to connect? I done the same flights last year and I only had 10 mins to get to my next flight. (the MIA flight departed at 10:50am last year. )
Old Jun 7, 2010, 1:26 am

Programs: DL, LH, SK
T3 to T2E transfer

Will be taking QI4103 (BLL-CDG), landing at 13:40. Connection to DL29 (CDG-ATL) departing 16:10- total of approx. 2.5 hrs connecting time.

Not having luck finding info about connecting from T-3 to T-2E, can find most other combos except this. I can find a little about shuttle busses...but isn't there a train that runs from t3-t2e now? What kind of time frame are we looking at to connect?

This will be the first time for me at CDG, and I'll be dragging my poor 8yr old boy along...we're old hands at MUC, FRA, LGW and AMS, so it's not like it's our first trip at the rodeo...but the stories about CDG are a bit off-putting...

I searched through this thread using the search function, and had no luck finding t3-t2e connections. Can anyone help?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: FB Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by OrlNative
Will be taking QI4103 (BLL-CDG), landing at 13:40. Connection to DL29 (CDG-ATL) departing 16:10- total of approx. 2.5 hrs connecting time.

Not having luck finding info about connecting from T-3 to T-2E, can find most other combos except this. I can find a little about shuttle busses...but isn't there a train that runs from t3-t2e now? What kind of time frame are we looking at to connect?

This will be the first time for me at CDG, and I'll be dragging my poor 8yr old boy along...we're old hands at MUC, FRA, LGW and AMS, so it's not like it's our first trip at the rodeo...but the stories about CDG are a bit off-putting...

I searched through this thread using the search function, and had no luck finding t3-t2e connections. Can anyone help?
Hi,

There is a train which runs between T1, T2 and T3, called the CDGVAL. Details are available at http://www.easycdg.com/pages/cdgval_light_railpag.html.

From T3 there is a short walk to the station (a couple of hundred meters); the CDGVAL station is within the RER station. Once there the CDGVAL trains run every 4 minutes, and take 4 minutes to reach Terminal 2. From there it's another short walk to 2E.

JimJamJet.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: DL, LH, SK
Originally Posted by JimJamJet
Hi,

There is a train which runs between T1, T2 and T3, called the CDGVAL. Details are available at http://www.easycdg.com/pages/cdgval_light_railpag.html.

From T3 there is a short walk to the station (a couple of hundred meters); the CDGVAL station is within the RER station. Once there the CDGVAL trains run every 4 minutes, and take 4 minutes to reach Terminal 2. From there it's another short walk to 2E.

JimJamJet.
Sounds really quite painless...thank you so much for your response ^
Old Jun 13, 2010, 2:41 am

Hello,
i will fly from Vienna to NY JFK, through Paris CDG
This is my first flight and i will have only 1 hour 15 minutes on transfer. (
12:10 - arrival - Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - TERMINAL 2D
13:35 - departure - Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - TERMINAL 2E - Airbus A380
)

I have few qeuestion.
1) i searched transfer methods from terminal 2D to 2E and don't understand what diferences are between "shuttle 1 in public zone" and "transfer shuttle in restricted area". Which of these shuttle is possible to use if i have lowest economy class - Air France?

2) will i need check my baggage again on CDG, or baggage will be automatically transfered to new yourk flight ?

3) is it enough to have only 1 hours 15 minutes to transfering ?

4) i have last check-in time limit 12:35, what does it mean?

5) i looked that terminal 2E has two bus stations, what is correct stop for me?

6) if i will not catch my plane, what can i do? Will i pay again for the next plane?

Thank you very much for your answers, i appreciate that.
Apologize for too much questions.
Tomas

Last edited by pruzkaty; Jun 13, 2010 at 2:58 am
Old Jun 13, 2010, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by pruzkaty
Hello,
i will fly from Vienna to NY JFK, through Paris CDG
This is my first flight and i will have only 1 hour 15 minutes on transfer. (
12:10 - arrival - Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - TERMINAL 2D
13:35 - departure - Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - TERMINAL 2E - Airbus A380
I have few qeuestion.
1) i searched transfer methods from terminal 2D to 2E and don't understand what diferences are between "shuttle 1 in public zone" and "transfer shuttle in restricted area". Which of these shuttle is possible to use if i have lowest economy class - Air France?

2) will i need check my baggage again on CDG, or baggage will be automatically transfered to new yourk flight ?

3) is it enough to have only 1 hours 15 minutes to transfering ?

4) i have last check-in time limit 12:35, what does it mean?

5) i looked that terminal 2E has two bus stations, what is correct stop for me?

6) if i will not catch my plane, what can i do? Will i pay again for the next plane?

Thank you very much for your answers, i appreciate that.
Apologize for too much questions.
Tomas
First, welcome to Flyertalk
Here are some answers to your questions
1) the transfer possibilities are totally independent of your travel class and fare payed (except for P pax for which there are special arrangements). As you said it's your 1st flight and not used to CDG, I strongly encourage you to take one of the shuttle bus for your transfer (as opposed to walk from 2D to 2E). The difference betwen "shuttle 1 in public zone" and "transfer shuttle in restricted area" is that the 1st one is landside (so you have to leave the "secure" area and you are in the public zone (in fact this shuttle runs out of the terminals, with the cars and other buses going to the various terminals); while the 2nd one operates "airside" (in the non-public zone). In your case, I recommend that you take the "restricted area" shuttle as the trip is much shorter. As you probably saw on AF web site, there are 2 stops for this shuttle at term 2E. For the A380, it should be normally the 2nd one as the A380 gates are in the E51-E76 group. But of course, double-check the gate on the TV monitors.
Also another important point, your flight from VIE arrives normally at term 2D but there is a small possibility that a last minute gate change makes you arriving at term 2F instead. In this case, it's much simpler and quicker to walk to term 2E (follow the signs).

