FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/456112-faq-5a1-paris-cdg-airport-faq.html)

TrojanTraveler Feb 21, 2006 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
It is indeed landside :).

There are two baggage claim areas in 2D. When arriving from the jetway into 2D, looking away from the tarmac, you should turn to the left and exit by either a baggage claim area or the entrance/exit where there used to be passport controls a long time ago, just as in 2B today. Turning left ensures that you go to the end of 2D closest to the TGV station. Turning right would lead you to the food court area located between 2D and 2B (wrong direction !!)

Unfortunately, I haven't ever used this lounge yet. Reports from other posters indicate that it is a full fledged lounge, although the lounge in the 2E building itself is probably the best AF business class lounge.

Good luck ! :)

JOUY31, Thanks again for your help. Had no problem as ElitePlus getting into 2C Arrivals Lounge. Plan on doing the same in 10 days.

Stopped at 2E and it is indeed a great lounge. The satellite lounge was just ok, nice seating, but I looked for showers and did not see them. Looking forward to when 2E is back in operation.

pingster Feb 25, 2006 2:04 am

This thread is great! Wondering if someone can help with my itinerary?
Flying AF SFO-CDG-FCO. I believe CDG to FCO is a codeshare with Alitalia. I have a 1 hr connection to get from 2C to 2F. Is this doable?

Thanks in advance!

Falco Peregrinus Feb 25, 2006 2:42 am

Originally Posted by pingster
Flying AF SFO-CDG-FCO. I believe CDG to FCO is a codeshare with Alitalia. I have a 1 hr connection to get from 2C to 2F. Is this doable?

I guess you're talking about AF83 and AF9846. A bit tight but perfectly doable if AF83 is on time. You don't risk too much anyway. If you miss AF9846, they will rebook you on the next one (AF9834) at 14:00. An A321 too (plenty of seats).

By the way, welcome to FT!
:)

pingster Feb 25, 2006 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
I guess you're talking about AF83 and AF9846. A bit tight but perfectly doable if AF83 is on time. You don't risk too much anyway. If you miss AF9846, they will rebook you on the next one (AF9834) at 14:00. An A321 too (plenty of seats).

By the way, welcome to FT!
:)

thanks for your help! definitely puts my mind at ease. i just discovered flyertalk recently and love it. thanks for the warm welcome.

marbles dad Feb 25, 2006 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by pingster
thanks for your help! definitely puts my mind at ease. i just discovered flyertalk recently and love it. thanks for the warm welcome.

I have a similar situation in a few weeks on aF 65 from LAX-CDG and AZ 333 from CDG-FCO . I think with a 75 minute connection. I wAs wondering about that . now I feel a little better.

JOUY31 Feb 27, 2006 9:36 am

Originally Posted by marbles dad
I have a similar situation in a few weeks on aF 65 from LAX-CDG and AZ 333 from CDG-FCO . I think with a 75 minute connection. I wAs wondering about that . now I feel a little better.

You will be arriving at 2C at an off peak hour, so immigration should be OK. Walking from 2C to 2F1, for your departure to FCO should take 10mn once you have cleared immigration in 2C. Security checks in 2F1 should take about 10mn, and there is a fast track lane for Elite Plus and premium passengers.

In any case, there is another AZ flight at 2:00 PM.

Enjoy your flights :)

FlaCourt Feb 28, 2006 12:42 pm

2C/2F Connection

Hi there...

I will be flying next week on AF 95 from MIA to CDG, arriving at 8:05 a.m. (in 2C) and then connecting to KL 1228 which departs at 9:00 a.m. (from 2F). Do you all think I will have enough time? If not, it looks like there are plenty of AF/KL flights through the morning - how easy is it to rebook on those if necessary? I presume I do not have to clear customs (right?). Any thoughts/suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

JOUY31 Feb 28, 2006 12:54 pm

If your flight from MIA is on time and if you have a jetway instead of a remote stand, there should not be a problem. Otherwise, it is a bit tight, but as you mentioned, there are plenty of flights to AMS. If you miss your connection, you are usually automatically rebooked on the following flight or you may have to ask at the transfer desk.

Regarding your checked baggage, you will clear customs at your final EU destination, but your carry-on may be inspected upon arrival in CDG (never happened to me ;) ).

