FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Old Aug 11, 07, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by allenkeys View Post
In a few weeks I am taking LHR-CDG-BKK and I am not that familiar with CDG. I arrive CDG at 16:10 in 2F, and leave 19:20 in 2E. I booked an earlier LHR-CDG flight to give more time for my connection, and assuming I have time, use the lounge facilities. I have now noted from other threads that there is only a business lounge in 2E, and I am travelling in Y, but as Elite+. Therefore my question is, what are my lounge options, as ideally I would like to have transferred terminals and any security before settling into a lounge?
2E uses three boarding areas, two of which are used at the time you are scheduled to leave :
- boarding area alongside the main 2E building, 5mn away gates E9x, you should use the lounge in 2E
- S3, 45sec away from the main 2E building by automated shuttle; the new AF lounge is not completely finished, but reports about it look positive
Old Aug 11, 07, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
Thanks Jouy31 for your very speedy response.
Old Aug 11, 07, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
How difficult is it to get from CDG to either London or the Dordogne area of France? It has been many years since I have been to Paris and I am going next week but I don't know where I want to go.
Old Aug 11, 07, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by the_happiness_store View Post
How difficult is it to get from CDG to either London or the Dordogne area of France? It has been many years since I have been to Paris and I am going next week but I don't know where I want to go.
From London you can fly or, if you want, take a train.

From the Dordogne, you can take the TGV from Bordeaux or you can fly into CDG.

If you're going to be in the northern Dordogne, you can also fly from Limoges, which might be a little closer to your point of origin than BOD.

It is also possible to take a TGV from Limoges, but not all the way to CDG, only to the Gare d'Austerlitz, which would make this option not as practical, obviously.
Old Aug 16, 07, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta Diamond, AA EXP
Cdg-ord Af050

Hi all,

next week, I'll be doing PRG-CDG-ORD-JFK. I have 85 mins to catch the plane at CDG and after my past experiences at CDG, I am quite unsure whether I will manage it ... yet I had no choice to tke different scheduling/routing. Does anyone know if the AF 050 usually departs from the remote part of 2E or where? I have also checked on performance of this flight and on average, it is 75mins late and I have only 120 mins to clear the immigration and catch the plane at ORD to JFK. Is there any reasons that this flight comes so often so late? I have been checking on it last week and earliest it came to ORD was like 45mins late.

(edited)

Last edited by honzeek_cz; Aug 18, 07 at 5:56 am
Old Aug 16, 07, 11:10 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz View Post
next week, I'll be doing PRG-CDG-ORD-JFK ... I have only 120 mins to clear the immigration and catch the plane to JFK.
You don't need to clear immigration when connecting at CDG from PRG to JFK, just security.
Old Aug 17, 07, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31 View Post
You don't need to clear immigration when connecting at CDG from PRG to JFK, just security.
Sorry I have expressed myself incorrectly, I meant customs and immigration at ORD.
Old Aug 17, 07, 3:54 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Hi all,

next week, I'll be doing PRG-CDG-ORD-JFK. I have 75 mins to catch the plane at CDG and after my past experiences at CDG, I am quite unsure whether I will manage it ...
According to the AF electronic timetable, your connection time at CDG will be 85 min, not 75 min. Admittedly the 2B to 2E connection is not ideal but I've managed to make it in 45 min once before.

I have also checked on performance of this flight and on average, it is 75mins late and I have only 120 mins to clear the immigration and catch the plane to JFK. Is there any reasons that this flight comes so often so late? I have been checking on it last week and earliest it came to ORD was like 45mins late.
Yes, this flight like many other flights to US cities that are served only once a day (SFO, PHL, SEA) has a rather poor on-time arrival performance. I would be more worried by my connection in JFK than in CDG.
Old Aug 18, 07, 6:05 am

fast track

And any chance of benefiting from beging SkyTeam Elite at CDG or ORD? Like fast track security? How AF deciedes whom to pick up at arriving gate (Once I flew PRG-CDG-BOS) and was picked up directly at the gate by AF staff and driven along with my colleague to distant part of 2E terminal though we were not in any kind of time shorate and in Y class...).
Old Aug 18, 07, 10:53 am

Programs: FB Silver, MR Platinum (Life), EK Silver, DL, UA Premier, BA, HH Gold, A3 *Silver
Hi honzeek,

At CDG 2E, there is a "Access no 1" line at security for elite members.

As for being picked up at your gate, this does occasionally happen when you are short of time. For the temporary 2E satellite, AF considers that it will take you up to 45 min to get there, as you have to go through immigration (which can take 30 mins at 2E), then security, and then take a 10 min ride to the temporary satellite.

Is there any systematic approach? I do not believe so, although they may do it if there is no other later flight that they could accommodate you on.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Aug 24, 07, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, One Pass Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
2F - fast track security???

Does anyone know if there is fast track security for Sky Team Elite Plus members in 2F?? And if one arrives off of a UK flight in 2F to change to another 2F departure, does one have to go through Immigration and Customs or just security - and what is the average time to departure gate from arrival??

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 07, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by evanscarrick View Post
Does anyone know if there is fast track security for Sky Team Elite Plus members in 2F??
Yes. It is now called "Acces n°1", under ADP colors instead of AF colors.

And if one arrives off of a UK flight in 2F to change to another 2F departure, does one have to go through Immigration and Customs or just security - and what is the average time to departure gate from arrival??
- immigration and security when connecting to a Schengen flight (2F1)
- security only when connecting to a non-Schengen flight (2F2)

Excluding the time required to clear immigration and security, you need less than 10mn to walk from arrival to the departure gate.
Old Aug 29, 07, 6:36 pm

Greetings.

My wife is attempting to book a flight from Spokane, WA (GEG) to Sevilla, Spain (SPO). Currently, every flight she is able to find that is within an affordable price range has an airport change in France. She has to change from CDG to ORY. We don't know what gate she will be arriving at or departing from. What we are looking for is, as detailed as possible, directions from one airport to the other. Also, we would like to know of any costs that may be associated with the transfer.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back soon.
Old Aug 29, 07, 11:57 pm

Programs: FB Silver, MR Platinum (Life), EK Silver, DL, UA Premier, BA, HH Gold, A3 *Silver
Originally Posted by Snarg View Post
Greetings.

My wife is attempting to book a flight from Spokane, WA (GEG) to Sevilla, Spain (SPO). Currently, every flight she is able to find that is within an affordable price range has an airport change in France. She has to change from CDG to ORY. We don't know what gate she will be arriving at or departing from. What we are looking for is, as detailed as possible, directions from one airport to the other. Also, we would like to know of any costs that may be associated with the transfer.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back soon.
Hi Snarg,

Here's a link to the website for the Paris airports with regards to transfer between the two:

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/Adp/e...roportALAutre/

The basic answer is to take the Air France shuttle bus for 16 Euros.

Cheers,

Ivo
Old Aug 30, 07, 7:18 am

GenevaFlyer - Thank you for the information. This leads me to one more question: Do you think they would take American dollars or should she purchase some Euros ahead of time?

Search this Thread