FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by saraara
I have few questions:

1) Can anyone please tell me how to change terminals? Also connecting time of 4 to 5 hours will be enough right?
2) If incase connecting flight at either way in Paris get cancelled, what exactly she has to do? Like I said she always ignore going through bus or even in hotel stay if provided due to flight calcellation.
3) I am planning on buying her international SIM card with FREE unlimited incoming calls. What international SIM card should I buy that will work in Paris CDG without any signal and reception coverage problems and I can be in tough with her from USA during connecting flight time?
Sure, 4-5 hours is plenty of time, even walking slow and stopping to ask questions. Even if she doesn't speak any English or French at all, she can show her boarding pass to the information desk or any AF official to get pointed in the right direction. She should do the same if the flight is canceled.

As for the phone, you can get a SIM from Orange or SFR (Vodaphone) for free incoming calls.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Sure, 4-5 hours is plenty of time, even walking slow and stopping to ask questions. Even if she doesn't speak any English or French at all, she can show her boarding pass to the information desk or any AF official to get pointed in the right direction. She should do the same if the flight is canceled.

As for the phone, you can get a SIM from Orange or SFR (Vodaphone) for free incoming calls.
Thanks a lot.

Do you know if incase they cancel connecting flight, they can arrange for the next flight on same day? Or it could be on next day? The biggest fear for me is how she can deal with the cancellation of flights at midway in Paris. I am sure there are many experts in here knows much better than me about cancellation flights and how they arranged for the another flight.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by saraara
Do you know if incase they cancel connecting flight, they can arrange for the next flight on same day? Or it could be on next day? The biggest fear for me is how she can deal with the cancellation of flights at midway in Paris. I am sure there are many experts in here knows much better than me about cancellation flights and how they arranged for the another flight.
It depends on if there is another flight and if there is space. No one can know the answer in advance.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 4:41 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
xfer question

Hi All,

I'm planning a trip to Europe in November, and I arrive CDG on NW from the USA at 10:30am. I'm planning on connecting to Prague.

My choices are:

British Airways, cost $250 USD, departs CDG at 12:25pm
SkyEurope, cost $65 USD, departs ORY at 4:40pm.

All things considered, which one is worth picking? Is that 2 hour connection at CDG doable? Is SkyEurope a decent airline?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:51 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by DHAST
Hi All,

I'm planning a trip to Europe in November, and I arrive CDG on NW from the USA at 10:30am. I'm planning on connecting to Prague.

My choices are:

British Airways, cost $250 USD, departs CDG at 12:25pm
SkyEurope, cost $65 USD, departs ORY at 4:40pm.

All things considered, which one is worth picking? Is that 2 hour connection at CDG doable? Is SkyEurope a decent airline?
Hi DHAST,

Couple of questions:

Have you taken a look at Czech Airlines? They are part of Skyteam, and you might be able to get a direct flight. This might also make it easier to have your luggage checked through. (Taking a quick look, I found tickets for around $300 in November).

The reason I ask is that if you have to check in again at CDG, 2 hours is probably short.

Also, why not check with NW how expensive extending your ticket to PRG would be?

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 13, 2008, 8:43 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Have you taken a look at Czech Airlines? They are part of Skyteam, and you might be able to get a direct flight. This might also make it easier to have your luggage checked through. (Taking a quick look, I found tickets for around $300 in November).
Thanks for your response. I'm only looking for a one-way ticket, and Czech was coming up at $1000. I never looked at throwing away the return. Throwing away the return gives me a return fare of $366, which is reasonable.

I guess one of the questions for me is, how much money should one save to make a transfer to ORY worth it?

Also, why not check with NW how expensive extending your ticket to PRG would be?
I'm on an award ticket, and CDG is already a stop over point. (Final destination is BOM). Something tells me that won't even be possible.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Transferring CDG to ORY can take 2 hours.
Skyeurope sells tickets for 1 euro. But this is not the most reliable airline and any extra is supplement (checked bag,..). You have to add the CDG-ORY transfer (€18 by direct bus).
If there is a convenient flight on either AF or CZ (they codeshare), I would much prefer to fork the additional $300 as you can wait at the AF lounge at CDG (NW plat). Also you can check through your luggage and not clear immigration. Unfortunately, it seems that there are no convenient flight if you arrive at 10:30. But taking the direct AF/CZ flight at 3pm will probably make you arrive at a similar time asthe BA flight (with risk of missed connection in LHR).
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:21 pm

help on a 2E to 2E transfer

Dear flyertalkers,

I have two transfer questions related to the new 2E (my previous experiences from 1-2 years back with CDG 2E have been difficult but I made all my connections):

1. Is this 45 minute transfer within 2E easy (like it would be in Munich say) or time-consuming? Would it be better to catch the 4:45pm from Dulles to give myself more connection time - if so, are there showers or somewhere good to rest in 2E?

Saturday, July 19, 2008
AF 025 - l'Espace Affaires
- 6:45 PM Washington, Dulles Intl (IAD) DC - Usa
- 8:20 AM Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France

Sunday, July 20, 2008
AF 1190 - l'Espace Affaires
- 9:05 AM Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - Terminal 2E
- 1:25 PM Istanbul, Ataturk (IST) - Turkey

2. A more subjective one: my 10 year old daughter is flying from Dulles to Manchester England via CDG, she will have AF assistance on the transfer (but I have no idea how good this is) I think from 2E to 2E. Will it be OK to meet her in Manchester or safer to meet her in CDG? If CDG, where - should we take a later flight (around 4pm) to make sure I have enough time to meet her, and then re-check in? Or is 2E organized so that I can meet her when she lands, and then walk together to the Manchester flight?

