FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Old Jan 2, 08, 10:29 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by mitchdew View Post
What is the peak time at this terminal?

I wil lbe flying LAX-CDG-PRG. My flight 65 arrives at 10>35 am connecting with 1982 to PRG at 1:15 pm from terminal B.

I will be doing this trip after the Zchec Republic will be part of the schengen zone. I guess this time i will have to do the passport control in CDG and not in PRG right??
That's the theory, but I haven't been through 2B since January 1st to see how this extension to the Schengen area has been implemented.

Flying business class, do we have the fast lane(access no 1) for passport and security control??

Thanks for your help
Yes. But there was no Acces no 1 lane in 2B lthe last time I went through it last month.
Old Jan 3, 08, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold - ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by JOUY31 View Post
That's the theory, but I haven't been through 2B since January 1st to see how this extension to the Schengen area has been implemented.
Implementation in the airports will happen on 29 march 2008.
Old Jan 3, 08, 12:16 pm

Help at CDG

I will be traveling through CDG. If a person is simply connecting with Air France from US to Israel do they need a Visa if from Haiti? What about staying all night in terminal, do you need a special visa if you stay in side the terminal?

Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 08, 1:15 pm

Programs: ,starwood gold, fairmont premier,Aeromexico Platino
Originally Posted by JOUY31 View Post

Yes. But there was no Acces no 1 lane in 2B lthe last time I went through it last month.
Thanks!
What about when arriving to 2E? When connecting to a Schengen destination. Do we clear immigration before getting shuttled to our new gate?
What is the peak time for arrivals in 2E? Also 2E arrivals would have the Access no 1??
Old Jan 4, 08, 4:22 am

Programs: FB Silver, MR Platinum (Life), EK Silver, DL, UA Premier, BA, HH Gold, A3 *Silver
Originally Posted by milgray3 View Post
I will be traveling through CDG. If a person is simply connecting with Air France from US to Israel do they need a Visa if from Haiti? What about staying all night in terminal, do you need a special visa if you stay in side the terminal?

Thanks.
Hi Milgray,

Here's a link to the French consulate in Houston with information:

http://www.consulfrance-houston.org/...id_article=339

Quoting them:

With an airport transit visa you are only allowed to remain in the international zone of the airport, but not to go through immigration control.

This visa may be required when you are travelling from the United States to a non Schengen State, through France.
f you hold one of the following documents, you DO NOT NEED an airport transit visa, whatever your nationality :

- diplomatic passport,
- service passport,
- green card,
- refugee travel document,
- re-entry permit,
- residency permit in one of the countries of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Monaco, Andorra, Holy See, San Marino, Canada or Japan.

You DO NEED an airport tansit visa, if you are citizen of one of the following countries :

Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Bengladesh, Burkina Faso (*), Cameroon (*), Republic of Congo, Erythrée, Ethiopia, Gambia (*), Ghana, Guinea(*), Haïti, India (*), Irak, Iran, Ivory Coast (*), Liberia, Libya, Mali (*), Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal (*), Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria(*), and Palestinians holders of a travel document for refugee which has been issued by Egypt, Lebanon or Syria.
So unless you have a green card, or other documents mentioned above, you will need to apply for an airport transit visa.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jan 6, 08, 11:54 am

Programs: Many
2B is a nightmare.

Arriving there the other day, I went to the immigration desk where I was told I was not on the right place and had to use another desk at the opposite of the terminal. There, believe me, there was only one desk open whereas two flights were arriving on this friday afternoon : one AF from Algiers and LX from Zurich. Total chaos as usual : people complaining, queues for immigration crossing with queues for check-in, old steel pillars in the middle of nowhere hampering people (these one are dangerous, I mean, really), absolute lack of signals, no one at the custom desk, dirty floors...

Leaving from 2B is just even better : you have to go through immigration before check-in. Of course, if you do not carry the paper printout from your e-ticket, the police won't let you come in and you will have to go to the airline ticketing desk. What is the point of an e-ticket in CDG then?
And you would better not need the toilet while in the boarding area because there is no bathroom after security !!!! AF lounge is also located between immigration and security.

Who on earth has designed this place called an airport? Shame on ADP : CDG is really the worst place to enter Europe.
Old Jan 6, 08, 1:03 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by bodory View Post
2B is a nightmare.

Arriving there the other day, I went to the immigration desk where I was told I was not on the right place and had to use another desk at the opposite of the terminal. There, believe me, there was only one desk open whereas two flights were arriving on this friday afternoon : one AF from Algiers and LX from Zurich. Total chaos as usual : people complaining, queues for immigration crossing with queues for check-in, old steel pillars in the middle of nowhere hampering people (these one are dangerous, I mean, really), absolute lack of signals, no one at the custom desk, dirty floors...

Leaving from 2B is just even better : you have to go through immigration before check-in. Of course, if you do not carry the paper printout from your e-ticket, the police won't let you come in and you will have to go to the airline ticketing desk. What is the point of an e-ticket in CDG then?
And you would better not need the toilet while in the boarding area because there is no bathroom after security !!!! AF lounge is also located between immigration and security.

Who on earth has designed this place called an airport? Shame on ADP : CDG is really the worst place to enter Europe.
2B is the first hall in CDG2 scheduled for renovation by ADP. And I fully agree this is overdue, especially as it was designed first and foremost as an O/D hall. The confusing check-in/immigration configuration, the security check per group of two gates and the two separate baggage retrieval areas make it a supbar experience. The AF lounge is not the best (and is hated by BA pax) but it probably has the best selection of French magazines in CDG !

