Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:18 am

Programs: KLM Platinum; BMI Gold; Hilton Gold
2F to 2B

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere - I've searched to no avail.
Several of the family are traveling BRS-CDG-BUH next month, involving transfer in CDG from 2F to 2B. Whilst they are booked AF1473/2288, which gives them over 2hr for transfer, my research shows the BRS-CDG as often very late (often 1hr or more). Would transfer by bus airside or walking 2F to 2B be better? Many thanks in advance for comment.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:41 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Crwydryn
Apologies if this is covered elsewhere - I've searched to no avail.
Several of the family are traveling BRS-CDG-BUH next month, involving transfer in CDG from 2F to 2B. Whilst they are booked AF1473/2288, which gives them over 2hr for transfer, my research shows the BRS-CDG as often very late (often 1hr or more). Would transfer by bus airside or walking 2F to 2B be better? Many thanks in advance for comment.
Two hours would be fine to either use the airside bus or walk landside.

When you are down to one hour, it becomes a tricky connection, which will hopefully be a thing of the past in April, when AF is supposed to leave 2B, with flights to OTP using 2F ... The best thing you can hope for, if you are down to one hour, is to be driven from your incoming flight to 2B.

Anyway, you will first probably be bussed from a remote stand to terminal 2F, as your incoming flight is operated by a regional aircraft (ATR42). So you should factor in an additional 15mn from your arrival at the parking stand.

Once you arrive in 2F, you have the choice between two options, which in this case, unfortunately take the longest time :

- the airside bus is straightforward, but 2B is the fifth stop, after S3, 2E, 2C and 2A. According to the AF web site, it should take 21mn, but it reportedly takes more time;
- walking landside includes two immigration checks, one in 2F to enter France, and another one in 2B to leave France; from the non-Schengen pier of 2F, you need about 5mn to the other end of 2F, 5mn to the TGV station, 5mn to 2D, and another 5mn to 2B; immigration in 2B can be quick, it can also take 15mn.

In any case, you also have to clear security to enter the gate area in 2B.

So it really depends on the time you have left once you arrive in the 2F terminal building after landing from Bristol.

If I had one hour left after arriving in the 2F building, I would personally walk, but then, I am used to rushing through CDG, and I would not waste a single second. If you have family members who are not used to rushing through an airport, I would take the airside bus and hope for the best.

Bonne chance .

Last edited by JOUY31; Feb 23, 2008 at 10:47 am
Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:17 am

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
Can someone tell me if AF is going to change terminals at CDG, starting the new summertimetable?

My itenerary shows terminal 2F for AF 344 to YUL
Old Mar 8, 2008, 3:31 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by tgv2
Can someone tell me if AF is going to change terminals at CDG, starting the new summertimetable?

My itenerary shows terminal 2F for AF 344 to YUL
Yes, it does seem that AF flights to YUL will move from 2E to 2F2 with the new summer timetable.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
More connection questions

I will be on AF5111 from ZRH to CDG on July 20th, which arrives at 9:15 and I will leave at 10:15 on AF908 to TNR. As far as I know AF5111 will arrive on a busstand and will get me to 2F2. On my ticket it says, that AF908 will leave from Terminal 2C. As I'm FB Plat, I should get through Access No1, AF5111 leaves ZRH at 7:20 so I guess we might be early into CDG.

Would you suggest walking or the airside bus?
Is it a busy time at 2C?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:15 pm

Programs: United Milage Plus, Alaska Airlines Milage Plan, SAS Eurobonus
Oslo to Seattle via CDG

I have read through most of this tread, with many good ideas for how to connect at CDG. I have a tight connection from OSL to SEA on May 16, 2008. Will need to absolutely be in SEA that day to reach my niece's wedding on May 17th in SEA.

The way I see it I either take my chance on making the connection at CDG since I do not believe AF has many other flights to the West Coast that day as a re-booking option if I miss the flight, or I can take an afternoon flight on the 15 of May to CDG from OSL. Since this is a Bonus mile flight I rather not spend the $ on changing my ticket and for extra hotel one night around CDG if I can help it. Any good suggestions?

My flight leave OSL 6.30 Am arrive at CDG at 8.55 AM terminal 2D. My CDG SEA flight leaves at 10.15 AM from Terminal 2E. On the e-ticket it says the deadline for check in is 9.15 AM. AF tells me they figure on only 45 minutes transfer time at CDG. The way I see it it will at least be until 9.40 before I can get to the gate, but Check in might be closed by then? Or are AF pulling a rug over my face? They btw told me if "I was not comfortable with the connect time I should change my schedule". Go figure, they have absolute confidence in their 45 min transfer time they quoted me!

Does anyone know if it is a lot of delays on these flights? Either from OSL to CDG or from CDG to SEA? Or is it worth it taking my chances?

IF I decide to take my chances, Should I contact AF to see if a staff person could guide me through the transfer mess? Take the air side bus?

