Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:48 pm

Glad to hear it! I actually had first hand experience with TSA's sticky hands a few years ago, yanked a gift right out of my luggage, learned my lesson. I'm more concerned about whether or not 80 minutes will be enough time for the luggage to transfer planes. Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:11 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi cjyflyer,

Welcome to FT!

Originally Posted by cjyflyer
Glad to hear it! I actually had first hand experience with TSA's sticky hands a few years ago, yanked a gift right out of my luggage, learned my lesson. I'm more concerned about whether or not 80 minutes will be enough time for the luggage to transfer planes. Thanks!
Yes, 80 minutes is plenty for a luggage transfer at CDDG (barring the usual disclaimer about weather chaos or a strike, it is France after all )

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:52 am

Thanks GenevaFlyer, much appreciated!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:06 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Just wondering... did MacDomer manage to get pastries in Paris?

Last edited by vincentinparis; Feb 21, 2010 at 11:34 pm
Old Feb 19, 2010, 3:15 am

My arrival is in 2F - departure 2E , i have 1h50min for transfer, but the big problem is where can I smoke?

thanks
Old Feb 21, 2010, 3:16 pm

Edited: I have found a better route with better layovers! :0)

Last edited by MadRunner; Feb 21, 2010 at 7:02 pm
Old Feb 22, 2010, 3:46 pm

@ Vincentinparis: ah, still waiting to get those pastries - my plans got bumped by a month, so now I'm going on the same flights but in April instead of late Feb. I've had some extra time to consider the RER trip into Paris to check out the place you recommended! Looking fwd to it.

Cheers
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:33 pm

Flying ATL-CDG-DUS

We are flying from ATL to CDG to DUS next week. I have read many pages of this thread and am now worried about my connection in CDG.

We arrive CDG at 8:25 AM and connect with a flight at 9:35 AM leaving us 1:10 min to make the connection.

From what I saw on AF website, I believe we will arrive in 2E and depart from 2D. We will each just have a carry-on bag and a laptop bag, no checked luggage.

Is this possible to make this connection? How much time will it take to clear immigration/customs and security?

Thanks in advance for any info -- this thread has been very helpful
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by CPMichaelC
We are flying from ATL to CDG to DUS next week. I have read many pages of this thread and am now worried about my connection in CDG.

We arrive CDG at 8:25 AM and connect with a flight at 9:35 AM leaving us 1:10 min to make the connection.

From what I saw on AF website, I believe we will arrive in 2E and depart from 2D. We will each just have a carry-on bag and a laptop bag, no checked luggage.

Is this possible to make this connection? How much time will it take to clear immigration/customs and security?

Thanks in advance for any info -- this thread has been very helpful
It's tight but clearly feasible, especially with carry-on only. It's hard to predict the time needed to clear immigration. It can be from 30 sec to 20 min.
No time needed for customs (it's not like in the US) except if they stop you to search your bags. Then you have either to walk to 2D or to take a shuttle bus. I recommend you to walk (about 10 min). Then you'll have to clear security (10 min). If you travel in J or have a status in skyteam (elite or E+), you can use special lanes calles "accès n°1" for clearing immigration and security.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:52 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Question Connecting AY 2D - AF 2E with infant

My wife and I + baby will be travelling to California from HEL. The Finnair flight arrives to 2D at 0940 and connection to SFO or LAX departs at 1040 from 2E. I know this is short and would normally book feeder to CDG evening before, however that flight is full so we are stuck with a same-day connection. Another alternative is to take a later flight from CDG but then we will arrive 6 hours later and we would rather not arrive that late due to the time difference (arrival when it is 0505 in HEL will screw up the baby I think).

As we will have an infant seat and bassinet reserved on the long-haul flight a missed connection will be extra painful as that will probably mean that we will then sit with the infant in our laps 10h+.