Once you have cleared immigration and left the baggage retrieval area in 2C, go towards the TGV station (5mn) over moving walkways, cross over to the other side of the building (1mn) and then turn right towards 2F over another set of moving walkways, to the security check at the entrance to the 2F1 (Schengen area, including AMS - 5mn). After security check, you need at most an additional 5mn to reach any gate in 2F1.

Enjoy your flights :).

Originally Posted by FlaCourt
Hi there...

I will be flying next week on AF 95 from MIA to CDG, arriving at 8:05 a.m. (in 2C) and then connecting to KL 1228 which departs at 9:00 a.m. (from 2F). Do you all think I will have enough time? If not, it looks like there are plenty of AF/KL flights through the morning - how easy is it to rebook on those if necessary? I presume I do not have to clear customs (right?). Any thoughts/suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

FlaCourt Feb 28, 2006 12:59 pm

Thank you very much - that is great information and I really appreciate it.

JOUY31 Mar 2, 2006 5:01 am

ADP January 2006 traffic figures

ADP January 2006 traffic figures

Aéroports de Paris handled 6 million passengers at CDG and ORY in January, an increase of 4.6% compared with January 2005.

The rise in passenger traffic was generated by an increase of 5.9% at CDG and a growth of 2.1% at ORY

BHAMFlyer Mar 5, 2006 7:24 pm

I have a friend who is traveling to CDG on DL 44 on March 25. His sister is coming as well but on DL 22. Her flight arrives around 9:00 am and he gets in 45 minutes later. She does not ever travel, much less Internationally.

Can someone give me some tips to pass along to them to help guide them once they land to ensure they find each other?

I appreciate everyone's help. I have read this whole thread and there is a ton of info and I am very appreciative of that.

I will also be through CDG on March 29 on my way to GVA. Any tips on finding my connecting flight would be nice as well.

Thanks!

The Toe Mar 8, 2006 6:01 pm

Connecting form CDG

My wife and I will be in Europe for two weeks celebrating our ten year anniversary. We are flying direct, on Air France (744), from San Francisco to Paris. We arrive at 11:50am and our connecting flight to Prague (Czech Air) departs at 1:05pm. After reading all 11 pages, I am beginning to feel that 75 minutes will be enough time.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Toe.

eefor jfp Mar 14, 2006 4:35 am

Originally Posted by BHAMFlyer
I have a friend who is traveling to CDG on DL 44 on March 25. His sister is coming as well but on DL 22. Her flight arrives around 9:00 am and he gets in 45 minutes later. She does not ever travel, much less Internationally.

Can someone give me some tips to pass along to them to help guide them once they land to ensure they find each other?

I appreciate everyone's help. I have read this whole thread and there is a ton of info and I am very appreciative of that.

I will also be through CDG on March 29 on my way to GVA. Any tips on finding my connecting flight would be nice as well.

Thanks!

What class are your friend and his sister flying in? And is Paris their final destination? If so, are they staying in town or near the airport?

If they are in biz (and not staying near the airport) I might suggest meeting in the arrivals lounge in 2C so they can have breakfast and a shower. Another choice might be the lobby of the Sheraton for breakfast. If they are staying near the airport, I would suggest going straight to the hotel. And if they are transiting and in biz, I would suggest the lounge of the terminal they will be connecting from.

BHAMFlyer Mar 14, 2006 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
What class are your friend and his sister flying in? And is Paris their final destination? If so, are they staying in town or near the airport?

If they are in biz (and not staying near the airport) I might suggest meeting in the arrivals lounge in 2C so they can have breakfast and a shower. Another choice might be the lobby of the Sheraton for breakfast. If they are staying near the airport, I would suggest going straight to the hotel. And if they are transiting and in biz, I would suggest the lounge of the terminal they will be connecting from.

Thanks for your reply.

They are both flying coach. They are then going to stay in town for 3 or 4 nights. They want to take the RER into the city and then the Metro to their hotel. Any further suggestions are much appreciated.

JOUY31 Mar 15, 2006 3:10 pm

Delay in S3 opening

Unfortunately, according to both AF and ADP sources it seems that the opening of the S3 satellite will be "phased" until autumn 2007, instead of S3 being operational for spring.

Batiactu (in French only)
Interactive Investor (in English)

In addition, the number of AF long-haul flights with a jetway at CDG has dropped from 70% to 50% with the unavailability of the Jetee of Terminal 2E.