As to the difference between the two locations for passport control, it (currently, as it might change with the implementation of the Schengen area on March 30th, and a possible reversal to mixed mode operation, Schengen and non-Schengen) makes a difference if you have checked luggage to retrieve, as each of these immigration checks leads to a different group of two baggage carrousels.

I am usually able to switch from one to the other, either on departure, when it does not make any difference, or upon arrival, when I only have carry-ons and explain it to the Police aux Frontieres officer.

The only improvement I have seen in 2007 in 2B, and it is a very welcome one , is the central check-in area for premium and elite AF (and Skyteam) passengers. I no longer have to wait until the specific AF check-in desk is open between 1h30 and 2 hours before the flight. Check-in desks for BA pax, on the other hand, are restricted to elite and premium passengers. Other passengers have to use the kiosks and only have access to baggage drop desks after immigration .

Last edited by JOUY31; Jan 6, 08 at 1:12 pm
Old Jan 7, 08, 2:28 pm

No Help From French Consulate

Thanks to those who offered advice as to Haitian passport holders who are pemanent residents of the US. The French Consulate has been very rude to us and I have two different opinions from the Washington DC and the Miami offices. What will it be like when I get to CDG with several people who fit this scenario? The real question What is the "international area at CDG? How large and what is in it? One last question. Does a Haitian passport holder who is simply changing planes in France via AF need a visa? Many thanks.
Old Jan 31, 08, 11:53 am

Left luggage

I would be arriving at CDG on SQ, and departing to LHR on AF two days later.

Rather than bringing all my luggage into the city, is there a luggage storage facility at the airport?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jan 31, 08, 12:05 pm

Left luggage

Duplicate post. Sorry.
Old Jan 31, 08, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by phaleesy View Post
I would be arriving at CDG on SQ, and departing to LHR on AF two days later.

Rather than bringing all my luggage into the city, is there a luggage storage facility at the airport?

Thanks in advance for your help.
This is the only possibility.

Bagages du Monde

I have used their services without a problem twice already. The restrictions to the service are due to the fact that no storage is allowed in the terminal buildings and that baggage must be transferred to and from a secure facility in the cargo zone.
Old Feb 9, 08, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List
Help with Connections DTW-CDG-DUB and back

Hello all,
I have looked through this long thread for an up to date answer but found nothing. How do I connect most easily in the following situations?

April 9 2008:
NW 50 (DTW-CDG) arrives 11:25 am (2E)
AF 5006 (CDG-DUB) departs 12:35 pm (2F)

April 22 2008:
AF 5001 (DUB-CDG) arrives 11:50 am (2F)
NW 49 (CDG-DTW) departs 2:00 pm (2E)

I am in World Business Class on both NW flights and in L'Espace Affaires on both AF (CityJet) flights if that helps.

I know that going from non-Schengen to non-Schengen will not require me to go through passport control if I use the shuttle, but will I be better off walking, even with the extra security and passport control?

Any help will be appreciated!
Old Feb 10, 08, 6:41 am

Mileage runners' experience about connecting in CDG from NYC to FCO

An interesting and (very long) thread about passenger experience on AF TATL flights as well as short International to Schengen connections in CDG. I would recommend starting to read with the last page :

(FARE GONE) NYC-Rome ~285 AI on AF
Old Feb 10, 08, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by jucundus View Post
April 9 2008:
NW 50 (DTW-CDG) arrives 11:25 am (2E)
AF 5006 (CDG-DUB) departs 12:35 pm (2F)
That's a very tight connection, especially because the airside shuttle runs clockwise going from 2E to 2F via 2C, 2A and 2B. It will really depend a lot on your actual arrival time in the 2E building.
- option 1 (the best) : you are greeted by an AF agent who will drive you to your flight to DUB (easier than most connections as it doesn't involve going through immigration, being in business class helps)
- option 2 : walk landside; once you have cleared immigration in 2E (use the fast track "acces n°1 lane"), walking to 2F takes 10mn. You will then also use fast track lanes to clear immigration and security. You will probably need to board a bus to reach your flight to DUB as it is operated by Cityjet with regional aircrafts
- option 3 : use the airside shuttle; I have never used it with so many stops and I would personally hesitate to use it, especially as you can use fast track lanes.

April 22 2008:
AF 5001 (DUB-CDG) arrives 11:50 am (2F)
NW 49 (CDG-DTW) departs 2:00 pm (2E)

I am in World Business Class on both NW flights and in L'Espace Affaires on both AF (CityJet) flights if that helps.

I know that going from non-Schengen to non-Schengen will not require me to go through passport control if I use the shuttle, but will I be better off walking, even with the extra security and passport control?

Any help will be appreciated!
That's the easy one ! You have plenty of time for either the airside bus (one stop to S3, the new 2E satellite and the next one for the main 2E building and boarding area) or a leisurely walk landside. Again, as the flight from DUB is operated by Cityjet, it involves a bus transfer from the aircraft to the terminal.

Enjoy your flights

Last edited by JOUY31; Feb 11, 08 at 12:48 am
Old Feb 10, 08, 7:45 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam
Check in time

Hi everyone

I have a flight departing at 8:25am to NYC-JFK from CDG in terminal 2E. Would it be enough time for me to check in if i arrived at the aeroport CDG 2 TGV-RER railway station at 6:05am? Thanks for ur help!!!

Kindest Regards

Matthew

Search this Thread