Any and all help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I have plenty of time on my SEA OSL layover at CDG in April,
Old Mar 24, 2008, 2:12 am

Programs: United Milage Plus, Alaska Airlines Milage Plan, SAS Eurobonus
Osl Sea

After checking flight delays etc on Flightstats.com I came to the conclusion I decided to change my OSL CDG departure to May 15, 2008 and to stay overnight. Even though the average delay is longer on my May 15 flight into CDG I will not have any problems reaching the CDG SEA flight on the 16th that way.

Lesson learned: Check potential flight delays/connection times on an award ticket route before you accept the flight given to you by the awarding airline.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat
some information about CDG's future :

http://corporate.airfrance.com/fr/me...ash=daa0ab42a7
Old Mar 28, 2008, 5:31 am

Programs: Delta/Gold
Changes coming to CDG

I've taken groups to Europe on several occasions and lately have used AF in Economy. The fares are great, the service very good, the food good (who can beat the baguette, cheese and wine) and the movies excellent. Love AF!!!!!

But CDG is another story. Last two times when we had to transfer, we had to go down an escalator to catch a transfer bus. The escalator took us to a small waiting area by a glass door. The room was very small, but the escalator kept carrying people down... it was a disaster and the agent just kept yelling "don't push". Once we got to the right terminal... well, there was not much there in terms of seating to wait.

I heard that much of the problem is due to the more limited capacity after the crash of one of the buildings. Is this true..or just the unique flavour of CDG? Is the terminal being reconstructed? Any changes coming to CDG to improve the airport.

Our groups enjoyed AF so much, but transfer through CDG is possibly a deal-breaker.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 5:32 am

Programs: Delta/Gold
Changes coming to CDG?

I've taken groups to Europe on several occasions and lately have used AF in Economy. The fares are great, the service very good, the food good (who can beat the baguette, cheese and wine) and the movies excellent. Love AF!!!!!

But CDG is another story. Last two times when we had to transfer, we had to go down an escalator to catch a transfer bus. The escalator took us to a small waiting area by a glass door. The room was very small, but the escalator kept carrying people down... it was a disaster and the agent just kept yelling "don't push". Once we got to the right terminal... well, there was not much there in terms of seating to wait.

I heard that much of the problem is due to the more limited capacity after the crash of one of the buildings. Is this true..or just the unique flavour of CDG? Is the terminal being reconstructed? Any changes coming to CDG to improve the airport.

Our groups enjoyed AF so much, but transfer through CDG is possibly a deal-breaker.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
I've asked this question in the S3 and future trends before, but it probably better fits here:

If I have a 2E-2D connection and end up arriving at S3, is it better to take the train and walk from 2E to 2D or take the walkway over to 2F and then walk on to 2D?
Old Apr 5, 2008, 5:53 am

Question ams-cdg-bcn

dear all,

a quick question; in two weeks i'm on two connecting AF-flights ams-cdg-bcn with a 50min layover in cdg. eventough i've never been to cdg i've got the feeling i'll be allright.

please confirm if you believe i'm fine? or if you think i need more connecting time
Old Apr 9, 2008, 6:27 am

Need help for 2E to meet wife

Hi,
I am reaching to paris from NY and my wife is coming from delhi. We both are reaching at terminal 2E and airlines for both of us are Air France. Could you please let us know where can we meet at terminal 2E. Its preferable to meet before immigration area, is there any common area where we can decide and meet before immigration ? Also please let us know is immigration and baggage claim area is same for all flight which arrives on terminal 2E. i seen detailed map (pdf) but that looks bit old so couldnt figure out immigration/baggage claim location in map.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:03 am

Need help for 2E to meet wife

Hi,
my wife and myself is reaching to paris with airfrance but I am coming from NY and my wife is coming from delhi. Both flights reaches at same time terminal 2E and after that we are going to visit paris. I like to know can I go to her flight arrival gate because its inside same terminal if not then where can we meet. I would like to meet before immigration because she might not be having all the documents so both of us want to clear immigration together ?? ..
please reply .. I am not sure how to check the answers posted on this forum so please reply to ajay978ATgmail.com also.

thanks a lot
ajay

Last edited by ajay978; Apr 9, 2008 at 3:06 pm
Old May 1, 2008, 3:58 pm

need advice on getting from 2E to 2D at CDG

First time post. So please bear with me.
I am flying economy.

On May 22 I arrive at 2E on AF flight 385 from Atlanta at 11:20am.
My connecting flight is at 2D on AF 7664 at 12:50pm to Marseille.

On June 1 I arrive at 2D on AF flight 7663 from Marseille at 12:15pm
My connecting flight is at 2E on AF 388 at 1:45pm to Atlanta.

I understand from previous posts that it is best to walk between the terminals and that I follow the "correspondence"
directions to get between the terminals.

Is 90 minutes enough time to do this?

Also I am reading references to "S3". How will this affect the time needed to transfer?

thanks

Murray

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.