FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Supreme04
hi to all. I`m landing On Paris CDG terminal 2D this thursday at 15.10..and my connection flight to toulouse is at terminal 2F at 15.50... what`s the simplest and fastest way to get to 2F (should i go to exit 6 and take the bus shuttle? or should i walk??).
Maybe I am wrong, but I think there are no more buses between 2D and 2F anyway.
The only solution is to walk.

But anyway, as JOUY31 mentionned, the better solution for you would be to walk.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Supreme04
i purchased the ticket monday on a hurry and i didn`t see the hours i just looked for the lowest fare and for a connection in CDG not in orly so i wouldn`t have to transfer..So this is the option that airfrance.com offered me..so if it`s selled like this by them...
Did you buy two separate tickets or just one ticket?

Because you suggest that you bought just one ticket. And I am very surprised as -as long as I know- 40 minutes is not a legal connection.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 12:13 pm

i bought just one ticket..i typed departure budapest and arrival toulouse so this is what they gave me
Old Jul 18, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by 380
Just two advices:
- if you fly in business or have a skyteam elite plus card, do not hesitate to use the fast track lanes called "Acces N.1" (both at the security check and at the passport control)
- on your inbound flight from the US, try to be seated as much at the front as possible. You can save precious minutes for your transfer.

Please tell us after your trip how everything was.
Thanks 380! I am only Skyteam Elite, so not much help for track lanes. I am sitting fairly up front on both flights. Thanks again for all your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 8:58 pm

I had known 45 minutes to be the legal minimum within a terminal, with all parts of T2 considered one terminal although the time can be improbable. I just looked at http://www.easycdg.com/pages/connect...is_cdgpag.html and saw:

Connecting time
When booking your ticket, mind a minimum connecting time (security measures + transfer between the terminals)
60 minutes intra Terminals 1/2/3
Is this now the legal minimum connecting time, or just the time advised by that site?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Where can I look to determine which terminals my flights will arrive and depart from? I'm doing two AF-AF connections: arriving from JFK, outbound to HKG; arriving from BKK, outbound to JFK.

Also, how can I figure out whether I'll need to clear passport control at any point of these connections? I'm worried because the JFK-HKG connection is tight: just one hour.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 7:01 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi Megatop,

Here's a link to the AF gizmo to look at your transfer route:

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/local/...neID=140ufv057

Normally, as you will stay in 2E, you will NOT have to clear immigration at all. (Just security I think)

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Last edited by GenevaFlyer; Jul 22, 2009 at 7:02 am Reason: Add passport info.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 3:28 pm

I am going to be connecting in CDG next week. I should arrive from the US at 2E and depart from 2F and have 5 hours layover. These are all international non-Schengen flights. I have a Priority Pass card and the only lounge in CDG that it has access to is the Icare in Terminal 1.

How easy it is to go from 2E to 1, and then from 1 to 2F? Do I need to clear customs or pass through passport control in either direction?

Thanks a lot.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 6:32 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi Megatop,

Here's a link to the AF gizmo to look at your transfer route:

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/local/...neID=140ufv057

Normally, as you will stay in 2E, you will NOT have to clear immigration at all. (Just security I think)

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Thanks for the link. I hope this connection will go smoothly. But I'll be a nervous nelly 'til I make the second flight, as it's my first time through CDG.

How likely is it that my either of my flights will arrive or depart from the "satellite" concourse, if that's what it's called? And how likely is it that either of my flights will use a remote stand and "mobile lounges"?

Last edited by MegatopLover; Jul 23, 2009 at 6:59 am
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
CPH-CDG-EWR Best way to transfer?

I am on an AF flights from CPH to EWR via CDG. I understand I arrive Terminal 2D, and need to get to Terminal 2E. What is the best way, and how long will it take?

I've looked at the Air France interactive Transfer site and it shows three routes: Walking, Shuttle in public zone, and Transfer shuttle in restricted zone. I am assuming that either walking, or the Transfer shuttle in the restricted zone is best, but of these two, which is best?

In 2D, exactly where do I locate this Transfer shuttle in the restricted zone? And, how frequent is this shuttle?

Since I will be arriving CDG from CPH, will I need to go through any passport controls or customs at any point as I go from 2D to 2E?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi swdke,

Originally Posted by swdke
... the Transfer shuttle in the restricted zone is best, but of these two, which is best?...
There will be signs directing you to 2E when you get off the plane, which will automatically guide you 1 level down to the transfer shuttle. It runs quite frequently, and the big advantage is that you will cross immigration right there, and thus save you the occasional long lines at 2E.

I definitely recommend this, as it also goes to the various parts of 2E, saving you quite a walk.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:27 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I am on an AF flights from CPH to EWR via CDG. I understand I arrive Terminal 2D, and need to get to Terminal 2E. What is the best way, and how long will it take?

I've looked at the Air France interactive Transfer site and it shows three routes: Walking, Shuttle in public zone, and Transfer shuttle in restricted zone. I am assuming that either walking, or the Transfer shuttle in the restricted zone is best, but of these two, which is best?

In 2D, exactly where do I locate this Transfer shuttle in the restricted zone? And, how frequent is this shuttle?

Since I will be arriving CDG from CPH, will I need to go through any passport controls or customs at any point as I go from 2D to 2E?

Thanks for your help.
The best option is the transfer shuttle. It leaves from the tarmac level, which you reach from the center of the check-in area in 2D. You will clear immigration in 2D before boarding the shuttle. There are two boarding piers in 2E. The first stop from 2D is satellite S3, which you reach after 5mn (gates E51-E76), the second one is 2E's main boarding pier, which requires another 5mn ride (gates E21-E47). You will clear security at the entrance of the boarding pier.

Enjoy your flights .
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Thanks for the replies, I have a 1 hr. 20 min. layover, assuming the CPH-CDG flight is on time. Will this be sufficient time?

Also, regarding the security you've mentioned, to clarify, I go through immigration at 2D and security at 2E prior to boarding my CDG-EWR flight? The interactive Air France transfer site does not indicate any immigration or security. I am arriving from CPH, so I thought I would have cleared security and immigration there. I have to do it all again at CDG too?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Thanks for the replies, I have a 1 hr. 20 min. layover, assuming the CPH-CDG flight is on time. Will this be sufficient time?

Also, regarding the security you've mentioned, to clarify, I go through immigration at 2D and security at 2E prior to boarding my CDG-EWR flight? The interactive Air France transfer site does not indicate any immigration or security. I am arriving from CPH, so I thought I would have cleared security and immigration there. I have to do it all again at CDG too?
You don't clear immigration in CPH, as it is an internal Schengen flight. In CDG, you have to clear security when boarding a flight, whether you are connecting or not.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
The best option is the transfer shuttle. It leaves from the tarmac level, which you reach from the center of the check-in area in 2D. You will clear immigration in 2D before boarding the shuttle. There are two boarding piers in 2E. The first stop from 2D is satellite S3, which you reach after 5mn (gates E51-E76), the second one is 2E's main boarding pier, which requires another 5mn ride (gates E21-E47). You will clear security at the entrance of the boarding pier.

Enjoy your flights .
JOUY31, thanks for the information. I have a 1 hr. 20 min. layover, will this be sufficient time to connect? Also, to help me better understand connecting at CDG better, why is the transfer shuttle better to get to 2E from 2D. I guess what I am wanting to know is, by taking the transfer shuttle, am I bypassing any lines that I would otherwise have to wait in? Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.