So, any recommendations what to do?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 3:48 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Gnopps

So, any recommendations what to do?
This is just wondering aloud, but is there any way to request assistance from ground staff in CDG before you board in HEL? I know that for tight connections AF is very good about having cars and people to guide you through to your connection swiftly, but I have only experienced this automatically, not on request, when connection times were less than 30 minutes. But with an infant, maybe there is a way to warn them of your arrival and your need for assistance.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
Exclamation Bus shuttle RER/TGV station to Terminal 2G

Just a short tip for those arriving at the RER/TGV railway station and departing from CDG 2G:

A bus shuttle connects the station with CDG 2G. However do NOT follow the sign "CDG 2G" at the railway station - if you board there you will have to stop at almost all terminals before getting to 2G.

Walk instead to terminal 2E; once inside 2E follow the sign "CDG 2G". From 2E the bus shuttle brings you non-stop to 2G.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Advice on CDG AF lounges, please

I've been through CDG a few times but am still a novice and last time, never could locate the Arrivals lounge. We're flying AF in business class next month and am seeking kind input/advice on which lounges to use during our 3 transits through CDG. I'd like to use the Arrivals lounge on Day 1 if you think there is enough time:

Day 1: Arrive 2E from US, depart 2D to LIS (transit time: 1:50)

Day 2: Arrive 2D from LIS, depart 2F to FCO (transit time: 2:00)

Day 3: Arrive 2F from FCO, depart 2E to US (transit time: 4:20)

On Day 1, if I understand correctly, we get off the plane in Terminal 2E, clear customs, walk to Terminal 2C, and find the lounge on the Departures level, landside, across from Door 2. Is that correct? Thanks for your suggestions and advice!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 7:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
The only AF arrivals lounge in in 2C just after customs next to gate C2. It is quite nice but does require some time. Since you're leaving from 2D and presumably already have your connecting Bp's you'll have enough time if you don't linger too long. It is open from 05h00 to 14h00 only. You can walk between these terminals or take the busses, either works. I usually walk to get the exercise. I usually allow about a half hour for clearing security and getting to my departure gate. You'll be faster because you can use Acces #1, which saves time at peak times and is more consistent than the other lines.

You have done this before and show your knowledge in your post so you'll probably have no problem. Just remember that the nice departure lounge is the longhaul one in 2E. Usually the lower level is less crowded than the upper level, but sometimes there are too many smart people and the lower level is crowded also.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I've been through CDG a few times but am still a novice and last time, never could locate the Arrivals lounge. We're flying AF in business class next month and am seeking kind input/advice on which lounges to use during our 3 transits through CDG. I'd like to use the Arrivals lounge on Day 1 if you think there is enough time:

Day 1: Arrive 2E from US, depart 2D to LIS (transit time: 1:50)

Day 2: Arrive 2D from LIS, depart 2F to FCO (transit time: 2:00)

Day 3: Arrive 2F from FCO, depart 2E to US (transit time: 4:20)

On Day 1, if I understand correctly, we get off the plane in Terminal 2E, clear customs, walk to Terminal 2C, and find the lounge on the Departures level, landside, across from Door 2. Is that correct? Thanks for your suggestions and advice!
When you reach the public zone of 2C, go in the direction of term 2A. The lounge is on your left after the last check-in desk of term 2C. 1h50 is a little bit short if you want to shower, especially if you arrive between 7:30 and 9:30 : there is often a waiting list for shower at that time.
Please keep also in mind that the arrival terminals you mentioned are not 100% sure. This means that arriving on AF from a non-schengen destination you can arrive either at 2C, 2E or 2F2, and arrival from a Schengen destination may be at 2D or 2F1

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
Just remember that the nice departure lounge is the longhaul one in 2E. Usually the lower level is less crowded than the upper level, but sometimes there are too many smart people and the lower level is crowded also.
At 2E, you have medium- and long-haul flights in both the "main concourse" and at satellite S3. So there is no "pure" long-haul lounge at 2E. And aslo, both lounges are on one level only (the small upper level of the main concourse lounge, which was used as the 1st class lounge a few years ago, is generally closed). You are may be confounding with the 2F1 and 2F2 lounges which are indeed on 2 floors, with the lower level often less crowded as you mentioned .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.