Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:27 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
No, it is also for passport control. Once you are inside Shengen, you have free ability to roam to any of the countries. That is the whole point of Schengen. Take a look at the Wiki.
I think okflyer meant that, for customs, it is an international flight, as Norway is not part of the EU.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:32 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by josep
I'm flying BCN - CDG terminal 2F Arrival: 1225 on Aug 06 (wednesday)
Then CDG - HKG from terminal 2E, departure: 1335, both in business.

Should I be affraid?

On the return flight, HKG-CDG arrival at 0620 and CDG - BCN departure 0705.
This was booked through AF; I'm quite sure that I'll miss the connection on the return flight but I don't care, I'm worried about the outbound flight.

What do you think?
It should be ok if the flight from BCN is on time. Once you are landside in 2F, you need 5mn to walk to immigration in 2E. Take the fast track immigration lane "Acces N°1" located to the left (should be very quick) and then the fast track lane for security (you are not entitled to the super fast track lane dedicated to l'Espace Premiere Passengers). Once you have cleared security, you need 5m to walk to your gate if it is located in the main 2E boarding pier or 10mn (walk + automated shuttle) if it is located in satellite S3.

Enjoy your flights !
Old Jul 25, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: (EK) Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by shango
Hello all,

We are a family of 5 flying from Dubai to Rome. Our flight from Dubai arrives at 6:05am while our flight to Rome departs at 07:15am. Is 1:10 minutes enough time to connect in CDG? This will be our first time in the airport and we heard of how difficult it is to connect at CDG...

Any advice would be much appreciated...

Thanks

Mark
Sorry, I should have mentioned that both our flights are with Air France. I think we arrive and depart in terminal 2F....
Old Jul 25, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
Then I better just get on the Bus
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Dhamal
Then I better just get on the Bus
If your incoming flight is early, walking would allow you to use the landside arrivals lounge in 2C, though. The showers there are nicer than the one in the 2C departures lounge.

Last edited by JOUY31; Jul 26, 2008 at 6:26 am
Old Jul 25, 2008, 5:40 pm

Programs: United Milage Plus, Alaska Airlines Milage Plan, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I think okflyer meant that, for customs, it is an international flight, as Norway is not part of the EU.
You are right. Since Norway is not an EU country every flight from abroad have to go through Customs. But I suspect that is the case for EU countries as well as to much revenue would be lost if customs tolls were not collected on entry into a given EU or any other country. Then you also have the issue of immigration control (passport check) outside of a Schengen country.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Sorry, I should have mentioned that both our flights are with Air France. I think we arrive and depart in terminal 2F....
In that case if your incoming flight arrives on time, you should make your connection as long as you don't dawdle. But there is maybe a 5-10% chance that an incoming delay will make you miss it.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 9:32 pm

For Dubai to Rome it appears that you just need to go between the non-Schengen and Schengen sections of 2F.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 11:37 pm

Programs: (EK) Skywards Gold
Thanks stimpy.

Originally Posted by rove312
For Dubai to Rome it appears that you just need to go between the non-Schengen and Schengen sections of 2F.
Is this easily doable? Any tips would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Old Jul 26, 2008, 5:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
Thanks stimpy.

Is this easily doable? Any tips would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Yes, probably the easiest connection in CDG : 5 minutes, going slowly (both zones are in the same terminal).
Old Jul 26, 2008, 9:25 am

Lifting the transfer instructions within 2F, for Dubai to Rome, which you can find at www.airfrance.us :

Follow the transfer sign
Turn right and follow the signs for Gates F21-56
Go past the transfer counter
Go straight on and go through the border police checkpoint
Go straight ahead and on to the lower level via the escalators, stairs or elevators
Leave the restricted area
Upon leaving the restricted area
Turn right and follow the signs for Gates F21-36
Turn right and follow the signs for Gates F21-36
Go straight on until you reach the sign that reads Gates F21-36
Turn left
Go straight on to the security check
Go through the security check
Go to the boarding lounge
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:34 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi,

The key here is that you were entering the Schengen zone. You always go through passport control in the first country in which you enter the zone.

If you had continued to ZRH or LHR, you would have been able to stay airside.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

OK, IM LOST!!!!