2) no, your bags will be checked through JFK. No collection at CDG

3) 1h15 is tight but clearly feasible. If your VIE flight was delayed, it's likely that you will be awaited by an AF agent at the exit of the plane to speed-up your transfer

4) this is the limit check-in time for the JFK flight (1hr prior to departure), but in your case no need to worry about that as you will be already checked-in for this flight in VIE.

5) see 1)

6) no, AF has to rebook you on the next available flight

Enjoy your trip and especially the A380 one
Old Jun 13, 2010, 4:31 am

Thak you very much for fast answers, they are helpfull.
Tomas
Old Jun 13, 2010, 4:52 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
First, welcome to Flyertalk
Here are some answers to your questions
1) the transfer possibilities are totally independent of your travel class and fare payed (except for P pax for which there are special arrangements). As you said it's your 1st flight and not used to CDG, I strongly encourage you to take one of the shuttle bus for your transfer (as opposed to walk from 2D to 2E). The difference betwen "shuttle 1 in public zone" and "transfer shuttle in restricted area" is that the 1st one is landside (so you have to leave the "secure" area and you are in the public zone (in fact this shuttle runs out of the terminals, with the cars and other buses going to the various terminals); while the 2nd one operates "airside" (in the non-public zone). In your case, I recommend that you take the "restricted area" shuttle as the trip is much shorter. As you probably saw on AF web site, there are 2 stops for this shuttle at term 2E. For the A380, it should be normally the 2nd one as the A380 gates are in the E51-E76 group. But of course, double-check the gate on the TV monitors.
Also another important point, your flight from VIE arrives normally at term 2D but there is a small possibility that a last minute gate change makes you arriving at term 2F instead. In this case, it's much simpler and quicker to walk to term 2E (follow the signs).

2) no, your bags will be checked through JFK. No collection at CDG

3) 1h15 is tight but clearly feasible. If your VIE flight was delayed, it's likely that you will be awaited by an AF agent at the exit of the plane to speed-up your transfer

4) this is the limit check-in time for the JFK flight (1hr prior to departure), but in your case no need to worry about that as you will be already checked-in for this flight in VIE.

5) see 1)

6) no, AF has to rebook you on the next available flight

Enjoy your trip and especially the A380 one
Fully agree with these detailed answers ^. One minor detail, though: for the restricted shuttle from 2D, gates E51-E76 are, in my experience, the first stop.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Fully agree with these detailed answers ^. One minor detail, though: for the restricted shuttle from 2D, gates E51-E76 are, in my experience, the first stop.
Thanks Jouy31 for this correction. It's good to see our moderator back to business after his great flight to LHR in A380 I'm glad you made it and we all hope to have details soon
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:41 pm

Still have other questions regarding online check in.
1)What is exactly online check-in, what are its advantages and why should i do online check-in ?
2) Will i need to proceed check-in flight Vienna-Paris and Paris-NY separately, or will i proceed just one check-in on all flight ?

Thank you,
Tomas
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:04 am

Meeting in CDG

So I'm on an AA flight landing in 2A (?) from MIA to CDG. My BF is on a AF BEY - CDG flight which seems to land in 2F a couple hours after me. We are both going to Porto on an EasyJet flight that afternoon. To make life easier I told him I would meet him at his arrival gate in 2F and then we would head over together to our connecting flight. But when I look at the maps and read previous postings it looks like I would have to go through security again to go into his terminal, which since I don't hold a ticket departing from there, I'm not sure they will let me in. Anyone familiar enough that can help me?

If I can't get into 2F, anywhere you can recommend to meet preferrably to have lunch?

Thanks so much
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:36 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by kitkat81
So I'm on an AA flight landing in 2A (?) from MIA to CDG. My BF is on a AF BEY - CDG flight which seems to land in 2F a couple hours after me. We are both going to Porto on an EasyJet flight that afternoon. To make life easier I told him I would meet him at his arrival gate in 2F and then we would head over together to our connecting flight. But when I look at the maps and read previous postings it looks like I would have to go through security again to go into his terminal, which since I don't hold a ticket departing from there, I'm not sure they will let me in. Anyone familiar enough that can help me?

If I can't get into 2F, anywhere you can recommend to meet preferrably to have lunch?

Thanks so much
Well, you can go to 2F and wait at the exit from the baggage carousel area, but you can't go to the arrival gate. As usual, and especially if you are looking for lunch, the Sheraton is a good option, with the buffet lunch around EUR 23 for starters and dessert, and IIRC, EUR 34 when including a main course; starters and dessert are usually enough for me . There is also an upscale restaurant, also at the Sheraton, with a great wine list but this would only be recommended when having an unrestricted expense account .
Old Jun 14, 2010, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by pruzkaty
Still have other questions regarding online check in.
1)What is exactly online check-in, what are its advantages and why should i do online check-in ?
2) Will i need to proceed check-in flight Vienna-Paris and Paris-NY separately, or will i proceed just one check-in on all flight ?

Thank you,
Tomas
1) online check-in means obtaining your boarding pass online, on AF web site in your case. You can do that 24 to 30 hrs prior to your flight. Advantages is gaining time at the airport and secure "good" seats when you're travelling Y. In your case, it all depends if you pre-booked seats at reservation. If yes and have luggage to check, then OLCI is "less"interesting. If you don't have pre-booked seats, then it's very interesting and you can still drop your bags at the dedicated counter at the airport. But again, OLCI is not an obligation. You can perfectly check-in the classic way at the airport (VIE)
2) you will obtain your 2 BP at VIE and nothing to do in Paris (just proceed to your gate of course )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.