AF 027 - l'Espace Affaires
- 10:15 PM Washington, Dulles Intl (IAD) DC - Usa
- 11:50 AM Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France

AF 2268 - l'Espace Affaires
- 1:20 PM Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France - Terminal 2E
- 1:50 PM Manchester, Manchester Intl (MAN) - United Kingdom

thank you for your help
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by brunos
Transferring CDG to ORY can take 2 hours.
Skyeurope sells tickets for 1 euro. But this is not the most reliable airline and any extra is supplement (checked bag,..). You have to add the CDG-ORY transfer (€18 by direct bus).
If there is a convenient flight on either AF or CZ (they codeshare), I would much prefer to fork the additional $300 as you can wait at the AF lounge at CDG (NW plat). Also you can check through your luggage and not clear immigration. Unfortunately, it seems that there are no convenient flight if you arrive at 10:30. But taking the direct AF/CZ flight at 3pm will probably make you arrive at a similar time asthe BA flight (with risk of missed connection in LHR).
Just a minor detail. Unless I am mistaken, CZ refers to China Southern, while OK is the code for Czech Airlines. On the main issue, I would fully agree with brunos
Old Jul 14, 2008, 2:22 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Question Transfer 2F - 2C in 65 minutes?

I never thought I'd ask a question about connection times as I tend to book my flights with lots of spare time. But my flight ZRH-CDG-TNR leaves me with no other real option.

So. This Saturday, July 19th, I will arrive at 9:10 on AF5111 from ZRH which will be in a remote stand (normally one near S3) with a bus transfer to 2F2. 65 minutes later at 10:15 my flight AF908 will leave from 2C.

How much traffic is there at Terminal 2C at that time? What makes more sense at that time: Take the air-side shuttle or walk by foot?
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta 3MM/PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Meeting someone at 2A

All,

A quick question. I'm arriving at 2E (AF 17 from JFK) and will be needing to meet someone coming in on American at 2A. We'd then walk (back for me) to the RER B station

I'm trying to make sense of the map 2A map. Would having the meeting place be: "by door #5 out front of the coffee shop Caffe Rizatta which is by the elevators to parking" make sense to those who are familiar with 2A.

Or is there a better/more logical/easier to understand place to meet a CDG newbie arriving passenger from American Airlines in 2A?

Many thanks!

Joel
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:18 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by JoelA
All,

A quick question. I'm arriving at 2E (AF 17 from JFK) and will be needing to meet someone coming in on American at 2A. We'd then walk (back for me) to the RER B station

I'm trying to make sense of the map 2A map. Would having the meeting place be: "by door #5 out front of the coffee shop Caffe Rizatta which is by the elevators to parking" make sense to those who are familiar with 2A.

Or is there a better/more logical/easier to understand place to meet a CDG newbie arriving passenger from American Airlines in 2A?

Many thanks!

Joel
Well, the explanation does make sense, although a first timer in 2A would need to look for the elevators to the car park. My preferred meeting point, especially as you will be walking to the RER, would be the lobby of the Sheraton right above the RER/TGV station.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta 3MM/PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Yes, that'd be much easier!

Many thanks!!

Joel (who will be enjoying seeing the last stage of the Tour de France live in Paris!!)
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:33 pm

Exclamation Travelling with Infant

Hi,
My wife and son (who is 6 months old) are flying CVG-CDG-DXB on Jul 22 08. Since infants get cranky in long flights, I booked them via paris. But after reading about "not so good transit experience in CDG", I regret, I should have booked them ATL-DXB direct flight. Anyways

They are flying

22JUL DELTA 44
LV CINCINNATI 730P
AR PARIS-DEGAUL 955A

23JUL AIR FRANCE 526
LV PARIS-DEGAUL 115P
AR DUBAI 955P

They have about 3 hrs of layover in CDG. Please post if you know or have similar experience.

1. What terminals Delta 44 arives at and AIR FRANCE 526 departs from ?
2. What will be easient way to change terminal if they have to? (Travelling with infant)
3. Would they have to go through immigration/security while changing terminals ?
4. What are options in case flight is cancelled.
3. Any other useful information

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:00 pm

Programs: United Milage Plus, Alaska Airlines Milage Plan, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by iamhere9
Hi,
My wife and son (who is 6 months old) are flying CVG-CDG-DXB on Jul 22 08. Since infants get cranky in long flights, I booked them via paris. But after reading about "not so good transit experience in CDG", I regret, I should have booked them ATL-DXB direct flight. Anyways

They are flying

22JUL DELTA 44
LV CINCINNATI 730P
AR PARIS-DEGAUL 955A

23JUL AIR FRANCE 526
LV PARIS-DEGAUL 115P
AR DUBAI 955P

They have about 3 hrs of layover in CDG. Please post if you know or have similar experience.

1. What terminals Delta 44 arives at and AIR FRANCE 526 departs from ?
2. What will be easient way to change terminal if they have to? (Travelling with infant)
3. Would they have to go through immigration/security while changing terminals ?
4. What are options in case flight is cancelled.
3. Any other useful information

Thanks in advance
1.Since they are flying in on Delta they most likely will arrive at terminal 2c or a parking spot assigned and bussed to the 2 c terminal. 2.Ask one of the Terminal personnel for help when disembarking the plane or one of the plane crew.

Will probably need to go through passport control since you most likely will have to change terminals. Could possible be 2E? I Have not found where Air France leaves for Dubai. With 3 hours 20 minutes there should be ample time for transferring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.