So...I have a flight booked (FIRST EVER on AF) which goes like this:

8/9 (sat) FRA-CDG 150 ar 310 AF1619
8/9 (sat) CDG-LHR 410 ar 425 AF1680
booked in business

When I booked this, I was told "its about 5 min" between terminals/gates. The above quoted seems to say that I should be able to stay airside and NOT go through immigration at CDG? But the AF website does NOT list UK as a Schengen transfer. Im totally LOST!

So, a few questions. IF the flights are on time...can I make it? Currently it is listed as into 2D, out of 2F for the past few days! Do I need to pass security? Immigration? Stay airside?

Also, OT, but HOW do I get seats??? I can NOT find a way on the website!

Thanks in advance for the help. Leaving tomorrow for FRA!!!

ETA: I have the possibility of rebooking on an earlier flight on AF that departs at 1040 and arrives at 12. This is on a Fokker vs the airbus I am currently booked on, with TONS of time to spare if I take this. Also, does business get lounge access? Might be worth the extra time if I can hang out (NO STATUS) in the lounge!
Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
OK, IM LOST!!!!

So...I have a flight booked (FIRST EVER on AF) which goes like this:

8/9 (sat) FRA-CDG 150 ar 310 AF1619
8/9 (sat) CDG-LHR 410 ar 425 AF1680
booked in business

When I booked this, I was told "its about 5 min" between terminals/gates. The above quoted seems to say that I should be able to stay airside and NOT go through immigration at CDG? But the AF website does NOT list UK as a Schengen transfer. Im totally LOST!

So, a few questions. IF the flights are on time...can I make it? Currently it is listed as into 2D, out of 2F for the past few days! Do I need to pass security? Immigration? Stay airside?

Also, OT, but HOW do I get seats??? I can NOT find a way on the website!

Thanks in advance for the help. Leaving tomorrow for FRA!!!

ETA: I have the possibility of rebooking on an earlier flight on AF that departs at 1040 and arrives at 12. This is on a Fokker vs the airbus I am currently booked on, with TONS of time to spare if I take this. Also, does business get lounge access? Might be worth the extra time if I can hang out (NO STATUS) in the lounge!
This one hour connection is somewhat tight but doable. Walking between the two terminals takes about 10mn, but you will also have to clear both immigration, as the UK is a non-Schengen destination and security, which is a requirement for any flight departing from CDG.

The connection is 2D->2E and is straightforward. As a business class passenger, you will be able to use the fast track immigration and security lanes in 2E, labelled "Acces n°1" and located to the left of the standard lanes.

I would personally take the earlier flight, in case of any delay with the flight from FRA. In addition, as a business class passenger, you will be able to use the lounge in 2E.

One last thing. 2E has two boarding areas, the main one and the one in satellite S3. In my personal experience, AF flights to LHR have always used the main boarding area (gates E21 to E47) rather than the one in satellite S3 (gates (E51 to E76). In the first case, you clear immigration and security in the main 2E building. In the second case, you clear immigration in the main building, board an automated shuttle train (45s) and clear security in S3.

Enjoy your flights
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:33 am

We are not business class -- so that does drastically change the plan???

Last edited by ALadyNCal; Aug 14, 2008 at 11:42 am
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:43 am

I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to find my answer -- it could be in this thread....but my searches haven't found it yet
Question 1: How do I know if I have to change terminals? The connection is CDG to LHR. The itin is FCO CDG LHR LAX. I have it on hold as an award that I need to ticket tonite.

Question 2: IF the one hour change time at CDG is too short and we miss the connection to LHR, will it be terribly difficult to get put onto another flight to LHR?
DH is concerned about the one hour connection. I told him the 'good thing' (sort of) is that all the flights are on AF (albeit award seats using DL miles) and they would have to get us home somehow... There IS one more NS from CDG to LHR, tho it would then leave us with :35 to connect @ LHR...

Flight details (next June):

FCO-CDG #1205 departing @ 10:20 am (1 hr layover)
CDG-LHR #1480 departing @ 1:30 pm (3:15 layover)
LHR-LAX #60 departing @ 5 pm

In the end, these are the best options to get home from FCO and it seems every option (online anyway) is vis CDG... Thanks for any help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.